We got a room here through a package that included some dive trips, and the room price came out to be quite low, around $70 a night, during a week preceding the holiday rush.
For that, I thought it was a very good deal. The room was your basic hotel pad -- TV, large bed that was actually two twins pushed together (you can ask for an extra bed too), small balcony, small table and chairs, bathroom. A lot of the rooms in the place have more amenties -- for instance many include a kitchenette - but we were going budget so this is what we got.
Banana Beach is in a terrific location. You're just a short walk from some of the fancier places like Victoria House or Ramon's, and you're right on the beach. It's also not far from the town of San Pedro. So there's plenty of nice restaurants and beachfront thatch-roof bars a short walk away. Banana Beach's restaurant wasn't bad - had a continental breakfast there a couple of times and also sampled the ceviche. Happy hour drink specials are good too - particularly the Pina Colada.
Overall, like I said, this isn't super lux. But for someone who wants a comfy place to stay in a great location with all Ambergis Caye has to offer, this will do the trick without breaking the bank.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The friendliest resort sitting on the powdery sand of Mar de Tumbo Beach just south of San Pedro Town on the Ambergris Caye of Belize, Banana Beach Resort has been a haven of fun, adventure, and relaxation for more than 10 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Banana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Banana Beach San Pedro
- Banana Beach Belize
- Banana Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro