We were booked here for 4 nights and left after 1 night. We were in the room on the ground floor next to the patio.
SUMMARY: OVERPRICED for what you get. Does not support relaxing - fine if you are here to party until the wee hours of the night, but avoid at all costs if you are here on a diving trip or with family (or some other reason you value your sleep).
1. LOUD. Close to bars - there was bass shaking our walls until 2am (Thursday night/Friday morning) and then drunk people yelling at 5am from the beach to the 2nd floor patio. Then a few older men were on the 1st floor patio at 5:30am to see the sunrise; they were speaking at a normal (if not quiet) voice, but it was as if they were right next to us (thin walls).
2. STINGY. There were 2 bath towels (poor quality) and they would not give us more towels on request for the beach.
3. LOCATION. Not suitable for relaxation - there were people outside trying to sell handmade goods until late in the evening, which was uncomfortable because they were about 30 feet from our door.
4. LIMITED OFFICE HOURS. If you need any help outside of 8am-6pm, you're on your own. By the way, the hours listed are 8am-6:30pm (which is still insufficient).
1. Good service. We moved rooms twice - first to avoid what we expected to be a noisy night. Second, to move back to our original room because the other room didn't have wifi.
2. Free wifi - but poor quality. Fine for browsing the internet, but not sufficient for Skype.
3. View. Our room had a great view of the beach, which was maybe 100 feet away.
- Also Known As:
- Rubys Hotel San Pedro
- Ruby's Hotel Belize/San Pedro