“Overpriced, Stinky Water, Uncomfortable Beds”
Review of Capricorn Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Capricorn Resort
Ranked #46 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Pacifica, California
“Overpriced, Stinky Water, Uncomfortable Beds”
Reviewed July 7, 2005

I actually WANTED to stay at Capricorn after reading about their place. I was looking for a secluded location where I could still access town, and where I could relax. Unfortunately, this was not the case at Capricorn "Resort." The only positive about this place was the staff. This place (in the off season) would be fair if it cost around $75 a night. However, my rate was more like $155 (same as Victoria House, without the pool, clean water, comfortable bed, exceptional service, beautiful grounds, proximity to San Pedro - no water taxi required, must I continue?). When I was there, the sulfur smell from the faucet and shower was so horrendous that I wanted to vomit. I'm sorry, this place NEEDS to invest in an R.O. system if they want to charge Victoria House prices. I feel sorry for people who end up at this place, it's a real shame to have to spend your vacation at a place where you can't brush your teeth in peace (the smell!!! AND the water is SALTWATER coming out of the tap). My boyfriend and I were actually contemplating NOT taking a shower for a week because we didn't want to get in the Capricorn shower based on the smell. I braved it one time and had to burn INCENSE to kill the smell - which didn't really work (I had to shave!). Anyway, we approached the owner after one full day and explained our situation. Although she told me in person that she would refund my money, she has only refunded HALF, and now I have to file a claim with my credit card company - what a drag. I never ate at the restaurant, I'm sure it's good. Many people come from FAR away (i.e. San Pedro) to eat there. Maybe Capricorn should either stick with what they do best, OR lower their rates. It really seems like there is no other fair way to do business. I genuinely feel that the place was misrepresented in its advertising, and I would certainly steer anyone away from this place based on the price (and the water).

• Stayed July 2005
13 Thank marse33

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)