$170
$145
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

$357
Hotels.com
$150
$135
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

Banana Beach Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$92
$88
  • Breakfast included
Caribbean Villas Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$175
$101
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

White Sands Cove Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$120
$108
$269
$239
$290
$240
All reviewsrum punchfirst floorample towelsgolf cartfrench doorsmake arrangementsblack orchidprivate poolbedroom condobumpy roadmiles south of townbeach areabelikin beerslice of paradisethe ground floorshallow waterwasher dryer
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and three kids ages 6, 8, and 10 actually just left the property yesterday. We stayed Feb 12-16 and we really had a good time. If you read the reviews about Belize, Ambergris, and this property, you won't have any unpleasant surprises. First of all, Sue and her husband Joel are the property managers and Sue is the one who keeps in contact with you and helps you to make arrangements before you even get to Belize. She was remarkably helpful and she made arrangements for our arrival, excursions, private chef, and any other things we needed. She also had great recommendations for local restaurants. The property is safe, beautiful and well maintained by a very good staff. Omar and Patrick do an excellent job taking care of the grounds and they are friendly and helpful. It's a GREAT location right on the beach with two beautiful swimming pools. There are plenty of places to relax in such a beautiful setting. The living space itself is stunning. We stayed in 1D, a 3 bedroom unit that's enough space for a family of 4 or 5 to live in for the rest of their lives. It's clean and well decorated and really a lot of bang for the buck, in my opinion. It's like if you lived in a really nice home right on the beach. The unit was stocked with plenty of towels, beach towels and other extras; big screens in every room, free wifi, everything you need. You can pay to have a cleaning person come in later and the price is good. You do have to understand that this is a vacation rental and not a hotel. If you want your bed made every morning or you want to call a front desk to have somebody to bring you a bottle of water at 2am, this isn't that kind of place. In fact, it's best to have Sue do some grocery shopping for you before you arrive so you can have whatever you want to eat or drink late at night or early in the morning. Read that last sentence again and do what I said, because you are 3.5 miles away from town. You have to travel to and from town in a golf cart on an unpaved road. Not a problem, but FYI. I thought it was a blast, especially since the weather was so great. If it rains, though, you are going to get wet. We had a lady named Marfa cook for us a couple of nights while we were there and her cooking was well worth it and the price was reasonable. Do yourself a favor and have this done. It's best to do this the first night you arrive so you don't have to go out and get something. It's just easier. You have a homecooked meal, done by a local, at a reasonable price and she cleans up as well. You will end up with leftovers in the fridge that will serve you well later. She even cooked the fish we caught! Any excursions you have arranged will pick you up at the dock which is right there in your back yard. The only negative point I can make is the fact that there was some construction going on and it would have been nice to know about that before booking. Sue and Joel were more than accommodating about that and it really wasn't a big deal. They were particulary apologetic about the construction going on in the front of the building, but why would you be looking out there anyway when you have beach and the Carribean out back to look at? Another thing to keep in mind is that this beach area, along with many beach areas in Ambergris, have sea grass, so it does not lend itself well to walking right out and getting in the water as one would classically think. At this property, there is a surf wall that separates the water from the property. I actually thought this was very attractive and not a problem at all and I sat out there every morning and watched the sun rise. There are plenty of places you can go to get in the sea if you want. The entire experience was great and when we return to Belize, I will stay at this property. Here's my final list of recommendations:
1. Rent the golf cart. You need it to get around. These are the cars of the island.
2. Do the Shark Ray Alley snorkel excursion. Amazing if you have never done this.
3. Have Marfa cook for you. It will cost just as much to eat out.
4. Bring some bug spray. I lost a pint of blood to mosquitos in Belize.
5. If you want to catch fish, go reef fishing. Deep sea is fun, but less chance to catch something
6. Eat breakfast at Estel's. It's awesome. FYI: cash only.
7. Lily's Treasure Chest. Great Food.
8. Listen to Sue. She knows what she's talking about.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the beach side of the property.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank OhioTony
Reviewed February 16, 2014

From the minute that we landed in San Pedro we knew it was exactly what we were looking for. The Hol Chan Reef Resort condo was perfect. It is new and the amenities offered are outstanding. The balcony views of the blue water and reef are breathtaking, especially the sunrise. We enjoyed several trips into the downtown area of San Pedro for meals, entertainment and shopping. Joel and Sue, the on site property managers, arranged a day of fishing with a private guide and boat that picked us up right at the pier at the condo. That evening we enjoyed the fish that we caught. They also arranged a Beach BBQ that included world class snorkeling at Mexico Rocks. This excursion included a stop at a beach for lunch of conch, lobster, shrimp and fish cooked by our guide. The weather was warm and sunny, a great escape from a cold, snowy Nebraska winter. The pool at the resort is beautiful and well maintained. This was our second trip to Hol Chan Reef Resort and we can't wait for the third!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JohnBNebr
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at Hol Chan Resort last month and it exceeded my expectations! The property managers, Sue and Joel, were so fantastic and helped me set up my excursions, which went flawlessly. I highly recommend Carlos with SUYA Tours who took me on a Beach BBQ w/snorkeling at Mexico Rocks. I also enjoyed the fun River Trip to Lamanai Mayan Ruins.

The accommodation was first rate- my ocean front room was clean and had a beautiful view. I loved spending time on the beach relaxing under the palapas or lounging around the great pools.

Sue and Joel recommended two restaurants not to miss: Robins for Jerk Chicken BBQ, and Pupuseria on Middle Street. I'm glad they did. You can trust them to lead you in the right direction; all you have to do is ask!

If you're on the fence about where to stay, look no further!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Travelrdh
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed at the Hol Chan Reef Resort with another couple and we all had a great time! I can't say enough about Sue and Joel - we had to reschedule several of our tours on the fly due to weather, but they handled everything without a hitch. The resort is beautiful, the units are large, modern, and well furnished. The view from the balcony is spectacular, especially in the early morning. There are many exciting tours and activities that you can arrange for your stay. We enjoyed the fishing and the snorkeling a lot, and had a good experience with the Lamanai tour. There are a surprising number of excellent restaurants near by, from simple local eateries (Do NOT miss the chicken at Robin's Kitchen) to modern find dining. All in all a great place and a great time!

Room Tip: Make sure you book a unit facing the water.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank KandDE
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My wife and I had the most amazing time at Hol Chan Reef resort. The accommodations were first rate and we loved the views and the pool. We also had the opportunity to do some day excursions during our visit, and the onsite managers, Sue and Joel, did a fantastic job of setting these up for us and making sure everything went without a hitch. Can’t say enough good things about this place and we will be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple