We always try to stay at The Tides whenever we stay in San Pedro for several reasons: it's a Belizean family owned and run hotel by native San Pedroans; it's classic colonial timber construction; and it's right on the beach with fantastic views and a dive shop to boot.
Plus, it's just on the edge of town, so far enough away to be really quiet yet close enough to walk to all of the action. Sabrina, Patojo and the girls (and boy) are always fantastic and like family to my wife and me after visiting there for well over 10 years now. And for $75 US dollars a night you will not get anything as good as this in that price range and certainly not right on the beach, nor with any of the charm.
For similar properties nearby that are not as good, in my opinion, you would need to add $100 to that price, so really you can't go wrong. Thanks again guys for another great stay and we'll be back in September to celebrate my 50th!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the town San Pedro, on the island of Ambergris Caye, you will find our beachfront resort with unobstructed reef views. Enjoy snorkeling, diving, fishing, along with free wi-fi all walking distance to downtown.Ocean Tide Beach Resort is Different from Other Belize Vacation Resorts: * Ocean Tides is a property offering an outdoor pool and is located in the beautiful beaches of San Pedro. * We serve breakfast and lunch poolside from the beachside Bar / Lounge, The Lazy Pelican. * Free Wi-Fi access is available in this property. * These functional rooms offer air conditioning, cable TV, coffee maker, and a small fridge. The bathrooms feature a bath and a shower. These rooms overlook the great barrier reef. * Other facilities offered include a tour desk and a laundry. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including snorkeling. * San Pedro Airport can be reached in a 5-minute golf cart drive. The property offers free parking and is located right on Boca del Rio Beach.* Every room has an ocean view: Whether you stay in our charming 2nd floor Beachfront suites or the 3rd floor Reefview suites, you'll treasure the views from your windows. * We're small enough to offer you the best: You'll get individual attention, and won't be over crowded. Our resort is modern and charming. We make people feel like long missed family. * We have our own dive shop, snorkel/fishing guide and massage therapist: We're give you all that a Belize vacation has to offer: mysterious Mayan ruins, world class fishing, spa treatments, boating, jungle exploring, snorkeling, some of the best scuba in the world and plain old beach bumming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your Ocean Tide Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tides Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Tides Beach Resort
- Ocean Tide Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro