Our stay in San Pedro was at Ambergris Condos Paradise Villas, the same condos as Tradewinds Paradise Villa. These condos are rented out by two different companies, the Ambergris Condos are a little bit cheaper, at least in the off-season. Here is the link: [--]. These are older but wonderful condos that have a separate bedroom, two doors to the bathroom, and a fully-furnished kitchen (though small) with dishes, silverware, pots & pans, coffee pot, etc. The living room has cable TV (I watched the basketball playoffs every evening) and a hideabed sofa which is nice if you have children with you. There is also free wi-fi internet access which worked great for us. There is a private balcony with chairs and a hammock. The only negative thing was the saltillo floor needs polishing--it looks old and worn. We had a problem the first day with a musty smell coming from the air conditioner; they sent over a guy to clean it and it was fine after that. The landscape was beautiful, as well as the pool, the place is definitely a nice getaway from the noise and busyness of the town. It is very, very quiet there. The ocean’s edge is about 10 steps from the front gate, and it has its own pier where excursions can pick you up. We are into snorkeling but did not enjoy our first outing which was at Hol Chan reserve because we just had to keep pace with the guide who wore us out. We like to take our time and snorkel at a very leisurely pace. We found a guide the second day whose name is Chocy, (sounds like Chucky only with an o instead of a u) and he took us to several places the next three days and just watched us from the boat ( mexico rocks, ship wreck and other places are all within a 15 to 20 minute boat ride … Chocky estimated 45 minutes so we were pleasantly surprised by how close we actually were to everything.) He only takes 2 to 6 at a time and so is much more relaxed. This was our best snorkeling trip yet and we go once a year for the last 10 years. He does charge about $5 more per person per trip but the freedom he offers is well worth it. You can find him about 3 different ways. He has a sandwich sign next to the Kasbah gift shop. His boat has a slip near Estele’s (if you eat breakfast there, you can usually see him working on his yellow boat around 8:00 a.m. or so. Estele’s is also where you can get a great breakfast for a very reasonable price. Their fry jacks are delicious.) Don’t worry about not knowing where those places are, just ask someone who works in any shop where those places are. You can also reach Chocy through a friend’s e-mail (oh.dannyboy@Belizemail.net). Danny Guerrero will pass on messages to Chocy. Again, Chocy is well worth the effort to find him because he really made our trip a success.
The Chinese food places were very cheap with lots of food which we took home to our refrigerator for other meals. There is a fruit stand right at the back entrance to the condos and we kept stocked up by them. I tried a produce store one day and the fruit was more expensive and not nearly as good. From our condos we did not need any transportation since everything we needed was within a 10 minute walk. That reminds me, the grocery store is a 1 minute walk away but their stuff gets pretty old there. We bought a quart of orange juice twice and they were spoiled both times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will find Tradewinds Paradise Villas nestled in a beautiful beach front location on the north edge of San Pedro. If you are looking for a place to stay that will offer you personalized service, uniquely decorated rooms in the Belizean style, a freshwater pool with swim up b.y.o. bar on lush grounds with sandy pathways that lead you to your fully equipped villa, Tradewinds Paradise Villas is where you want to spend you vacation. LOCATION-LOCATION-LOCATION On the Quiet North edge of San Pedro. Airport is on opposite side. You can Walk to every thing. Restaurants, Pubs Shops and Grocery stores a block away ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Belize Tradewinds Paradise Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belize Tradewinds Paradise Villas Hotel San Pedro
- Belize Tradewinds Paradise Villas San Pedro