“Best Stay to Getaway from Daily Stresses”

Changes In Latitudes Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 21 San Pedro B&B and Inns
indiana
“Best Stay to Getaway from Daily Stresses”
Reviewed February 11, 2010

The atmosphere , along with Inkeepers Cindy and Renita. made this one of the best trips ever.... Quiet , serene , convenient to everything. I didnt even have to go to the Blue Hole, I played it right at the Bed and Breakfast!.... Speaking of Breakfast. Wonderful food! Every morning, Coffee and breakfast enjoyed at the outside dining area! Renita even said i could come to breafast in my Pajamas if i wanted! Gotta Love that! I will definitely stay longer next trip! 10 days of peace and quite! Wanta get away from it all! Changes n Latitude is the place to stay! Thanks to Renita and Cindy for the special treatment!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Indianapolis
Reviewed February 10, 2010

My trip to Changes in Latitudes was a fantastic experience! It is a perfect place to get away from the stresses of everyday life and unwind. The service was impeccable and the owners were very attentive to my needs and wants. There are lots of activities available to choose from and if you want to stick closer to your hotel they have a "blue hole" game that is very similar to the game we know and love as corn hole. The biggest advantage of playing blue hole is that it is warm and sunny with a nice breeze blowing in off the ocean. Can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 31, 2010

This place was perfect for us. The rooms are basic and clean, easy walk to town, an inviting courtyard that encouraged great conversation over a Beliken beer or rum punch. Breakfasts were surprisingly good - chocolate waffles, homemade cinammon french toast, all hearty enough to get you through dinner time. The best asset by far is the owners, Reneta and Cindi. They are truly part of the communuty, made great recommendations for day trips, places to eat, where to shop. If you really want to find out about this area of Belize, meet other local residents, feel ike you are really part of the place, you aren't going to find a better place to be. I know it sounds cliched, but it really did feel like we made new friends there.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Ventura, CA
Reviewed January 21, 2010

Changes in Latitudes is a jewel on the island of Ambergris Caye. Located just a short walk from the louder downtown area, I was happy to be away from some of the giolf cart and taxi traffic of the town center but close enough to walk into town in just 10 minutes along the beach.

I was made very comfortable and the owners go out of their way to ensure that any needs are met. I think the most valuable part of my stay there is the true experience of the staff. Knowing the best tours, guides, restaurants and activities is a big help and the one on one attention made me feel as if I had my very own concierge. On an island so oriented towards tourists, the staff at Changes in Latitudes really helped me to get the feel of the island, the culture and it's charm, outside of the more cookie cutter, tourist trap resort. They take the time to post events and excursions that are happening each day on the board in the kitchen along with a library of books and folders with information on just about anything you might want to do. Their good reputation was obvious as I visited the many spots that they had recommended I visit. I also enjoyed meeting other guests for breakfast in the morning prepared by one of the owners who surely has skills in the kitchen. I met several other groups, couples and solo travelers and shared experiences and reviews each morning. My hosts made it easy to connect with others by making introductions and generally using great people skills.

Accomodations were so special, each room having it's own feel and decorated with flavors of the island. The relaxing patio area offers hammocks to lounge in, and I read several books during my two week stay, as well as an island themed bean bag game "blue hole", a source of lots of fun and laughter. Very clean and comfortable, I was right at home at Changes in Latitudes and would love to go back. I couldn't imagine what more I could want in a home away from home.

There is a reason they have books filled with messages and cards from former guests, and it is obvious that Changes in Latitudes has made wonderful memories for many travelers all over the world that come to visit this island of Belize..

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed January 4, 2010

We went to Ambergris Caye as part of a group of 20 people, who split up and stayed all over the southern part of the island. Changes in Latitude had the best location of any of the spots by far. It's a comfortable walking distance to town and there is a huge grocery store and other shops just down the street. Cindy and Renita, who own Changes in Latitudes, were great hostesses - super helpful and friendly and Renita makes a killer breakfast. The rooms are not large, which is why I assume they don't let more than two people stay per room. The B&B as a whole has a comfortable, relaxing vibe and you could easily just lay out in the hammock or play corn hole there all day. One day we did!!! It's a good deal for the price.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Enola, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 14, 2009

Good complementary breakfast- especially loved the french toast
Bikes available for free use
1 block from the ocean and pick-up watertaxi peer
No pool- use of one down the beach available which can be crowded
Small rooms with no T.V.
Horrible bed in room we had-#5- no box spring, just a board
Owner not overly-friendly

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LillyMifflinburg_PA
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 8, 2009

Overall we were pleased with our decision to stay at Changes in Latitudes, but felt they were slightly short of a 5 rating.

The location is decent. The dive shops in the main part of town were all able to pick us up at the nearby dock. It was probably a 10 minute walk to most of the restaurants. In the room that we stayed, I was kept up for a while because of the noisy street traffic (we noticed some islanders like to blare reggae in their cars while driving which makes the noise that much worse).

The staff is friendly and appear to be very knowledgeable of activities on the island-- we booked activities through the Internet before we came but they did help us with restaurant recommendations and logistics. The set-up of Changes seems to encourage conversation/interaction among the guests and we were very pleased with the common areas.

The rooms were on the small side, especially the bathroom. I'd say the size was comparable to most private rooms in hostels and slightly smaller than the European hotels that I've visited.

The breakfasts that they served were delicious and the price was very reasonable compared to some of the other small hotels on the island.

What we liked best:
* Very friendly staff
* Fantastic breakfast
* Good community feel with fellow guests

What we liked least:
* The Internet was not working when we were there. Renita only gave us the wifi password when we asked about it but we later found out from another guest that you have to manually set up a proxy or configure the DNS. In their defense, they don't advertise the wifi on their website.
* We found the shower to be weak and the bed to be slightly uncomfortable. It wasn't exactly the ideal place to get a little R&R after a full day of diving.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple