I could not say better things about our 4 day stay here between Xmas & New Year. The rooms are large (we stayed in #9), spotless, excellent A/C, hot shower w/ good water pressure, and fresh towels provided every day. There's a good kitchen area in each room, in case you ever feel like cooking or eating in, or just stocking the refrig. w/ Belikins for drinking on your balcony! We had large amounts of laundry that they did on our first day (we were in Miami & Belize jungle for the 5 days prior to staying here and went thru multiple changes of clothes/day)...they returned our clean clothes to us 3 hrs later and the price was $7.50 USD, which I thought was cheap! There are 2 supermarkets (one has an ATM) within 2 min. walking distance of the hotel. The grounds are spotless, and there is a great rooftop deck w/ plenty of seating and great views of the ocean & town. The location of the hotel is also perfect - on the quieter north side of town, right on the beach, and a short walk to everything. We felt safe walking on the streets/beach around the hotel late at night. Security from the various hotels patrol the beach area, and the San Pedro police dept is 2 blocks from the hotel.
For activities, everything can be arranged by the hotel. We did the Holchan/Shark Ray Alley snorkel one day and the manatee viewing/beach BBQ (incredible food provided!)/Caye Caulker snorkel/shopping in Caye Caulker. Another day, we just rented a golf cart from the hotel for 1/2 day and puttered around the town to browse galleries/stores, eat lunch at Caroline's Fine Dining (our best meal in San Pedro!). There's also an art gallery owned by a California transplant one or two doors down from Caroline's that has a good selection & very reasonable prices. The town is very small - you can walk from one end to another in 10-15 min, but there are a ton of stores/restaurants in that small area.
After the day's adventures, we'd retreat back to the hotel & drink Belikins & listen to the ocean/enjoy the breeze on our big, personal balcony with an ocean view. A couple of nights, Lunar, the hotel cat, joined me on our balcony. He'd curl up on my lap for hours while I read my book. I'm normally not a cat person, but this is one awesome cat!
Restaurants where we ate during our stay here, besides Caroline's, were Jambel Jerk Pit (great), Celi's Deli (great breakfast), Caramba (my husband enjoyed his meal, but I thought was just OK), My Secret Deli (cheap local place w/ wonderful food!), Waguruma (HUGE portions, w/ big-as-your-head burritos!), as well as some food stands on Front Street for cheap & delicious eats. Fido's has a good bar scene and a great jewelry shop & art gallery on the premises. If you visit San Pedro, don't forget to order a drink called the Panty Ripper, as well as rum punch! Then of course, there's Belikin, which is always in abundance!
Included in the price of the rooms are continental breakfast and pick-up/drop-off from the San Pedro airport. Ruben was our driver - what a sweetheart! The staff here is excellent - all of them, from front desk, to housekeeping, to groundskeepers, to security. Special thanks to Allen for booking our activities, recommending restaurants and for making everything go smoothly, and to Kristen, who was awesome with making our hotel reservations and patiently answering the many questions I had. The staff at Blue Tang were truly the friendliest people who made our stay extra-special.
At the end of our trip, I actually got choked-up b/c I'd miss the people and the place. I'd absolutely recommend the Blue Tang Inn to anyone and I know we'll be returning here soon! We would not stay anywhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On San Pedro’s north edge, experience a private paradise at Blue Tang Inn, one of the town’s most charming beachfront inns. Fourteen exquisite suites each offer full kitchens and air conditioning. Relax by the private pool or rejoice on the third floor sundeck with inspiring panoramas of the ocean and reef. Set your own schedule for amazing daily activities such as diving & snorkeling, fishing tours, sea kayaking, numerous inland tours and omnipresent romance during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Blue Tang Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Tang Hotel San Pedro
- Blue Tang Inn Belize/San Pedro