“We have found our home away from home!”

Changes In Latitudes Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 21 San Pedro B&B and Inns
Greenwood, IN
“We have found our home away from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Changes in Latitudes for our honeymoon! Neither one of us have stayed at a Bed & Breakfast before and this was like nothing we have ever experienced -in the most awesome way!

First off, when we arrived at Changes we had fresh flowers all in our room along with champagne and bride & groom champagne glasses. The innkeepers at Changes put our luggage in our room and made us feel right at home immediately. The wonderful staff kept our room clean along with fresh sheets everyday and were so helpful with anything we needed!! It is hard to explain the atmosphere of this place until you are really there and can experience it for yourself!! You really feel like you are in a different world that you never want to leave! They hooked us up with the most amazing things to do there on the island and took care of all the details for us, we didn't have to worry about a thing. We meet some really wonderful people during our stay that were also guests at Changes and we fully intend to keep in contact with them and meet back with them at Changes for our next vacation.

Cindy & Renita were so helpful and personable and made you feel like part of their family... They were patient and answered all our questions and always took the time to make sure our stay was the best it could be. We are normally not breakfast people but we really enjoyed having breakfast there, the food was delicious!! We also enjoyed meeting and visiting all the other guests and locals during our time at breakfast.

Like I said, we have never stayed at a Bed & Breakfast before so we were unsure of how our stay would be. We couldn't have been happier with our choice in staying at Changes. We have now found our home away from home!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2009

You definitely feel more than welcomed at this quaint, convenient, yet simple B&B. Cindy and Renita know how to make you relax (no t.v. and no telephones) and forget the hustle/bustle. The excellent breakfast is of a local flair and the fresh fruit makes you want to throw out all of your refrigerated fruit when you return home.

Cindy and Renita, job well done for keeping it simple and friendly! Thank you for the great time! Land the plane, Renita, land the plane!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2009

Ever wanted to go on vacation and feel like you’re an integral part of the culture? We'll that's what staying at Changes in Latitudes B&B is like. Cindy and Renita are more than just inn keepers; they're your lifeline to the heartbeat of San Pedro. They arranged several tours and fishing trips for us. They make sure that the tour providers they select live up to their standards, 5 stars! With courtyard barbecues, you get the opportunity to mingle with other guests, as well as native Belizians. And if you're into seclusion during your stay, that can be arranged as well. Oh and how could I forget to mention the breakfasts! Be sure to stay while they serve the best French toast you've ever tasted, using local cinnamon bread! Yummy! Overall, we highly recommend staying at Changes in Latitudes B&B.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
cannes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2009

My brother and I went to San Pedro to look for a potential house .
As we wanted to be close to the town of San Pedro to enjoy the facilities and the night life, we chose the Inn for its location, prices and convenience .
We had a fantastic stay as the place exceeded our expectations.
The rooms are small but comfortable and with all expected amenities.
The place is cosy , the hosts charming and ready to advise and help you organize all your trips in Belize.
The breakfast is plentiful and the lack of restaurant allows you to sample the close-by restaurants of San Pedro.
Availability of free Internet a plus
We really enjoyed the location and the family athmosphere of the place.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank hervren
seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2009

After reading all of the reviews and hearing first hand accounts from friends, I was really excited to stay at Changes in Latitudes, unfortunately it was the worst of our stays in Belize. I'm giving it three stars instead of two based off the fact that the inns owners were called away for a family emergency during our stay, so perhaps things would of been different if they were at the location...maybe even four star?

The Pros: We were credited for part of our stay due to the lack of breakfast and also had our return cab paid for, which was very kind. The grounds are lovely and I really liked the attention to detail with many binders full of lists of things to do and menus for places to eat. Kitchen access is nice when you want to make a quick snack or keep your beer cold. The location is very close to the beach and not far from downtown San Pedro and access to the Yacht Club pool was a good perk.

The Cons: The owners did arrange for an employee to look after the place, Fernando, who was very nice, however, completely absent. We were misguided by the board in the kitchen with the list of things happening that day....After the second day we realized it had not been updated in about a week or so. Nobody to book tours with (we just booked Hol Chan on our own) There was nobody to ask questions of when we had a hard time getting hot water in our room (two cold showers later we found the housekeeper who let us know the valves were mislabled), nobody to let us out to the pier... you get the drift. We were pretty much on our own, without contact numbers or anything. The other couple staying there was having some major issues with that as well. I imagine this would of been different if the owners were there.

The rooms were tiny, which I was expecting, and for the most part.. clean, aside from some strange dime to nickle sized blood spots on the sheets and another big spot on one of the pillow cases, which was the first thing I noticed when pulling back the covers. The sheets were never changed (whenever I got into bed I fell asleep looking at the same blood spots). The A/C didn't do much beside make the air wetter.. never any colder... (and I'm not an A/C snob... this was just ridiculous) So we "slept" 3 nights on sweat drenched sheets in the hot little room with a loud noisy street out front feeling the grit from sand that had embedded the sheets. I would not suggest staying here if you have any hopes of 'romantic time'. The price was good for Ambergris, however I would of gladly paid an extra $100 a night for a good nights sleep and a working air conditioner.

And on a side note, if you do stay here, don't shop at the grocery store up the block - were were massively over charged. "Gringo pricing" is what someone told us. Instead get your Fanta and Belikin at the little store across the street. The guy is very nice and never gave us gringo prices.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rhibird
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2009

My new wife and I spent our honeymoon in Belize and we chose Changes based very much on this websites reviews. Cindy and Renita were incredible hosts and our arrival was so great! We arrived to a room decorated with ribbons and flowers along with a small bottle of champagne to celebrate our new marriage. We had breakfast every morning there and loved all of it. The tours recommended by them were all great. Lil' Alfonse was the best snorkeling guide we could have gotten as we got to see some others out on the water that weren't half as good. We will definitely go back at some point over the next few years and we will of course go back to Changes! Thank you Cindy and Renita for a great Honeymoon!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2009

My husband and I just got home yesterday from our week stay at Changes in Latitudes. If I hadn't gotten home so late last night, I would have written my review immediately, as I was so pleased with our first trip to San Pedro, and with Changes in Latitudes. We will be telling everyone we know to head down there and stay at CIL! I cannot possibly say how highly wonderful it was staying at Cindy and Renita's B&B without rambling on and on, but I will try to hit the highlights. First of all, every positive review you may have read about the breakfasts that they provide is spot-on. Fresh fruit, mango juice, and coffee are the staples each day, and the main portion of the meal was always something delicious. My husband loved the French toast the best, and so did I. The lemon poppyseed pancakes would be a close second. Next, we found our room(Room 2) to be just perfect for our needs. I have seen some reviews that say the rooms are small, and that there is noise from the street that can be heard. Now, maybe because we live in a small two bedroom apartment on a busy street in our town, we just didn't have any issues with these things, but I honestly felt that the rooms were a good size for the amount of time actually spent in them, and the noise from the street was almost nonexistent, and certainly not intrusive when it could be heard.. Stacy kept the rooms neat as a pin for us, and even organized all of our belongings each day she cleaned, she is a total sweetheart. I have to mention Fernando now....what a great guy! He works at the B&B, and was most helpful to us throughout our stay, as well as just being a fun person to hang out with and talk to. Thanks for the tamales, Fernando!
When we arrived at the B&B initially, we were a few hours early, but Cindy checked us right in, and offered us a Belikin beer before we had even gotten our room key. Now that is service! She organized the two day trips we took, and both were excellent, the pick up each morning was conveniently located at the Belize Yacht Club dock next door. The B&B is less than 100 feet from the beach and the pool at the Yacht Club, both of which we visited often. From the minute I e-mailed Cindy back in January to inquire about staying at CIL, she was available to answer any questions I had, to arrange our flights to San Pedro from Belize City, and to provide us with a wealth of information about what to do and bring while there. Her help, and Renita's, was invaluable to us.
Overall, the entire experience in San Pedro was excellent, and that is due in large part to the outstanding service and accomodations that we had at Changes in Latitudes. We are planning to return to Ambergris Caye for our next vacation, and we most definitely will be staying with Cindy and Renita again. Also, a special thank you to Tammi, Jeannie, and Rebecca for all they did for us while we were there...thanks y'all!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple