“Great hospitality and good vibes”

Doc'ks Tiki Bar & Grill
Ranked #8 of 191 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Whether you're looking for a delicious meal or a cold beer or cocktail, we've got it! We serve a variety of dishes including Belizean cuisine, chicken, locally-caught seafood, and our favorite, Texas BBQ! You're sure to enjoy an incredible view of the ocean from our upstairs patio. We are located right on the beach, across from Ambergris Divers.
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Glad we happened upon Licks during our first full day on the Island. From when we first sat, Mario took great care of us and continued to do so until we left the island, as this is the place we chose to eat before boarding the ferry back to the mainland.

Mario has a great selection of food. My favorites were the stuffed jack and I also enjoyed the french toast. He knows his desserts, and I definitely tasted that when I tried his syrup, very unique and sweet tasting, although not too much. I kept pouring it all over my jack that first day!
The coffee is also bottomless and flowing, they use real milk for their coffee and not creamer, which I appreciate.

Another thing I dig about this spot is the way the front is set up. Benches overlooking the beach as well as the other diners who are out on the front porch. We had many great conversations with Mario and other folks who were dining there. Definitely contributed to our island/no worries vibe.

Mario and Licks is the best. Eat here! You won't regret it.

1  Thank idreamstarr
calcer, Owner at Doc'ks Tiki Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Thanx for the amazing review.
I only treat people the way I want to be treated, with kindness and respect.
The stuffed jack and the french toast are my favorites, as well as our huevos rancheros.
That's the way coffee shoukd be, botemless!
I wanted to set it up that way, so you can interact with the other patrons in the resturant.

There are newer reviews for Doc'ks Tiki Bar & Grill

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I am a part time resident of San Pedro and have dined at many restaurants on the island. I must say Licks is the best! Quantity and quality tops all!! Mario and staff are great and personable! Will do special requests for your meals! He adds new items to the menu daily so your taste buds salivate when you look at his daily offers! I have eaten there many times and his guests always compliment him on the excellent preparation and delivery of their meals. Upstairs and downstairs offer a beautiful view of the Caribbean and happenings on the water!!!!! Must try it if you travel to San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize!! Best Caye Lime pie on the island!!

1  Thank ScubaLizzie

Thanx for the wonderful review.
I'm so glad you decided to dine with us while there are so many other resturants to dine at.
Thank you so much for the kind words and honest (in my opinion) words about my resturant. I appreciate it very much.
Hope to see you soon,
Thanx again,

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Lick's was our breakfast and brunch kick-it spot during our Belize vacay. Mario, the owner is one of the friendliest and knowledgeable people I've ever met anywhere period. He treats you like you're family! You're missing out if you're in San Pedro and haven't met him yet. It's perfectly located right outside of the San Pedro Belize Express dock so you can't miss it. The hours are great as you can drop by for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and the service is amazing. Breakfast is delicious with several options but I kept it simple usually ordering the basic eggs, sausage, and pancakes! The coffee hits the spot but whether you're a coffee-lover or not, you'll love this place! Again, a must do spot in San Pedro!

1  Thank Demarie D

Thanx for the amazing review.
I'm so glad you made my resturant, Licks, your go-to spot during your vacation. It means alot and has me flattered that everything was so good.
Thanx for the flattering comments about myself.
Thanx again for the amazing review,
Hope to see you again,

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I discovered Lick's because they are located very close to a diving company I used. The owner, Mario, is very likeable and friendly. It's a small place, seating about 10 at beach level with an upstairs patio area which I did not vist. The food changes daily but all my breakfast and lunch orders were excellent. Reasonable prices with good portions too. They even do American breakfasts, like bacon and eggs!

1  Thank Anonymous_RK

Thanx for the amazing review,
The seating downstairs is small, but upstairs can seat about 30 people which is a good size.
I'm glad you found all the mealis you had with us excellent.
We try to make a good portion of food so you feel full when you leave us.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Beach side, the owner is very friendly/nice.......and good food, what else can you ask for...pretty good!!!

Thanx for the pretty good review. Haha.
In all seriousiness though, thanx for the review.
We apreciate the time and effort you put into them.
I'm glad you found everything good.