My husband and I stayed at the Portofino May 10-16 and couldn't have been happier. We stayed in Room 2 which is on the first floor right next to the lobby/bar. We booked last minute and Rosalie took care of everything. Very easy to call/email the resort directly to book your room. Mo met us at the airport in San Pedro and escorted us to Portofino. Our room was ready when we arrived, so after a quick introduction/orientation to the resort, and a welcome drink we were shown to our room. Being right next to the lobby and bar, I was initially concerned about noise, but never had a problem at all. In fact, I think we had the best view and location. This resort is great for anyone looking to get away. It is somewhat secluded, but still only a short boat ride to town.
Rooms:There is not a bad room on the property, all have ocean front views and interesting decor. We had a small concern with the water pressure in our shower the first night, told the manager of our concern and it was fixed within 30 minutes. We were even shown other rooms available if we wanted to switch. Everyone goes out of their way to see you have everything you need.
Food: The restaurant is very good. We always left very full. Continental breakfast is included with room rates. However, there are lots of good places/street vendors in town and we loved the food at Wild Mango's, Elvie's Kitchen, and Waraguma. Food on the island is, well, island priced. We always had breakfast at the resort, then either lunch or dinner in town. Portofino has a great bar, Margaritas are the best. No mix used. Both bartenders Orvile and Raphael are great and will make anything you ask, and are great with suggestions if you don't know what you want.
San Pedro: We had a great time on a fishing/snorkeling excursion one day. Booked through the resort. If you don't own snorkel gear, just borrow some from the resort, they have great equipment. Anyone at the desk can book days out for you, good to sit back and let them arrange everything. Chicken drop on Wed. night is fun, on the beach just off of the dock. Everyone on the island was very friendly and helpful. We especially liked not being hounded to look at timeshares etc. as we have found happens alot in Mexico. Overall this was the best vacation we have experienced and plan to go back. If you are looking to stay on the island please try Portofino, you won't be dissapointed. We are hoping to be back for New Year's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Characterized by its warm and friendly hospitality, Portofino is the epitome of barefoot luxury, unpretentious and relaxing… for most; it will be an experience of a lifetime. Our small, boutique resort offers just 17 beautifully appointed rooms, ranging from charming beach cabanas to spacious suites, dotted amidst swaying palm trees, in a private setting with unmatched personal attention and the modern comforts of home. It is a haven of tranquility, where guests will enjoy the subtle sounds of the nearby waves lapping over the reef, gentle breeze, breathtaking sunrise, star studded night sky and spectacular views of the crystal waters of the Caribbean Sea. The perfect setting for a romantic getaway, intimate wedding, honeymoon, family and friends.Portofino offers leisure options to suit every taste. Relax in our fresh water outdoor swimming pool; enjoy a great book from our book collection or simply indulge yourself in a massage on the beach under our hand thatched palapa hut. Explore the underwater world with snorkel equipment or skim along the surface in our complimentary sea kayaks. Delicious meals prepared by our resort chef can be served in the privacy or your beach cabana or suite, on our private dock with a romantic setting or at the Portofino Restaurant. Sip on amazing tropical cocktails at the Green Parrot Beach Bar or perhaps a late afternoon snack from the Green Parrot Bistro. Take advantage of our DVD library and unwind in front of the flat TV screen in your room. Or, simply take in the view. In short, relax and enjoy! Reception in the main building is manned by professional and knowledgeable staff. From, activities bookings and directions to itineraries and dining reservations, our friendly and professional staff is eager to assist you. Access to PORTOFINO is by boat only, and therefore we offer a complimentary meet and greet service at San Pedro Airstrip and boat transfer to the resort, an approximately 20 minutes ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Portofino Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portofino Hotel San Pedro
- Portofino San Pedro
- Portofino Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro