“Ultimate Kiteboard/Kitesurf Destination” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Bethel, Maine
“Ultimate Kiteboard/Kitesurf Destination”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Seven Seas Resort has location, location, location! Great spot just far enough out of center of town to relax and kick back but close enough to party down. Amazing location to kiteboard/kitesurf right out front of the resort. Just the right amount of boat traffic to keep it interesting when you are launching those big jumps. My wife was able to keep an eye out for me the whole time to land my kite at the end of a great session. Water is waist deep for a 100 yards out so you can easily launch off the beach. Winds are happening early morning (5:30 - 9:00) and late afternoon (5:30 - 7:30) which is perfect if you want to do things during the day and still be with family. Staff are great people with a super friendly attitude to help you out with anything you need. You need to check this place out for a great value for the price resort. The local kids are just getting exposed to kiteboarding so it will only get more popular in time.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PaulLegault

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Polish first
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

The location is great because it's not right downtown by all the bars but not way up north or south so that you need a golf cart to get to places. You are right by the ocean so you get an amazing breeze from the ocean every day. My friend and I generally enjoyed our stay at Seven Seas but the rooms definitely need some work. They are currently renovating the rooms so the rooms should look better once it's complete. The staff are all very nice and friendly. I slept on the sofa bed and because they are so old, the springs were digging into my back. We stayed for 4 nights and on our last night we heard something in the ceiling and long story cut short, we ended up moving rooms in the middle of the night (it was a raccoon in the ceiling). The owner apologized for the incident the next morning (but i was a bit offended as he initially did not believe us until we told him that his manager also heard the noises as well. And they did see the raccoon once they investigated the ceiling the next morning). He said that we could stay as long as we wanted but obviously we couldn't and didn't want to. Would have been a nice gesture for him to offer a refund for that night but none was offered. Overall, a decent place to stay, basic and good location. However don't expect much from the rooms (at least until the renovation is complete). Staff are very friendly and helpful.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank a k
Royersford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Belize is our second home since 2001, actually own a condo up the beach that has been rented out. When returning last year we needed to find a place to stay and chose Seven Seas due to the location, accommodations, and staff on-site. We were not disappointed, everything was more than expected. If you are beach combing, "immersing yourself" into the local community then this is the place for you. Within walking distance of everything we love to do - visiting Butch at the beach bar located at The Tides resort (hope you are there when we arrive Butch); groceries and local eateries on the back street - this is the way to experience the real Belize - no need to isolate oneself away from the community atmosphere and the truly wonderful beautiful people that you will encounter.:))

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Colleen D
Terrace, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Ok...So I was in shock when we first came to our hotel. No one is going to pick you up from the airport or the ferry...just so you know. We got to our hotel and it wasn't ready...no big deal. We went and had some luch we were hungry. We get into our room and what a shock...it was quite a bit smaller than posted in the photos..but we made due. The older rooms are ok...all you need on vacation is a bed anyways...we weren't paying for all the frills. We brought our kids with us and the location was perfect. This place is right on the beach and very close to town...you can walk to town in about ten minutes ..but we rented a cart for most of the time we were there. The dive/fish shop out front is where we did most of our trips though..Abner will come over and introduce himself and and let you know what they offer..he is super friendly in a non threathening way. We had absolutely no problems with our room. Like I said its nothing fancy so if you are expecting a 5 star..look somewhere else...but if you would rather spend your money on other stuff..this is the place to stay... I think we paid $800 CDN for 10 days ..somewhere around there....The pool in the back is small but you have the ocean right out front...so if you just want to cool off it is great. My son had fun playing in it. The grounds are very clean and tidy and the staff are super friendly. I would recommend this place to anyone on a budget and with children.

Room Tip: Ask room 1 or 2 for the best view and to meet the most ppl..not sure what the renovated room numbers...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank coastalstorm25
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

April is a truly spectacular time of year to travel to Belize, and the view of the reef through the breezy palm trees in front of my room was a view I'll no doubt treasure forever. My stay at the Seven Seas was everything I expected and more. Words just cannot capture this ideal, boutique-sized resort sitting directly in front of the warm, clear Caribbean. Great staff, clean room/resort/pool and amazing-views guarantee I will return to the Seven Seas as soon as I am able!

Room Tip: Let the Seven Seas staff coordinate your flight over from BZE
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cmar39
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

I spent a couple of weeks here in March 2012, and was overall very satisfied with the accomodations and location. As a single traveller the suite was more than enough for my needs, the furnishings were comfortable and pleasant, and the layout was well-planned. The beach road is right out front, with the downtown area about a 15 minute walk away. There is a very good bakery (Casa Pan Dulce) a block or so north and a left turn away from the beach.

Victor and Roberto are very helpful with any arrangements they can make, or advice they can give you. Generally, people in San Pedro are friendly and easy to approach if you lose your way or have a question about something.

Admittedly, I'm a light sleeper so there were a couple of downsides for me that others might not be troubled by. I was in one of the older (ie - not yet reconditioned) units and I found the a/c in the bedroom quite loud, so I was unable to sleep with it on. The overhead fan in the bedroom also had a persistent squeak that made use annoying during the night. Also, no fault of the hotel, there is an outdoor beach bar about 50 yards away that was usually quite noisey until around midnight. Tuesday was especially interesting as it is karaoke night - loud and ummmmm ..... boisterous until midnight. Not great if you're catching a dive boat at 5:30 or so.

Other than that, the location was excellent, and the price made the stay affordable. Most units face the beach and the rythym of daily life up and down the beach road made for many enjoyable hours of relaxing. Wet Willies - south down the beach and out on a pier by Blue Tang - features Dennis Wolfe and the Usual Suspects on Tuesday and Saturday. Best band on the island. I would certainly stay at the Seven Seas again, and I look forward to the next time I get to visit my friends at San Pedro.

Room Tip: The views from the 2nd and 3rd floor rooms are worth the climb.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank islandiver7
Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

you couldnt ask for a better place to stay every thing was in place and waiting for you when you arrived roberto went out of his way to make sure that every thing was to your liking. the 1 bdr 1 ba kitchenett was great you were steps from the water if tere was any extra things that youwould of like to do they would arrange it for you and get the best prices in town for you the cleaning girls were great to . you were close to every thing over all I highly recomend it

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends