“A truely great stay!”

Changes In Latitudes Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 21 San Pedro B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 14, 2006

Changes in Lattitude was my final destination after spending time in western Belize. After a week stay in a "cottage" (I use this term loosely) in San Ignacio, Cindy and Renita's B&B was a dream come true. A combination of a great location, wonderful accommodations, and two fabulous hostess' made for a perfect time.

Stayed: July 2006
There are newer reviews for Changes In Latitudes Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed July 22, 2006

My sister and I just returned from spending eight nights at Changes in Latitudes in San Pedro. Our stay here exceeded our expectations. Our room and the grounds were well cared-for, clean and homey. Changes in Latitudes is a bed and breakfast and the breakfast each morning was delicious. Cindy and Renita, the inn-keepers, are absolutely wonderful. We would recommend this place to anyone travelling to Belize.

Changes in Latitude is a little bit south of San Pedro. We really enjoyed the location because it was away from all the noise but an easy walk (about 10 minutes) into town. CIL is also right next to Belize Yacht Club, which you have access to if you are a CIL guest. We were able to use the pool and fitness center of the Yacht Club for no extra charge.

Cindy and Renita really went above and beyond to make sure we had a wonderful trip. They gave us great recommendations on places to eat, things to do and tours. The tours they set up for us were all fantastic and the tour guides they use were very professional. They are great people whom we truly enjoyed getting to know.

A great thing about CIL is that they will book tours for you and add the cost on to your bill. This is a nice feature because it saves you the hassle of having to find and set up a tour, and you don't have to pay an extra surcharge every time your credit card is swiped. (In Belize they add a charge on just for swiping your card.) You can also purchase bottled water, beer and soft drinks from the inn and they will just add it on to your bill at the end.

We had an absolutely amazing stay here. We loved the place and Cindy and Renita are great. The price is excellent for everything you get as well. Stay at Changes in Latitude - it was awesome!

• Stayed: July 2006
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank FunkyChicken
A TripAdvisor Member
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed July 10, 2006

My aunt found this place to take me for my 14th birthday and I loved it. Cindy and Renita are great! they make you feel right at home! The breakfasts are great and they set up all of your day trips for you. My favorite trip was the manatee and snorkeling trip. they recommended great restaurants. We especially liked Elvi's kitchen just up the beach. Next time we're coming back with my mom and sister!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 26, 2006

Changes in Latitudes is a wonderful hidden treasure in San Pedro! Just a block from the water and an easy stroll to beaches and the town, it's an ideal location with what has to be the best service on the island. Cindy and Renita are superb hosts - they made all of our activity arrangements for us, offered up all kinds of recommendations that turned out to be fantastic each time, served up delicious hot breakfasts each morning, and went way above and beyond to help me celebrate my birthday while I was there. Everything felt very homey - from the comfy rooms to the story-swapping in the kitchen to the hammocks in the secluded courtyard. Oh, and their snorkel guide Alfonse is pretty much a magician at getting people to overcome lifelong fears of sharks in a matter of minutes!

-Sara

3  Thank storyville
Reviewed June 24, 2006

My wife and I were interested in Changes in Latitude because it had received some good reviews and was reasonably priced. We emailed them with some general questions and they quickly responded back with great suggestions. We liked them so much over email, we stopped exploring other options. We were not disappointed! Cindy and Renita (proprietors) were great. They had tons of helpful tips, were able to recommend and set up all of our activities and really ran a tight ship. We were pleased with our room and the yummy breakfast every morning. The location can't be beat: Far enough away from town but a quick walk along the beach to town. Awesome. The rooms are not huge but we spent very little time there; too much else to do! We would stay there again in a heart beat!

• Stayed: May 2006
6  Thank Jason K
Reviewed June 6, 2006

I wanted to extend my gratitude to Cindy and Renita for being such wonderful hosts to my step-father, Harry. My son and I were year long residents on the island, and from the day I first saw this place I knew it would be great for him, but they both made it perfect. They included my son and I for breakfast, and I so appreciate their attention to my entire family during his stay. We all felt quite welcome.
We will most certainly return to the island as visitors, and when we do, we will stay at Changes in Latitudes. As anyone who has been there knows, this place gets into one’s soul.
-Elizabeth & PJ

4  Thank Belizabeth
A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, TX
Reviewed April 18, 2006

I had a fabulous time with CIL! The personal
touches on the place, and particularly the Innkeeper's personable and immensely helpful
advice on the island's activities made our trip quite pleasurable.

Thanks again for a fabulous vacation!

Eli