“Top notch Staff, the place to go for a non-populated vacation”
Review of Capricorn Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Capricorn Resort
Ranked #46 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed January 25, 2011

The staff at this hotel were amazing... accomadating every request and giving out a lot of extra info on the area that would have been left untouched by others. There are only 3 little cabana's so the majority of the people are patrons enjoying a meal at their top notch restauraunt.
The rooms are simple, no tv's, good sized shower. Its not a fancy new place with tons of amenities in the room, it is a simple place to lay your head at night. My only reservation about the place was that our room could not be locked, which initially threw me a little off guard when I asked about it. But after a day there I got used to it and the staff was always there a few feet from the room.
As for internet they also had wi-fi but it was difficult to reach in the rooms occasionally and was not high speed, but it was good enough to check emails and conduct short business.
Simply if you are looking for a quite getaway with great staff and not many people around, this is definitely it. The views are incredible, hammocks on the dock, awesome staff.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 13, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Capricorn for our anniversary this year and this place could not have been any better. For starters, the Capricorn only has three cabanas which is to our preference. We have never cared for the large all inclusive resorts. It's just not our thing. The Capricorn was perfect from the minute we arrived. Their driver was at the airport to transport us to the water taxi. And once we arrived at the dock by water taxi you were just amazed with this little resort. The Capricorn also has one the top rated restaurants on the island. You absolutely cannot leave the island without having the stuffed grouper from the Capricorn. The Capricorn has a small bar but don't be fooled by it's size. We had some of the best rum punch from this place as any that we had on the entire island.
Many thanks to the Capricorn and their staff. We had a fantastic stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff H
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Our little cabana was perfect~Perfect view, staff were helpful, food was great!

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I absolutely adored Capricorn and everyone who works there! I took a trip with three girlfriends, and I am so glad that Capricorn was recommended to us! We arrived in San Pedro with no reservations, And Kit the owner was happy to take us in! We loved the food so much! The fresh fruit and special recipes were to die for! We also didn't have to worry or stress for a minute about planning adventures in Belize, we just told kit what we wanted to do (He also gave us some awesome recommendations!) and a boat was there to pick us up with no stress. We fell in love with the staff who were so friendly and answered all of our questions about their beautiful country. Capricorn is a slice of tropical heaven.. and we will defiantly be back for some chocolate rum cake and a cocktail! We miss you Clive (bartender)!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2010

My wife and I just came back from a wonderful stay at the Capricorn. The location was perfect. Only a 5 minute boat ride to town but very peaceful and private. The cabanas on the beach were wonderful. Very comfortable beds and a wonderful ocean view. Kit and his staff are 5 star in every way. Kit is the owner of the resort but he actually picked us up when we arrived. he gave us a little tour of town. The staff at Capricorn has all worked there for many years and really know how to take care of there guests. Thank you all so much and we already booked our stay with you again in Christmas. I almost forgot to mention the restaurant. 5 star!!! We ate tthere several times and went to others that were highly rated. None of them came close to the food, atmosphere, and sevice. Capricorn really puts all 3 together.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I had a wonderful stay at Capricorn Resort. The room was absolutely gorgeous. It was very private and romantic. I loved how it was right on the beach and you could hear the waves crashing at night. Everything about Capricorn was perfect! The food at the restaurant was very tasty. The service was also impeccable. Kit, the owner, and his staff are extremely friendly and very helpful. For example, my husband encountered some health issues on our trip, but everyone at Capricorn went out of their way to help him out. If you're looking for a quiet and peaceful place to relax, this is it. I highly recommend coming here.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I would not recommend staying here. I “paid” $185 USD a night during high season but you have to realize that once they add tax and service charge, it is really $220 USD a night. I can find nicer places for less money in NYC. The cabins are somewhat in disrepair, but my biggest complaint is the bathroom. It’s dingy, worn out, one of those old, metal semi-functional showerheads. They use ‘desalinated’ water – I’d never used it before but it’s far from desalinated and gives off a fairly strong odor. You can’t clean anything with it because of the salt residue. Anyway, I can’t see paying 185/220 USD a night for that miserable a bathroom situation. Toilet does flush but you have to hold the handle down for a while until it finishes. The view out the back windows (and you have to open the windows as the small ac units don’t really cut it) is of a trench about 20 yards behind the cabins that is being filled with waste. It’s not all that private, even though it’s advertised as such, because you are right on the bike path toward town and the restaurant is sitting in your front yard. Given the disrepair, the abysmal bathroom/shower situation, and the not-as –private-as-it’s-cracked-up-to-be, I can’t recommend anyone stay there for the price. I met people from the Belizean Shores Resort, which is nearby (and asking only 139-159 USD before taxes and fees), and they appeared to have the kind of room quality you would expect at the more expensive end of things. They also have a pool – and the people running their restaurant even invited us to use their pool – which you are not getting at Capricorn. Capricorn does transport you from the airport but a very generous estimate of that cost would be 40 USD, which spread over a 4 night stay (breakfast not included unlike what Frommers says), still cannot justify this price. I stayed at 4 other places during my two weeks in Belize and this is the only one that I feel negatively about. The staff person who greeted us was very friendly when we arrived. There are others who are more gruff. The restaurant is good but not great, and when you see things priced in US rather than Belizean dollars your gut instinct, which turns out to be correct, is that you’re paying too much for what you are getting. They are quick to point out, when you pay your hotel bill, that no gratuity has been added for the meals in their restaurant (although a whopper has been added for other service charges). Given what I'd paid for everything else, I didn't feel like leaving much more of a tip despite the glare from the office person. We went for breakfast one day at the Belizean Shores and were treated with far more courtesy even though we weren't even staying there. I cannot figure on how this place was rated a 'find' by Frommers unless you knocked about 70 or 80 USD off of the price per night that I was paying.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple