“Excellent Family Run Operation”

Doc'ks Tiki Bar & Grill
Ranked #8 of 191 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Whether you're looking for a delicious meal or a cold beer or cocktail, we've got it! We serve a variety of dishes including Belizean cuisine, chicken, locally-caught seafood, and our favorite, Texas BBQ! You're sure to enjoy an incredible view of the ocean from our upstairs patio. We are located right on the beach, across from Ambergris Divers.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had both several breakfasts and dinners at Licks. The food was very fresh and well prepared. The dinner menu isn't chosen until the restaurant receives its fresh daily catch in the early afternoon. The location is quite good sitting on the beach right next to the Belize Ferry. It's a great stop right after you arrive in Ambergris by boat or any other time for that matter.

calcer, Owner at Doc'ks Tiki Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Thanx for the amazing review.
I'm so glad you liked your meals. I like doing the menus because 1; nobody else does it, and 2; It's always the freshest fish for the customers.
Thanx for the review,
Hope to see you again,

There are newer reviews for Doc'ks Tiki Bar & Grill

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Our group ate at this beach front location multiple times, located right on the beach with the dock of Ambergris Divers and the San Pedro Water Taxi dock located right there. It is a great location, and has ample seating upstairs which provides a great view of the ocean.

The food was inconsistent amongst our group. Some dishes like the blackened lobster sandwich were great, and the BBQ shrimp were small portions, and had a very strong seafood flavor. Service was friendly, informative, and the owner has a lot of passion to make things right.

The most entertaining thing was watching their watchdog point out the seedier characters that would walk by. The dog is a great judge of character.

Thanx for the most honest review.
It is a great location, and I am glad I picked it. It was a one bedroom apartment before I converted it into a restaurant so I think I did a good job.

I'm sorry you found the food inconsistent, but we try our best. If you found the food inconsistent, you should have told your waiter/waitress and we would have fixed it.

Patch is an amazing judge of charecter and I am glad you got the chance to meet her.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had lunch at Lick's... Coconut curry fish and blackened snapper sandwich. Both were delicious. We also enjoyed sangria made fresh and the owner was so kind to let us taste his ahi poke. We will definitely head back to order the ahi and ceviche. Service was super friendly and other patrons were fun to talk to. Do not pass by Lick's.

Thanx for the amazing review!
I'm so glad you enjoyed your meals. We try our best to make them good. The Poke tuna (or ahi poke as you call it) is my favorite meal we do here. We only an do it when we get fresh tuna in.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

When we go diving with Ambergris divers we always stop for lunch at Licks Beachside Cafe great lobster burgers and good atmospere let the owner tell you his stories or give you advise of local knowledge

Thanx for the great review!
We don't have lobster burgers, we have our blackened lobster sandwich, but thanx for the great idea! I'm glad you enjoy my stories.
Hope to see you again,

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great food and great location. Fun and relaxing place to go. Kid friendly too!! Mario was very friendly and recommended other local places to try and activities to do.

1  Thank Kristina S

Thanx for the awesome review.
The food we serve is always fresh so that part of the reason it is so good! That and how we cook it. Of course, you have to experience all of what Belize had to offer and I just helped you out.
Thanx again for the review.