We arrived on a Sunday in San Pedro with no reservations, wandering the beach like homeless people with luggage. That was our bad, not knowing that everything shuts down early (like, SUPER early) in the afternoon. Thankfully, the family that owns the Tides were out having a dinner around their back deck/pool area.
They were so gracious to take us in without reservations. The rooms were clean. The beds were comfortable. I felt safe at all times, and it was easy to find. Close to everything we needed. And the price during low season could NOT be beat.
The only problem, though, when we settled up at the end, is that their credit card machine was down. And they don't accept PayPal, which didn't surprise me. Wish I had known this beforehand, I had not prepared to pay for our stay in cash, but we had enough on hand between everyone to make it happen. Was VERY relieved their rate was low enough that this wasn't a serious problem, because they are listed as accepting credit cards.
They also own the dock across the "beach", which was great for sightseeing and meeting locals. We swam with needlefish and were scared out of the water by giant rays, later to find out these are local stingray "pets" that have been de-barbed and harmless.
Was greatful that they were able to take us in, our saviors!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the town San Pedro, on the island of Ambergris Caye, you will find our beachfront resort with unobstructed reef views. Enjoy snorkeling, diving, fishing, along with free wi-fi all walking distance to downtown.Ocean Tide Beach Resort is Different from Other Belize Vacation Resorts: * Ocean Tides is a property offering an outdoor pool and is located in the beautiful beaches of San Pedro. * We serve breakfast and lunch poolside from the beachside Bar / Lounge, The Lazy Pelican. * Free Wi-Fi access is available in this property. * These functional rooms offer air conditioning, cable TV, coffee maker, and a small fridge. The bathrooms feature a bath and a shower. These rooms overlook the great barrier reef. * Other facilities offered include a tour desk and a laundry. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including snorkeling. * San Pedro Airport can be reached in a 5-minute golf cart drive. The property offers free parking and is located right on Boca del Rio Beach.* Every room has an ocean view: Whether you stay in our charming 2nd floor Beachfront suites or the 3rd floor Reefview suites, you'll treasure the views from your windows. * We're small enough to offer you the best: You'll get individual attention, and won't be over crowded. Our resort is modern and charming. We make people feel like long missed family. * We have our own dive shop, snorkel/fishing guide and massage therapist: We're give you all that a Belize vacation has to offer: mysterious Mayan ruins, world class fishing, spa treatments, boating, jungle exploring, snorkeling, some of the best scuba in the world and plain old beach bumming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Tide Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tides Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Tides Beach Resort
- Ocean Tide Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro