“Great location, super friendly owners” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Changes In Latitudes Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 21 San Pedro B&B and Inns
San Pedro, Belize
“Great location, super friendly owners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2006

My friend and I just got back and San Pedro is so much fun...CIL is the perfect place to stay. Cindy and Renita are fantastic, they know everything about the island and almost everyone there. There is a chalk board in the kitchen that posts all the daily activities so you don't miss a thing. The inn is perfectly located so that town and some of the bars and restaurants farther south are just 5-7 minutes away walking down the beach. Breakfast is delish, fruit everyday and always something different...huevos rancheros, blueberry waffles, great french toast...a new dish every morning. If you don't like something, they will adjust without you even mentioning it. The rooms are just the right size, the AC is powerful (much needed in August), the courtyard is darling, tons of towels...we couldn't have asked for more.

I have to admit that I am a beach person and I was a bit worried when we first arrived...there is not a typical Carribbean beach in Ambergris Caye. But the pool next door is beautiful and the pier is just perfect to lay on (pictures of both attached). There are stairs right down to the water for swimming. And the bartenders at Belize Yacht Club could not be more friendly. Loved it there...didn't want to leave. In fact...we wanted to change our flights to extend our trip a few days and Renita was so helpful...calling our airline to try to help us out. Alas...too expensive. I would go back there in a second.

Stayed July 2006
4 Thank Apple123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Long Beach, C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2006

My new wife and I just spent the most amazing time at Changes. The two innkeepers, Cindy and Renita, just went out of their way to ensure our constant enjoyment! They even had a bottle of wine in the room for our honeymoon; no other hotel did that for us when we slipped in that it was our honeymoon. Anyway, here are some of the many great reasons to stay here:

* They sent us emails asking and suggesting what kind of tours and activities we would like to do. Not only that, but they suggested how/when we should do them so as to fit as many activities as possible into our stay.

* They know the island. The innkeepers tell you about all the attractions not mentioned in your tour books as well as which company to do tours with (remember to go snorkeling with Alfonse). They also know all the great restaurants. Plus, if you're worn out from the day, don't be surprised if they offer to chauffeur you in their personal golf cart to your eatery. Or, rent their bikes and pedal along the beach.

* They have a great voucher system. They'll give you a voucher for each tour you do so that when you go snorkeling, parasailing, etc, you don't have to bring your wallet. It all just shows up on your final bill, which should help with credit card fees.

* The rooms are so perfect: the hot water works great, the AC and fans will make other tourists jealous, you get your own private bath, and the beds are very comfortable. Just note that these rooms are small, yet very functional and romantic, and are geared toward couples. I wouldn't recommend this as the best family stay unless you put the kids in another room (they do have a room with 2 twin beds).

* The food is delicious. They never serve the same thing twice and always provide plenty of great fruit, juice, and coffee. Meals will either be something cultural or really good homestyle favorites (I still remember the french toast).

* Finally, Cindy and Renita love their job and will do anything in their power to make your stay a stress free vacation. They really made our trip memorable.

I can't recommend this place enough, and I hope my wife and I can go back soon.

• Liked — The innkeepers, Cindy and Renita.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Tell Cindy and Renita the activities you want to do and they'll take care of the rest if you want them to.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
2 Thank RyanAndLiz
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2006

Changes in Lattitude was my final destination after spending time in western Belize. After a week stay in a "cottage" (I use this term loosely) in San Ignacio, Cindy and Renita's B&B was a dream come true. A combination of a great location, wonderful accommodations, and two fabulous hostess' made for a perfect time.

Stayed July 2006
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2006

My sister and I just returned from spending eight nights at Changes in Latitudes in San Pedro. Our stay here exceeded our expectations. Our room and the grounds were well cared-for, clean and homey. Changes in Latitudes is a bed and breakfast and the breakfast each morning was delicious. Cindy and Renita, the inn-keepers, are absolutely wonderful. We would recommend this place to anyone travelling to Belize.

Changes in Latitude is a little bit south of San Pedro. We really enjoyed the location because it was away from all the noise but an easy walk (about 10 minutes) into town. CIL is also right next to Belize Yacht Club, which you have access to if you are a CIL guest. We were able to use the pool and fitness center of the Yacht Club for no extra charge.

Cindy and Renita really went above and beyond to make sure we had a wonderful trip. They gave us great recommendations on places to eat, things to do and tours. The tours they set up for us were all fantastic and the tour guides they use were very professional. They are great people whom we truly enjoyed getting to know.

A great thing about CIL is that they will book tours for you and add the cost on to your bill. This is a nice feature because it saves you the hassle of having to find and set up a tour, and you don't have to pay an extra surcharge every time your credit card is swiped. (In Belize they add a charge on just for swiping your card.) You can also purchase bottled water, beer and soft drinks from the inn and they will just add it on to your bill at the end.

We had an absolutely amazing stay here. We loved the place and Cindy and Renita are great. The price is excellent for everything you get as well. Stay at Changes in Latitude - it was awesome!

• Stayed July 2006
      Location
      Check in / front desk
3 Thank FunkyChicken
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2006

My aunt found this place to take me for my 14th birthday and I loved it. Cindy and Renita are great! they make you feel right at home! The breakfasts are great and they set up all of your day trips for you. My favorite trip was the manatee and snorkeling trip. they recommended great restaurants. We especially liked Elvi's kitchen just up the beach. Next time we're coming back with my mom and sister!

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2006

Changes in Latitudes is a wonderful hidden treasure in San Pedro! Just a block from the water and an easy stroll to beaches and the town, it's an ideal location with what has to be the best service on the island. Cindy and Renita are superb hosts - they made all of our activity arrangements for us, offered up all kinds of recommendations that turned out to be fantastic each time, served up delicious hot breakfasts each morning, and went way above and beyond to help me celebrate my birthday while I was there. Everything felt very homey - from the comfy rooms to the story-swapping in the kitchen to the hammocks in the secluded courtyard. Oh, and their snorkel guide Alfonse is pretty much a magician at getting people to overcome lifelong fears of sharks in a matter of minutes!

-Sara

• Stayed June 2006
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank storyville
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2006

My wife and I were interested in Changes in Latitude because it had received some good reviews and was reasonably priced. We emailed them with some general questions and they quickly responded back with great suggestions. We liked them so much over email, we stopped exploring other options. We were not disappointed! Cindy and Renita (proprietors) were great. They had tons of helpful tips, were able to recommend and set up all of our activities and really ran a tight ship. We were pleased with our room and the yummy breakfast every morning. The location can't be beat: Far enough away from town but a quick walk along the beach to town. Awesome. The rooms are not huge but we spent very little time there; too much else to do! We would stay there again in a heart beat!

• Stayed May 2006