Blissed out!!!!!! That's all I can say. The place was just what we needed, with awesome fresh and healthy food, amazing and friendly staff, and wonderful, clean rooms. We have traveled to many places in the world, but by far this is my favorite. The people are what makes the place for us....and that's what makes Portofino so special. The employees made us feel like we were part of the family.
As for what Old Dutch is talking about, we were there during the same time, and I observed none of what he spoke about. I would venture to guess that the world is not quite as sanitized as he feels it should be. If there was trash that he saw, I imagine it was down the beach from the resort. There are areas of beach that no one cares for and trash does seem to be an issue because of how much the wind blows around the equator, but that was not what we saw anywhere on the grounds of the resort. Really it was quite the opposite, we have much respect for the owners who keep their employees busy year round instead of laying them off like some of the other resorts. The grounds keepers were busy from the first light of day until the last rays keeping the place tidy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Characterized by its warm and friendly hospitality, Portofino is the epitome of barefoot luxury, unpretentious and relaxing… for most; it will be an experience of a lifetime. Our small, boutique resort offers just 17 beautifully appointed rooms, ranging from charming beach cabanas to spacious suites, dotted amidst swaying palm trees, in a private setting with unmatched personal attention and the modern comforts of home. It is a haven of tranquility, where guests will enjoy the subtle sounds of the nearby waves lapping over the reef, gentle breeze, breathtaking sunrise, star studded night sky and spectacular views of the crystal waters of the Caribbean Sea. The perfect setting for a romantic getaway, intimate wedding, honeymoon, family and friends.Portofino offers leisure options to suit every taste. Relax in our fresh water outdoor swimming pool; enjoy a great book from our book collection or simply indulge yourself in a massage on the beach under our hand thatched palapa hut. Explore the underwater world with snorkel equipment or skim along the surface in our complimentary sea kayaks. Delicious meals prepared by our resort chef can be served in the privacy or your beach cabana or suite, on our private dock with a romantic setting or at the Portofino Restaurant. Sip on amazing tropical cocktails at the Green Parrot Beach Bar or perhaps a late afternoon snack from the Green Parrot Bistro. Take advantage of our DVD library and unwind in front of the flat TV screen in your room. Or, simply take in the view. In short, relax and enjoy! Reception in the main building is manned by professional and knowledgeable staff. From, activities bookings and directions to itineraries and dining reservations, our friendly and professional staff is eager to assist you. Access to PORTOFINO is by boat only, and therefore we offer a complimentary meet and greet service at San Pedro Airstrip and boat transfer to the resort, an approximately 20 minutes ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Portofino Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portofino Hotel San Pedro
- Portofino San Pedro
- Portofino Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro