“Outstanding Value and Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Seven Seas Resort
Ranked #37 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Orlando, Florida
“Outstanding Value and Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

Seven Seas was fantastic. We stayed in a beach front suite and the room wasn't large , but it was clean, had comfortable rustic furnishings. The staff was so friendly and accommodating to any of our requests. The room has a kitchen that is stocked with dishes, glasses, utensils, etc. Nice refrigerator, stove, microwave.
The staff was terrific - they booked our snorkeling and fishing trips which were outstanding. Terrific equipment and guides that made it so enjoyable. They helped us get a golf cart, the preferred mode of transportation. If you are looking for laid back and rustic accomodations, Seven Seas is great.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PierreFL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Polish first
dauphin island al
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

We exchanged for a week through rci. Have been a member for some 12 years now and have always been pleased with their resorts. Don't know how this one ever passed their standards. It was literally a dump! My wife and I are not hard to please, but we do expect rci to have decent hotels . The place was booked as having air conditioning. Yes, there was the tiniest a/c in the 7'x7' bedroom. The rest of the very small unit was not air conditioned and was an inferno the whole time we were there. We could not stay in the little tv area at all due to the extreme heat. The tv, by the way was a 10" set. When I asked for a tv set to put in the bedroom, where there was a spot for one, I was told that only the owners of the unit were allowed to have one there. Also the shower drain was always stopped up, the toilet never flushed properly, the shower curtain was badly mildewed, and the bedspread looked like it had never been washed. The tiny swimming pool was dirty the whole time we were there. I was told that the pump was broken. There appeared to be several families living there with small children that were always very loud until late in the the evening. San Pedro is a great place to visit, but don't ever stay at the Seven Seas Resort! It is terrible!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ccockrell
North Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2010

As an American its hard to rate a hotel out of the country because of American standards we are used to. If this was a property in the U.S. I my not rate it as high but for Belize and central America I would say it was a great value for the price of an average of $90.00 a day, with a kitchen with a great beach view in San Pedro.
Half of the 20 or so rooms are actually condos so you pretty much have the Seven seas to yourself. The kitchen is stocked enough for cooking and has a coffee maker and microwave oven. The hotel also has wifi and a large cable TV selection.
The small staff was great, nice and helpful and as good as you could ever expect for this small a property. The location is fine but I would suggest a golf cart because you can get around town easy and simple.
Now on the negative, it not one of the newer property's in Ambergris Caye. You may hear a little noise from a bar 2 doors down but that was never an issue because most property's have that in San Pedro will have the same issue. You also may be woken by a rooster because of the proximity to homes to the property.
If you require a 5 star hotel I would say San Pedro is not the place to visit nor will you find a hotel to fit that bill either. You can find property's in the $200.00-$300.00 range that are newer but will not have a better view or location. If I had paid $200.00 a night I would rate this hotel a 2.5 but I got just what I expected for $90.00 a night.
My wife and I travel for value, we would rather stay a few days longer, rent a golf cart, eat better and do a few extra activities during our stay. So if you can lower your expectations I am sure the Seven Seas will be fine for you.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank NVdesertdiver
Jackson, LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2010

This place was fantastic. I stayed in a beach front suite and the room wasn't huge, but it was clean, had very functional furnishings, and the staff was so friendly and accommodating. The room has a kitchen that was stocked with very nice dishes. The staff were all very friendly - they booked our diving, snorkeling and even a trip to a Lamanai Mayan ruins on the mainland by boat.....and got me 20% discounts on every one of them. The boat trip was fantastic. The boat picked me up at the resort's pier, 60 feet in front of my private balcony. I would definitely recommend staying at this resort. Oh, the business I was attending to went great but I almost forgot I was on business. WOW, WHAT A TRIP !!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank sassietopdog
New Orleans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2010

After reading some of the reviews we were hesitate to use this hotel. However our three children had planned the trip as a surprise for our 35th wedding anniversary and we decided to go with it. We were expecting the worst, but our experience was great. We were quite happy with the room and enjoyed cooking in the kitchenette. The view was fantastic. The hardest thing was to slow down to the pace of the island. Restaurants were within walking distance. We loved it so much, we recommended to our son and his fiancee go there for their honeymoon and use the same hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tangipahoapops
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2010

This trip to Belize, and the Seven Seas Resort, was wonderful. It is just what we needed.
The staff was great, the rooms clean, the kitchen stocked with all utencils that we needed. We were made to feel at home. Everybody that we came in contact with was very friendly, and helpful, if we needed help. We had a great time, and plan on taking another trip just as soon as possible, and we will make reservations at the Seven Seas Resort. I give the staff a thumbs up.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LouisianaFlylow
leesville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2010

After having a very long deployment my husband was able to relax and enjoy the beautiful island. The rooms were spacious and very nice. The service was excellent.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple