“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #37 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Playa Panama, Costa Rica
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We had a great time at Banana Beach Resort. The staff took great care of us. The room was clean and huge! Restaurant had great food. It was also nice having a dive shop on site. We were able to recertify while we were there! Very cool!! Good price too!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Czech first
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I went to this hotel for my honeymoon, I stayed in a regular pool view room. It was nothing fancy but very quite and clean. The resturant was amazing, breakfast was the best !!! Pool was very nice. Downside, hotel is very far walking distance from the center of island, so expect to get taxis to and from. You cannot swim infront of hotel due to sea grass. If your trying to get away to peace and quite try this hotel. I've been to San Pedro 7x and I stay at all sorts of hotels. This one I do recommend .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

this hotel is great if your just starting out in life and you haven't made the six figures yet.

Bring your own snacks and water if you can (dollar tree or 99© store) and at night walk or ride a bike to the food spots where the local people eat.

Have a great time the water is right there!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank JEDIFOOL
Hamilton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed at the Banana Beach Resort for seven days this summer, and was not impressed overall. The hotel is not in a great location, at least a 20 minute walk from town, and the nearest restaurants were about 10 minutes walk away. If you want to cab it would be fine but walking 20 minutes every time you want to go to a store or to a bank was a pain. The beach is essentially a sandbox with a few chairs to lie on, and the water is filled with floating dead sea grass and garbage, would never swim in it. The rooms were okay, beds somewhat uncomfortable. I found the staff in the hotel were friendly however in the restaurant they were quite rude. Several times at breakfast I would say 'excuse me' to get a waiters attention so that I could order and they would walk straight past with no acknowledgement, and there was no doubt that they could hear me. It seemed like they were bothered by the fact that they actually had to do something. Also, other people staying at the hotel always got served almost right away and their food came before mine even when I ordered first, which I believe is because I am a teenager and they were not. When the food did come it was sub par and had small portions. The pools are small and unkept, with dead bugs, leaves and various debris floating around. We actually asked for a pool net to clean it because it was so bad. Therefore overall I was not impressed with this hotel, and would stay elsewhere if I were to go back to San Pedro.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank footloosefamily10
Tullahoma, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

A group of six of us stayed here in July,2013 for 10 days. We had a four bedroom suite. It was very nice, plenty of room and a very clean place. Everyone was so nice there and so helpful. Jeff, the night security guard was awesome! The resteraunt at the hotel was great! The food was delicious. We ait there every morning for breakfast and had a few lunches there too. The views are beautiful and the beach and grounds are clean. The location is very convenient. I can not wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank SjenkinsC
Tullahoma, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

A group of six of us stayed here in July. We had a four bedroom suite. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and nice. The night guard, Jeff, was awesome. The location is very convenient. The breakfast is very nice as well. The beach is clean and a great view. I will return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Belize City, Belize
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I went to stay at this hotel for Easter, which was in March. The room I stayed in was quit comfortable and they have two nice pools. However, the service at the front desk and the service in the restaurant was terrible. Never in my life of going to hotels, have I ever been treated in such a matter. The servers in the restaurant move to slow and act like you are begging them to serve them, that's their duties, other guest walked in after me and got served before, I am not sure if it's because I am not white, or Hispanic they were ignoring me, but that's the feeling I got. And the service at the front desk is terrible. They are not helpful and did not assist me in catching a cab to go catch the boat to go back to Belize City, I had to walk to the street corner and catch my own cab, and when I was checking in, they did not take my bags to my room for me, I had to take them up the stairs by myself.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms by the pool front, you are closer to the pool and all activities.