“Great Stay - Excellent Hosts”

Changes In Latitudes Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 21 San Pedro B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I really enjoyed my 3 day stay. Terri was great!! Very knowledgeable on the area. Great suggestions on what to do, what to see, and where to eat. Made me feel at home even though I was not.

Before I arrived, prompt replies to my emails. Good location to walk to downtown from. Bikes are handy for exploring. Don't forget to walk the beach. Enjoyed my breakfasts outdoors.

One last thing special thanks to Terri for arranging my pole fishing trip and guides. It was not an activity I had planned but very much enjoyed it and my resulting supper. Kudos to Evan and Junior!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ConradB
Peggy R, Owner at Changes In Latitudes Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

It was a great having you here ! We always welcome additions to our growing family.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We went to Ambergris Caye and stayed at CIL for a couple of nights. My boyfriend and I were extremely happy with our stay here. The food is delicious! Peggy, Terry and Esther were awesome hosts! Terry is full of recommendations. She even gave us some tips for Caye Caulker since that was our next stop after AC. We borrowed the bikes to explore the town. We biked around closer to the lagoon and there are lots of places to eat for very cheap. Go where the locals go - we were never disappointed and our bellies were always full. We used the golf cart on the premise to explore the island outside of the town. Definitely worth it to rent a golf cart! Go to Robin's outdoor restaurant for amazing bbq chicken. It is not too far of a drive south from CIL. My boyfriend ordered 2 plates. Go to the Palapa Bar. I wish we had time to try out the tubes, but ...next time! There was some construction during the day, but we were out for the most part and it never bothered us. The rooms are on the smaller side, but if you are not the type to stay on site the whole day then it shouldn't be a problem. The fridges also act as your safe. I personally never felt like I needed to worry about safety or anything during our stay there. It is very close to the beach and there are outdoor lockers to store fishing gear/snorkel/dive gear. We did the ACES tour and we were extremely lucky to be able to go out that night on a tour last minute. My boyfriend helped release a 7 ft croc that was rescued earlier in the day. Terry had recommended the tour and felt very lucky to experience this. Definitely one of the highlights of the trip! She also recommended Alfonso tours for Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley. Again we were very happy with the tours and I got to hold the sharks. Terry even gave us hugs when we left! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Jen thanks for that glowing review. We know when guests are enjoying their stay but love it when you share with those who haven't experienced it yet!! Thanks for coming we loved having you.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Teri the owner's able assistant makes your stay on the Caye a memorable one. Try biking to the north. The b n b has several you can use. The beach is less than 200 yards away. Ask Teri for recommendations on restaurants. All are within walking distance of the b n b.

Room Tip: ask for a large room
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Peggy R, Owner at Changes In Latitudes Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us - it was a pleasure having you and your wife here at Changes in Latitudes Bed & Breakfast Inn.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was a great place to stay! Peggy, Terry and Esther took great care of me while I stayed there. I traveled solo and was feeling a little homesick, but they welcomed me in and made me feel like I was part of the family.

The rooms are fresh and clean, and seem to have been updated recently. The location is great....not in downtown San Pedro, but close enough to walk (10-15 minutes) to town. I was able to use their golf cart a few times to get into town more quickly.

One of the best things about this place is Terry. She is so knowledgeable about Ambergris Caye and San Pedro. She is a walking "trip advisor" herself and was extremely helpful at pointing me in the direction of good restaurants, bars, or things to see off the beaten path.

Great experience!! Thanks!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Peggy R, Owner at Changes In Latitudes Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

It was so fun having you here with us! We hope you had fun on all of our adventures; from a great dinner to the expedition we had hunting for crocodiles with ACES. Thank you again for choosing our Bed and Breakfast - we can't wait to have you stay with us again!

The Changes in Latitudes Team

Reviewed October 24, 2013

nice and comfortable place. just a few steps from the beach, not in a noisy place. The host Esther an Terry were amazing. they really care about you, and they make feel like you are in home. The included breakfast are amazing, you may skip the lunch because of the ammount and variety

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EduardoMarenco
Peggy R, Manager at Changes In Latitudes Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Eduardo again thank you so much for choosing Changes in Latitudes - it was our pleasure to have you here. See you next year! Cuidate mucho.

Terri and Esther

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Staying at Changes in Latitudes was an amazing experience for our first time in Belize. We were greeted by Terri who was so helpful and full of information. She was so kind and provided us with a pre-paid cell phone for our stay incase we needed anything. She arranged our scuba dives for us with a local dive company that was perfect and had a golf cart and bikes readily available for our use. This B&B was unique with the yard having lovely seating and eating spaces outside along with hammocks hung above the sand. The room was very comfortable and the AC was a blessing. The fridge was stocked with beer and water, we appreciated this as we came in late! The breakfast was incredible!! Fresh coffee, juice, fruit and amazing cooking/baking. It was located 1 minute walking from the beach, 2 mins to the grocery store and 5 minutes from all restaurants and dive shops. We would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jennarguin22
Peggy R, Owner at Changes In Latitudes Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Jenn it was great having you both here with us at Changes in Latitudes. Thank you so much for the new friendship and see you on your next trip. Hope you had fun in Caye Caulker with more diving!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The rooms are small but clean and cute. A/C worked awesomely. They give you a cell phone with contact numbers of the staff and the taxi service programmed in case you need it, which I thought was a really nice touch. The staff also makes this place - Terri and Esther (I didn't have the chance to meet Peg) were so friendly and accommodating. The breakfasts were tasty and generously portioned. Terri had planned a mojito party for all the guests as well.

I definitely recommend emailing them directly to check for better deals on their rooms. They are quick to respond. Changes in Latitude is also about 10 minutes walking distance from the center of town, which we didn't mind but that might factor in for others. However, you could walk straight to the water from the hotel. I kind of wish they would give the option of paying in cash instead of with the credit card you reserved the room with, but it wasn't that big of a deal. They also want to know the approximate time you're planning to arrive on the first night, presumably because the office closes at night and they want someone there to greet you.

I accidentally left my cell phone in my room and realized it when I was already on the bus to Orange Walk. I called Terri and she offered to ship it by next-day air to an airport where I could easily pick it up. I almost felt lucky to have lost it at Changes in Latitude because I didn't feel like many of the other hotels I stayed at would have done that for me because of the inconvenience. Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Peggy R, Owner at Changes In Latitudes Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

We are so happy to hear that all went well with the returning the phone - we know how important that can be for people so what better plan than to get phone all the way to Chetumal instead of Orange Walk? Glad it all worked out! Also, we wanted to let you know that in the future, you should feel free to use whatever form of payment you prefer - we do accept cash and credit card, all you need to do is let us know and we are more than happy to accommodate. Thank you so much for the wonderful review - it was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to your next visit to Belize and Changes in Latitudes!