“Get in here lickety split”
Review of Doc'ks Tiki Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Doc'ks Tiki Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Whether you're looking for a delicious meal or a cold beer or cocktail, we've got it! We serve a variety of dishes including Belizean cuisine, chicken, locally-caught seafood, and our favorite, Texas BBQ! You're sure to enjoy an incredible view of the ocean from our upstairs patio. We are located right on the beach, across from Ambergris Divers.
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I live in ATL and I come to Belize once or twice a year.  Stay at Captan Morgans.   So I am always looking for the next big thing (restaurant).  Licks has opened up and the food is top shelf, A class.  We went there with 7 mid twenties and older adults.  We sat up stairs, where all the sitting is overlooking the ocean.  The breeze was wonderful.  So for the food.    Two folks had lamb burgers.  This in our opinion was hit or miss.  They were good, but I really did not come to Belize for lamb.  The Tuna, was out of this world.   The owner brings it in once or twice a week.  Ask him, he will tell you when they brought it in.  I had the curry shrimp.   The curry was just right.  Seasoned perfect.  One thing to note...... the owner is not a local.  If you ask where licks is, no one will tell you.  Bottom line is they our south of the clock tower. Near the ferry (which is changing due to new ferry docks) right on the beach.  The owner takes pride in the food, tries really hard to make unique dishes.  TRY THIS PLACE.

1  Thank myalchemy
calcer, Owner at Doc'ks Tiki Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Thanx for the amazing review!
Upstairs has an awesome view of the barrier reef abd the ocean so I am glad you sat up there.
I agree you don't come to Belize to have burgers, but some people get tired of fish/seafood so that's why they are on the menu.
The Poki Tuna is out of this word delicious, it's like velvet in your mouth everytime you take a forkful of that tuna.
The curry shrimp is very good and I am glad you enjoyed it.
That's the locals down here, jealous and not willing to help one business owner to another. Even if they just drive a taxi, It still is a business.
Unique dishes are my specialty, you don't want to have the same menu over and over, people will get bored of it.

Thanx for trying us,
I appreciate it greatly.
Hope to see you again,

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We ordered veggie pesto pasta and it was delicious! It came with 2 sides and it was TONS of food! I got another meal out of the leftovers! We also ordered the lobster which was also delicious and very fresh! Also a big portion! There was live music and a great view from the upper level.

2  Thank Rachel G

Thanx for the magnificent review!
The veggie pasta is enough to feed 2 people, and I am glad you enjoyed it so much.
The lobster was fresh that day I believe, so it hadn't even been in the fridge yet. It came striaght off the boat, cooked, then onto your plate and served. You can't beat that!
The upstairs patio is beautiful and I am glad you got to enjoy the view.
Thanx again for the magnificent review!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My boys and I ate lunch and dinner at Licks - both meals were fantastic! There are so many great things about this place: incredible service (Mario, the owner is super nice and even called the airport to get us a better priced flight back to the mainland!) - Delicious food at reasonable prices (one word: snapper) - amazing location and atmosphere (right on the beach) - live reggae music at night - and last but not least Blue, the cutest puppy EVER!. If you go to San Pedro, be sure to get Licked!

1  Thank Jamie E
calcer, Owner at Doc'ks Tiki Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thanx for the great review and yes Blue is a fantastic. Soon to be very big. The food is always fresh and prepared fresh when you order. You guys were wonderful to serve and we look forward to seeing you soon.Thanx for being great customers.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was traveling with jlocklear14, and I have to say he's spot on. If the wonderful breakfast food and phenomenal coffee weren't enough Mario even had a very small puppy named Blue to hang out with while we ate. If there was one restaurant I'd eat at in San Pedro, it'd be Lick's.

Thanx for the review.
I am so glad you liked Blue! She is a fiesty little dog, but she has a good heart and this is her first review!
I'm glad you gave us a try and I'm so glad you enjoyed it.
Thanx again,

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was feeling pretty bad from some heavy drinking the night before, but Lick's fried Jack was the perfect solution. I ended up returning the next morning and getting the same thing.
Also, I drink great coffee back in the states, and Licks' coffee is GOOD.
Finally, Mario, the owner is a great host. Easy conversationalist, very willing to connect us with friends he has around Belize, and has some awesome stories.

Thanx for the great review.
The fried jacks, stuffed of not, arer an excellent meal and filling as well!
The sign board does say "The Best Coffee." I'm glad you liked the coffee.
Thanx for the flattering words about myself, I just treat people the way I want to be treated, wiht kindness and respect.
Thanx again,