The staff at the Banana Beach is courteous and very helpful. The accomodations are average. Think Holiday Inn in the 80s. They have not been updated. The first rooms we had smelled like mildew. The second rooms still were OK. They were clean. We had two rooms for the stay and both showers had a very gentle mist barely rinsed our hair and by the time the water was at shoulder level, it barely rinsed off. We used water bottles with sport tops. The rooms were quiet but the beds were lumpy. The beach front has an area of sand but there is a sea wall so you can't walk out to the water from the BB beach. We went down to other resorts to go in the water. Breakfast is included. The food was good and the service was very good. To get into town, it is a 25 min. beautiful walk on the beach or you can rent a golf cart for $75 a day. We chose to walk in and take a taxi back for only $US5.00. Internet service is spotty and only available in their small business area/gift shop. We had to go down to another resort to get better internet service. We took snorkling and snuba tours through Discovery Expedition and they did an amazing job. They did our tours on San Pedro and in the Cayo District and they are marvelous!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The friendliest resort sitting on the powdery sand of Mar de Tumbo Beach just south of San Pedro Town on the Ambergris Caye of Belize, Banana Beach Resort has been a haven of fun, adventure, and relaxation for more than 10 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Banana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Banana Beach San Pedro
- Banana Beach Belize
- Banana Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro