My husband and I just returned from a wonderful, week long vacation at the Tides Beach Resort. It is a simple, clean hotel that really understands scuba divers and fishermen. Megan, Carolina, Joe and all of the staff made us feel like family. We stayed in the "Blue Hole" room and loved the view. The hotel is located in a great spot on the island; not in the middle of town, but close to good places to eat and shop. If you dive or fish, go to Patojo's Scuba Center at the end of the pier out front. Don't worry if you cannot make reservations to dive over his website as you can do it there, no problem. Patojo and Alex are excellent dive masters and made our dives very comfortable. See Patojo if you want to fish as he is well connected and will set you up with a good outfit at a great price. We had a hotel-wide potluck and fish BBQ one night that was lots of fun, where we grilled the fish we caught that day. We plan on returning ASAP for another great vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the town San Pedro, on the island of Ambergris Caye, you will find our beachfront resort with unobstructed reef views. Enjoy snorkeling, diving, fishing, along with free wi-fi all walking distance to downtown.Ocean Tide Beach Resort is Different from Other Belize Vacation Resorts: * Ocean Tides is a property offering an outdoor pool and is located in the beautiful beaches of San Pedro. * We serve breakfast and lunch poolside from the beachside Bar / Lounge, The Lazy Pelican. * Free Wi-Fi access is available in this property. * These functional rooms offer air conditioning, cable TV, coffee maker, and a small fridge. The bathrooms feature a bath and a shower. These rooms overlook the great barrier reef. * Other facilities offered include a tour desk and a laundry. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including snorkeling. * San Pedro Airport can be reached in a 5-minute golf cart drive. The property offers free parking and is located right on Boca del Rio Beach.* Every room has an ocean view: Whether you stay in our charming 2nd floor Beachfront suites or the 3rd floor Reefview suites, you'll treasure the views from your windows. * We're small enough to offer you the best: You'll get individual attention, and won't be over crowded. Our resort is modern and charming. We make people feel like long missed family. * We have our own dive shop, snorkel/fishing guide and massage therapist: We're give you all that a Belize vacation has to offer: mysterious Mayan ruins, world class fishing, spa treatments, boating, jungle exploring, snorkeling, some of the best scuba in the world and plain old beach bumming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Ocean Tide Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tides Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Tides Beach Resort
- Ocean Tide Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro