All reviews perfect location murphy bed short walk ambergris caye security guys in town caye mart upstairs and downstairs comfortable condo golf cart property management grocery store palapa bar and grill within walking distance sandy toes spent two weeks san padro
Selected filters
Reviewed March 4, 2009

We did our own research before deceiding on Paradise Villas. We enjoyed our stay, found the room clean and well cared for. The closeness of the grocery stores was convenient. We found the one on the same side of the street as the big hardware store to be the cheapest. We enjoyed our dives with Ecologic Divers, and on research chose Amigos Del Mar for our Blue Hole Dive trip. In the future we would stay with Paradise Villas on future trips.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank barry730
Reviewed March 2, 2009

My husband and I stayed at The Tradewinds,We enjoyed the fact that it was close to down town.
We usually walked the beach to Estelles for breakfast.So unique with the sand floors!
My husband did some great fishing, The pool area was perfect for swimming and reading.
The flowers surrounding the pool were so very beautiful,and it was nice and peaceful.
We really enjoyed eating at the local restaurants.
Even though it was a little rainy it was still warm. There was a fruit stand conviently located, just accross from the villas.
We purchased our fruit and fresh squeezed orange juice there. My husband walked the beach in the mornings to the bakery for hot cinamon rolls. ..yum! Great location for walking to so many wonderful places.
A new deli is coming soon accross the street!
Emanuel did a great job making our stay perfect.. A very relaxing vacation!

Date of stay: January 2009
Reviewed February 18, 2009

I was a bit nervous with the reviews about the the noise and such, this is not the case, at least the time we were there Feb 10-15. The Condo was clean and quiet for the most part .One little incident with a drunk knocking on our back door the last night we were there, but we alerted security and all was fine. Great restaurants, my favorites were
The Reef, Elvi's,Caramba ,Blue water grill and Hidden Treasure. (need a cab but worth it)
Snorkel Trips : Searious- To Hol Chan and Shark Ray alley,16 people on one skiff was a little much and I felt a bit rushed (like on a cruise ship)
Reef Adventures: right in front of the condo was great, went to Mexico Rocks and Tres Cocos, There were 6 people and we saw a lot more
All in All it was a great vacation except for the canoe trip at Duplooys but thats another story. PS Thanks for all the info from Nadine and this website it really helped
PSSS I will try to add some photos George A

1  Thank Georgeangel
Reviewed February 11, 2009

Quaint, comfortable villas. Nothing fancy.If you are looking for fancy hotels, restaurants and shopping Ambergris Caye, San Pedro and Belize are not for you. This is a laid back island for eating, drinking, fishing, snorkling and diving.If you wear something nicer than shorts, tee shirts and flip flops, you're over dressed.
I was there with my brother in law for the music and the fishing. We loved it.
The service from the office manager and housekeeping was excellent. The rooms were fine for a tropical environment. Everything worked properly.The villa's location is probably the best on the island. It's a short walk to most of the best restaurants on the island. Be sure and try Mango's. If you catch fish, they will happily cook it for you.
There was only one thing we didn't like. You are asked not to flush toilet paper but put it in the trash can. We found this particularly gross. However, this would not keep me from returning to Paradise Villa's over and over again. I intend to make San Pedro a annual destination.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 7, 2009

My husband and I made our first trip to Belize on our honeymoon last month and the Paradise Villas was our third hotel (we stayed on the mainland first and then at a resort further north on Ambergris Caye), as we wanted to stay in the town of San Pedro for a few nights. The location is *great* and we were treated extremely well by Manuel who was very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed during our stay. We had a beach-front condo, and it was so nice to see the ocean every day from our "porch". The property grounds are very beautiful and well-kept, and we enjoyed the swimming pool area as well. The inside accommodations were average; a bit older and run-down in certain areas but it had no impact on our favorable impression on the property and was a great value for the price. We would certainly stay there again and recommend it to a friend!

Date of stay: January 2009