We stayed one night at the Banana Beach between checking out of the Grand Caribe (sister resort - 5 stars!) and our international flight. Luckily our stay was short. The hotel seemed very old, with out of date furnishing, and dated vibe. The room was clean, though the TV was tiny and the kitchen appliance looked to be older than I am. The door had only a door nob lock - no deadbolt or safety locks, not the mark of a good hotel. However, the staff was friendly and the hotel suited our needs for one night. Also, the free breakfast was a nice bonus.
Side note - the attached restaurant, El Divino, was very expensive and only okay. BUT! we were lucky enough to be staying on two for one martini Monday - an excellant deal for a great martini menu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The friendliest resort sitting on the powdery sand of Mar de Tumbo Beach just south of San Pedro Town on the Ambergris Caye of Belize, Banana Beach Resort has been a haven of fun, adventure, and relaxation for more than 10 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Travelocity so you can book your Banana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Banana Beach San Pedro
- Banana Beach Belize
- Banana Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro