“best breakfast in town”

Doc'ks Tiki Bar & Grill
Ranked #8 of 191 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Whether you're looking for a delicious meal or a cold beer or cocktail, we've got it! We serve a variety of dishes including Belizean cuisine, chicken, locally-caught seafood, and our favorite, Texas BBQ! You're sure to enjoy an incredible view of the ocean from our upstairs patio. We are located right on the beach, across from Ambergris Divers.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

If you are in San Pedro you should try this restaurant...it is family run...right on the beach and they combine great traditional food with local flavors...the best breakfast in town...everything is good...reasonable price...friendly stuff...and great T-shirts!

calcer, Owner at Doc'ks Tiki Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thanx for the review
I could not have said it better than you and yes our t-shirts are great
Thanx and look forward to seeing you again soon

There are newer reviews for Doc'ks Tiki Bar & Grill

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Comes highly recommended but unfortunately his fish left alot to be desired. I ordered blackened snapper....the texture was so firm, not flakey as it should have been. Hooked up with another couple and they said they had the same experience. After talking to some of the locals they commented that many times when you are not ordering the whole fish 'parrot fish' will be substituted. The fish i was served was definitely not snapper! my spouse ordered the whole grilled snapper and the fish texture, etc was completely different....very difficult to substitute with this meal. We live on the gulf coast and frequently purchase whole napper here from the fish markets so we know how it should taste and what the texture should be. Next time I will question the meal!!

Thanx for the review
Yes I have to agree with you parrot fish is horrible!! I had just boight fish from the same suppliers as always the Espat brothers who have been selling fish to me for 3 years here!! Its unfortunate that you have to check all their fish because the really cheat you if you don't check it and you want to believe that after 3 years of buying from them they would not rip you off and lie to you. Unfortunately I am used to trusting people as a loyal purchaser but that cant be done here and I have never seen parrot fish in my kitchen before so I had no experience with this kind of horrible fish. Sorry I did not expect to see this as I have never eaten it and know now it is illegal
Sorry about that but wish you would have said something at the time so I could correct it on the spot. If you get in the habit of mentioning it to an owner that there is a problem it can be corrected immediately.
Hope to see you soon
Mario
This is the same response as the previous one and I do apologize for the terrible fish

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I ordered the whole snapper and my wife a fillet of snapper. Mine was light and flaky, hers was more like pounded chicken breast. Suspect hers was parrot fish, which is a common (but horrible) substitute on the island. Another couple we hooked up with had the same experience. Sad because the service and other courses were very good.

Hope to see you soon
Mario

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Very friendly waitress. We went for breakfast which was good/average. This was the first place we tried Fry Jacks and they did not disappoint. Very delicious. Everything else was fine. We would likely come back to Licks after we try more places on the island.

1  Thank JANicholas

Thanx for the review
I am glad you like the food and the service but kind of a little perplexed at the rating but appreciative of the time you took to write it. We wish you would have come back after you tried a couple of other places so we might have chatted and you could have tried some other food with us.
Thanx for the review and hope you come back

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Lick's is a little gem! The location is great -- right opposite the beach with a wonderful rooftop eating area. The food is out of this world -- very fresh fish & nice side dishes & at fantastic prices!! We ate there 3 times in 10 days.

2  Thank JoanneOhio

Thanx for the great review
Yes we try to always please our guests and are always on top of thigs here. My staff and I like people so we show that. Your visit with us needs to be memorable so we try our hardest to do that. Thanx for that great rating that you gave us we are very pleased about it.
look forward to seeing you soon