As others have pointed out - this is not a 5 star resort. It is a perfectly nice place stay with fantastic people. Patojo and Sabrina, the owners, are really nice caring people. As far as the one highly negative review - ignore it. Even if one has been on boats all their life, getting through the barrier reef is a skill learned only by boating through it. I have never been treated so well by a Dive Master as I have been by Patojo. He doesn't do 'cattle boats' and even took just four of us out the first day to do a check out dive. After the dive he gave good feedback and told me a few things I could do to improve my experience.
Even if you do not dive, it is a nice place. It is right on the beach and they have a nice fresh water pool. The Tides is in walking distance of bars, grocery stores, restaurants. My AC worked as did the TV although I did not use either too much as I was rarely in the room.
I personally am NOT the resort type. I have stayed in them before but, to be honest, I would rather talk to the local people than be waited on by them. Go to the Tides and enjoy the view!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the town San Pedro, on the island of Ambergris Caye, you will find our beachfront resort with unobstructed reef views. Enjoy snorkeling, diving, fishing, along with free wi-fi all walking distance to downtown.Ocean Tide Beach Resort is Different from Other Belize Vacation Resorts: * Ocean Tides is a property offering an outdoor pool and is located in the beautiful beaches of San Pedro. * We serve breakfast and lunch poolside from the beachside Bar / Lounge, The Lazy Pelican. * Free Wi-Fi access is available in this property. * These functional rooms offer air conditioning, cable TV, coffee maker, and a small fridge. The bathrooms feature a bath and a shower. These rooms overlook the great barrier reef. * Other facilities offered include a tour desk and a laundry. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including snorkeling. * San Pedro Airport can be reached in a 5-minute golf cart drive. The property offers free parking and is located right on Boca del Rio Beach.* Every room has an ocean view: Whether you stay in our charming 2nd floor Beachfront suites or the 3rd floor Reefview suites, you'll treasure the views from your windows. * We're small enough to offer you the best: You'll get individual attention, and won't be over crowded. Our resort is modern and charming. We make people feel like long missed family. * We have our own dive shop, snorkel/fishing guide and massage therapist: We're give you all that a Belize vacation has to offer: mysterious Mayan ruins, world class fishing, spa treatments, boating, jungle exploring, snorkeling, some of the best scuba in the world and plain old beach bumming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your Ocean Tide Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tides Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Tides Beach Resort
- Ocean Tide Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro