Returning to Portofino after five years was a dream come true. We spent three nights of our honeymoon at the hotel lazing on the beach, reef fishing and doing the shark ray snorkle. Now we were returning on a three hotel trip to the island and we kept Portofino as our highlight. We did our 5 year anniversary vow renewals and everything and i mean everything was simply perfect. We communicated with Michaela (the Manager) ahead of our arrival and she simply assured us that everything would be taken care of, and it was! The wedding pagoda on the beach made from bamboo and whispy white curtains was adorned with eye pooping pink and white flowers, she arranged for a pastor to come from the capital Belmopan, arranged for the cake and every last detail. They surprised us with a palm frond walk down to the wedding spot for my wife to walk down and even the owners Jan and Sandra were sweet enough to remember us and to agree to be our witnesses. One of the staff agreed to take our photos and took great ones of the ceremony and then Sandra took the camera later and obviously has a complete talent. She was taking hidden shots which turned out to be amazing and for these and every last detail we will be eternally grateful. The entire staff from the welcome on the pier, the meals in the restaurant, the grace and accuracy of every last detail for the vow renewal to the million electric tealights and flower petals on our bed, nothing could be faulted. We were served dinner on the beach afterwards in the same wedding chapel with twinkling lights and it felt like we were in some movie set, everything looked so perfect and the food was off the charts. If you are in love, planning a wedding, doing a vow renewal or simply want the best you can get for your money, head down to Portofino. We certainly will not be waiting 5 more years for another visit, Michaela and team just ROCK, thanks to them we will have a day we will simply never forget. Gracias, thank you, amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Characterized by its warm and friendly hospitality, Portofino is the epitome of barefoot luxury, unpretentious and relaxing… for most; it will be an experience of a lifetime. Our small, boutique resort offers just 17 beautifully appointed rooms, ranging from charming beach cabanas to spacious suites, dotted amidst swaying palm trees, in a private setting with unmatched personal attention and the modern comforts of home. It is a haven of tranquility, where guests will enjoy the subtle sounds of the nearby waves lapping over the reef, gentle breeze, breathtaking sunrise, star studded night sky and spectacular views of the crystal waters of the Caribbean Sea. The perfect setting for a romantic getaway, intimate wedding, honeymoon, family and friends.Portofino offers leisure options to suit every taste. Relax in our fresh water outdoor swimming pool; enjoy a great book from our book collection or simply indulge yourself in a massage on the beach under our hand thatched palapa hut. Explore the underwater world with snorkel equipment or skim along the surface in our complimentary sea kayaks. Delicious meals prepared by our resort chef can be served in the privacy or your beach cabana or suite, on our private dock with a romantic setting or at the Portofino Restaurant. Sip on amazing tropical cocktails at the Green Parrot Beach Bar or perhaps a late afternoon snack from the Green Parrot Bistro. Take advantage of our DVD library and unwind in front of the flat TV screen in your room. Or, simply take in the view. In short, relax and enjoy! Reception in the main building is manned by professional and knowledgeable staff. From, activities bookings and directions to itineraries and dining reservations, our friendly and professional staff is eager to assist you. Access to PORTOFINO is by boat only, and therefore we offer a complimentary meet and greet service at San Pedro Airstrip and boat transfer to the resort, an approximately 20 minutes ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Portofino Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portofino Hotel San Pedro
- Portofino San Pedro
- Portofino Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro