“An Ok Hotel”

Coconuts Caribbean Resort
Ranked #49 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed October 20, 2009

The hotel was quite far down from the main strip of hotels towards the far end.

The rooms were fairly average, the beds reasonably comfortable. The shower was pretty much in the room behind a shower curtain and the toilet was separate. It did have air con, a fridge and microwave in the room.

The pool wasn't the best if alittle unclean. The bar was ok for a quick drink before heading out. There was an attempt at some entertainment one evening but nothing to write home about.

We took the boat over to San Pedro and the plane back, definitely recommend the plane which takes 15mins as an alternative to the long boat crossing of 1 hour on rough sea.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Coconuts Caribbean Resort

Reviewed September 2, 2009

I booked this hotel because I got a great deal on airfare and wanted to keep the cost low. It is one of the worst hotels I think I have stayed in as far as comfort but the staff was nice, the room was clean. I had hot water...with pressure though the toilet had issues flushing. What is it about foreign countries and toilets? Our standard room came with a fridge and microwave, a smallish TV with cable, and great AC. If the beds and sheets were good, this would have been great. Saturday night the bar crowd was loud until about 5am making sleep difficult. Sunday was much quieter, at night anyway.

I was able to get the free WIFI in my room only if I was in the bed closest to the wall of the office which was great for me. I could use my Iphone and keep up with happenings at home without the expensive phone calls.

The pool was cloudy, I wouldn't get in there. The spa tub was closed.

Ate in the restaurant a couple of times. They have fetuccini without pasta, could not figure that out. Just got shrimp with cream sauce on it with french fries on the side. Strange. The food was good but it was not great.

I did venture South on the island and saw a crocodile one evening which was cool. I went way south to Ras Safari and had a great time meeting some locals.

Many of the recommended restaurants were closed for the summer which was disappointing but I did try Sunset Grill on Black Coral which is new and it was great. Their chef just won the Taste of Belize competition.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ljmzta
Reviewed August 30, 2009

Spent 5 nites, checked out a day early. The restaurant & bar was ok. We had no hot water in room, warm water would have been ok. But it was cold.. We had no internet access. We had no phone. Had to walk to internet cafe everyday. The pool water was dirty. Rooms were kept clean except for Wednesday, maids day off. Two locals told me the hotel was not being kept up.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Clayjo62
Reviewed August 9, 2009

I stayed here for 4 days in February and would never stay again. Standard rooms were in need of upgrade with old sheets and bedding. The bands playing loud music each night seemed to attract regulars only with other hotel guests going elsewhere. The standard of the music was fairly low. Pool was used by owners children or grandchildren who appeared to be living in one of the hotel rooms. I paid for 4 nights in advance and would have moved elsewhere if I had been offered a refund however owners were unconcerned that I did not like their hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank GilJackieG
Reviewed August 7, 2009

Afte not having an actual vacation in more than 10 years, My wife and I decided it was time for us to splurge & have a dream pardise vacation. After much reseach, we decided to go to San Pedro, Belize.
First mistake ! one of our bags was stolen at the airport in San Pedro by our taxi driver,
Then after dealing with the polic, who didn't seem interested in our problem, instead the interrogated us to the point of a full fledged search of us, children included. What did they hope to find?
Once at Coconuts the staff eeed as if we were inconviencing them and would not even help with our luggage. After an hour of waiting, the desk clerk said that the roms that w had rserved 3 months in advance were not vacant and the only rooms they had available were $80 more per night. Because we were sio tired e agreed, but asked to seethe manager in the morning. After toting our luggage up 3 flights of stairs, we just wanted to rest but the God awful live music they had just kept going. That was until about 11 pm, when a full scale bar fight errupted ,complete with glass breaking and all. I locked the door and at about 5am, I figured it would be okay, so my son and I went to take pictures of a beach sunrise, and whie we were sitting on the beach a girl that was obviusly on drugs, ofered my son and drugs or sex or whatever we may have wanted. UGH
Anyways, The owner refused to give any sort of compensation, or appology, which considering the country was no all that surprising. We ended up going to Cozumel and had th time of our life.

I think next time we'll try Panama

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank ReMgmtOhio
Reviewed July 26, 2009

After staying at Coconuts a few times, I decided to plan a weekend staff trip. The Coconuts management and staff were great from beginning to end. My staff absolutely loved it! Coconuts hooked us up with a great package and it was worth every penny. The rooms were clean, airy and comfortable. The Wi-Fi was more than sufficient to keep an eye on things back at the office and the hotel staff were the best! Shane, Lennox, Jeniva, Krystal and Marge were awesome! We had a blast and we plan to be back with even more co-workers soon.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed May 22, 2009

Stayed at Coconuts first part of February 2009 for a week, got married on the beach there. Managers were pleasant but not outgoing. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Letty in kitchen is awesome as are the bartenders. Had the Sunrise suite, many problems with room but the view was great. Over priced even at the "discount" we were given.
Returned a week ago and having a great time. NEW MANAGEMENT very friendly and concerned for our comfort, made and are making many improvements with rooms. Letty still awesome, Margie, Crystal and Bernie at the bar are great. Office staff friendly. Staying in different room with no issues. Still night time music, Cuban group puts on nice show and offers dance lessons. Jet ski rentals available too.
Right on the beach, close to many things but not right in the middle of everything. Had some evening tropical storms a few nights ago, they were great. Aside from the wedding during my first trip this one is better. Much more relaxed and quiet. Having a great time and wish all of my friends could be here with me.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family