“A Small Resort Experience”
Review of Capricorn Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Capricorn Resort
Ranked #45 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Seattle, Washington
“A Small Resort Experience”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

My kindergarten friends and I chose the Capricorn Resort to celebrate turning 65. We liked the idea of the Capricorn because we would have all 3 cabanas to ourselves - it would be very intimate.
First the best things about it:
Great people working there - especially Clive, Jose, and Deserae. The owner Kit was very helpful and responsive to all our questions. We also had a local tour guide working for the Capricorn named Adam that took us out on several snorkeling and fishing excursions. He was very funny and a great guide. There is a fabulous restaurant connected to this resort and we ate there often. People come from all up and down the beach to eat dinner there. The cabanas were what I would call shabby chic - comfortable beds, right on the beach, clean, and quiet even with the restaurant close by. The weather was very warm and there is always a good breeze that keeps you cool.
Now the cons:
You can't swim in the sea right off the beach - too much sea grass and the bottom is a sticky clay. But there is a resort just steps down from the beach called the Captain Morgan that has 3 lovely pools that you can use. You can also swim when going out to the reef by kayak or by boat to snorkel. The water was warm and comfortable. The bathrooms had a smell of sulphur from the toilet water - they depend upon rain water for much of their resources. The shower didn't have much pressure but the water did not smell and it made your skin and hair feel soft.
All in all we had a great relaxing time and it was pretty inexpensive.

Room Tip: The 3 cabanas have 3 different bed arrangements - one is a king, one is a queen, and one has twin be...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Scobey, MT
Reviewed February 23, 2012

nice place, the staff were excellant, helpul, courteous, prompt, The food was very good. the facility in general was very good. We did have a problem with the sulfur stink from the toilet. It was explained to us that sea water was used to flush the toilets. We kept the toilet lid closed, burned a candle we got from Kit, and kept the bathroom door closed, and it was livable. The private snorkeling tour with adam was great. Our pickup and delivery to airport was on time and appreciated.

Boston, New York, United States
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I just came back form Belize and Capricorn. I was ready to do a post for them when I just read the last write up and was shocked!! We stayed right next door to these miserable people. I saw the staff bending over backwards to satisfy these people to no success. These are the type of people that should just stay in there miserable home and never come out, and especially travel. I think there goal is to ruin everyone's day. My husband and I tried to have some conversation with this couple but after 2 minutes of talking we could'nt run fast enough. Capricorn is a wonderful resort. The rooms are not granite or marble. They are beach cottages with lots of charm. They are exactly what we thought they would be and better. The staff is amazing!! And the food is out of this world. I highly reccommend the spa with Vanessa. She is wonderful!! Also there private tour company with tours just for my husband and I were wonderful. We really don't like going on tours with a bunch of other people so it was great. I would definately stay at Capricorn again!!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 14, 2012

It amazes me that the other reviews I read here are all "five star". There must be two resorts at the same location with the same name, or somebody is cooking the books. Very over priced (although that was the least of my concerns when I stayed there.) My cabin was a dingy, the bathroom was smelly, lighting was inadequate. The furnishings were "garage sale" junk. The tile job and dry-wall work were amateur, and the décor was as depressing. My off-campus college dorm above a garage was more attractive and comfortable.

The lounge chairs outside were a mess. Nobody would think to cover them, or otherwise keep them clean. The thatch umbrellas had long since developed gaping holes, and the paint on the front porch was ten years overdue.

We visited the apartment that some friends had rented down the beach. It cost far less, and was far more spacious, with a small kitchen, a real outside porch, modern furnishings, etc. It looked like it had been professionally designed and constructed. Ours was like a slum.

I still cannot reconcile my opinion of the accommodations with the “five star” reviews, other than to say that my appraisal is honest, not unexaggerated, and current (2/14/12).

Room Tip: If you doubt my evaluation, ask the person renting the apartment to take a photo of the inside of th...
4 Thank Ray M
new york
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Capricorn is a nice and beatiful place to enjoy with the entire family while on vacation. The surrounding is very peaceful and beautiful, the locals around are very friendly, including the staff and the cabanas were very comfortable. After a day of fun filled activities, you can enjoy a nice meal at their restaurant.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
california
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Capricorn is a great place to relax and enjoy your vacation, we stayed there for a week and had the most peaceful and quiet time, the rooms are in excellent conditions and the staff is like family. Nice beach in front and one of the best restaurants we've been to on the island!

1 Thank Dayna S
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Everything about the Capricorn Resort was wonderful. From the moment we arrived at the airport to our last boat ride in to town. Capricorn is located outside of the hustle and bustle of the town of San Pedro which was exactly what we were looking for. There are two quaint cabanas to rent on the beach for a very reasonable price. We stayed at the King cabana for 10 nights and it was heaven. Staying on site provided us with dinner reservations every night at the amazing restaurant...by far one of the best places to eat on the entire island! We got to know the staff and resident guard dogs very well, which only enhanced our enjoyment. We enjoyed a few days of diving beauiful reefs, but would not recommend the blue hole! We also spent a day touring the mainland (zoo, zip linning & cave tubing). Thank you for making our honeymoon an amazing experience and one to cherish for always...we hope to be back on a future anniversary!

Room Tip: Both cabanas are fabulous...it was great having the King room with direct access and view to the bea...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple