My husband and I stayed for 8 days for our 1 year wedding anniversary. The resort was recommended by a friend who stayed there 6 years ago. The moment Moe picked us up, I knew we were in for a treat.we got off the boat and entered into what seemed like a hidden gem, a quaint, beautiful nook hidden behind palm trees. We were met immediately by a female staff who checked us in, brought us to our room and cut fresh soap for us!
We would see the female owner in the evening at times and she was exceptionally nice and informative. We loved how the resort was quiet and peaceful, its definitely not a party spot, which was great for us. The welcome drinks were non alcoholic, which was exciting for us since we don't drink. We were 6 miles from town which felt like we were away from any busyiness and could just relax. Exceptionally friendly was our waiters Tristan, Roy, Ivan and the bartender Rafael. And of course Moe!! They were always smiling and asking us how our day was. My husband had some negative experiences with one of the front desk staff,(the same person who checked us in) whom he felt was short with him and that she seemed put out with any questions, I did notice it at one time. I chaulk that up to people having a bad day, but it seems unnecessary...you almost dont want to ask anything! There was one day we asked for more drinking water because we were taking a walk and it was hot. We were told by a front desk staff that we couldn't have any until the cleaning ladies came by, even though we were leaving. The paperwork clearly stated we would have drinking water as needed so that didn't sit well with my husband.especially since we drank the water from the day before already. The only other negative was that the complimentary boat ride into town had been leaving at 430pm, it was changed to 5 without any notice yet the return time (6:30) remained the same. We felt that if 30min got shaved off it should'be been made up for in the pick up. We took the coastal express back one night but we had to wait until 830pm.
Any of the negatives we would have chatted with the owner about just for feedback.But we didn't see her again and honestly all the greatness outweighed any of that.
Other than that, our room was cleaned everyday....they even folded our clothes, the cleaning crew was quite friendly as well. I felt very safe an comfortable
there. Overall, the full
experience made our first time in Belize amazing and we would definitely go back to Portofino.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Characterized by its warm and friendly hospitality, Portofino is the epitome of barefoot luxury, unpretentious and relaxing… for most; it will be an experience of a lifetime. Our small, boutique resort offers just 17 beautifully appointed rooms, ranging from charming beach cabanas to spacious suites, dotted amidst swaying palm trees, in a private setting with unmatched personal attention and the modern comforts of home. It is a haven of tranquility, where guests will enjoy the subtle sounds of the nearby waves lapping over the reef, gentle breeze, breathtaking sunrise, star studded night sky and spectacular views of the crystal waters of the Caribbean Sea. The perfect setting for a romantic getaway, intimate wedding, honeymoon, family and friends.Portofino offers leisure options to suit every taste. Relax in our fresh water outdoor swimming pool; enjoy a great book from our book collection or simply indulge yourself in a massage on the beach under our hand thatched palapa hut. Explore the underwater world with snorkel equipment or skim along the surface in our complimentary sea kayaks. Delicious meals prepared by our resort chef can be served in the privacy or your beach cabana or suite, on our private dock with a romantic setting or at the Portofino Restaurant. Sip on amazing tropical cocktails at the Green Parrot Beach Bar or perhaps a late afternoon snack from the Green Parrot Bistro. Take advantage of our DVD library and unwind in front of the flat TV screen in your room. Or, simply take in the view. In short, relax and enjoy! Reception in the main building is manned by professional and knowledgeable staff. From, activities bookings and directions to itineraries and dining reservations, our friendly and professional staff is eager to assist you. Access to PORTOFINO is by boat only, and therefore we offer a complimentary meet and greet service at San Pedro Airstrip and boat transfer to the resort, an approximately 20 minutes ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Portofino Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portofino Hotel San Pedro
- Portofino San Pedro
- Portofino Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro