My husband and I stayed at the Blue Tang December 5-13, 2006. Our room was clean, albeit dated, the woodwork inside was beautiful. and the beds comfortable with plenty of pillows. However, our jacuzzi tub wouldn't hold water, and the location is very noisy. The Blue Tang is located at the end of the street where all the locals access the beach with their golf carts and it is the main route for workers accessing the water taxis. We were awakened by 7 a.m. each morning by voices and noise and there was traffic well into the evenings, especially on weekends. There was also an irritating small dog across the street that barked endlessly. They also advertised a private balcony which is really the walkway to your room with two chairs outside the door. The breakfast was tasty but you better get there early cause once its gone, they do not replinish the supply. Watch out if you let the hotel book your flight from Belize City to San Pedro. We were charged almost double to what some of the other hotels were charging their guests for the same 20 minute flight. Although the maids had clean towels at the ready, we almost had to beg for soap. There are no TV's in the rooms. If you want one, you can "rent" a small one for $10/day. A load of laundry will cost you $7.50. They do have a small library in the office area that offers reading material. The grounds themselves were very well groomed, the pool clean (but cold) and the office does supply beach towels. It is within walking distance of several excellent restaurants, including Calientes, Elvies, and the Blue Reef. For the price, there are several other hotels, away from the noise and traffic that would have made our vacation much more relaxing and restful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On San Pedro’s north edge, experience a private paradise at Blue Tang Inn, one of the town’s most charming beachfront inns. Fourteen exquisite suites each offer full kitchens and air conditioning. Relax by the private pool or rejoice on the third floor sundeck with inspiring panoramas of the ocean and reef. Set your own schedule for amazing daily activities such as diving & snorkeling, fishing tours, sea kayaking, numerous inland tours and omnipresent romance during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Tang Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Tang Hotel San Pedro
- Blue Tang Inn Belize/San Pedro