My fiance and I just got back from a wonderful trip in Belize (Ambergris Caye) and it all started at the Blue Tang even before we got to the island.
One of my fiancé's life long dreams was to take an adventurous trip to Belize and being the cautious and skeptical New Yorker that I am, tried to fight her every step of the way. See, I didn't know ANYTHING about Belize and neither did she. So this adventurous trip could have been a disaster. But she found Blue Tang Inn and was convinced that it was the place for us. Again being very wary about going to country I knew nothing about, I was seriously doubtful. I wanted safety, all inclusive, and SECURITY. So she sent me the link and it looked FANTASTIC but did it have what I was looking for. I was willing to give it a shot and step out of my "American Bubble" (little did I know the owners of Blue Tang are from Minnesota".
From the first email my fiance sent, I knew this place had a very special touch. All of our questions about room availability, how to get to Ambergris Caye, were answered within 24 hours. Kristen, an associate from the hotel, even called my fiance to answer any additional questions we had about our vacation. I mean do people really do that anymore? Well they do at Blue Tang Inn and that's what sold me. So we booked.
Now I dare you to find water bluer than you'll find in Belize and when we walked from the water taxi to the Blue Tang Inn, I knew we was in for a fantastic time.
The hotel is a three story white building right in front of the beach with suite styled rooms, equipped with kitchens. The kitchen was such a helpful factor because sometimes spending money for lunch and dinner can be a bit pricey. Blue Tang is located less than a block away from two supermarkets. Great for grabbing something cheap for lunch!
The rooms are decked out with wood lined ceilings and floors adding to the very tropical decor. Everything in the room is modern. For those looking to get away from time, news and the world than Blue Tang is just for you because there are no TVs or phones and it got better for us.
After our first night, Alan (one of the friendliest people on the planet) told us that we got a complimentary upgrade to the honeymoon suite and all I have to say is SWEET! That room is so amazing being on the third floor literally just feet from the steps to the sun deck where the view is THE BEST on the Island. Loads of sunset pics from up there.
The service was 5 STAR! Alan and Fanny were so helpful and were great stewards for all the people of Belize. They literally took anything that I thought would be hard and dreadful, and made it easy and delightful. Need reservations for a dinner during Easter weekend, DONE. A trip snorkeling and cave tubing, heres a voucher and some snorkeling equipment (on site in the office). They just made everything great and AMAZING.
The cleaning staff is second to none. Some of the hardest working people I've ever met. Someone was always sweeping to keep the sand from sneaking into your room, the pool is pristine and they're always smiling welcoming you with a "good morning" or "hello".
Also, the continental breakfast is a great meal to start the day. Fresh island fruit awaits you with either pancakes, waffles or local Belize cuisine (meat pies or fried jacks - super tasty).
So I leave you with this, if you're looking to go to Belize and are looking for that security with a personal touch, come to Blue Tang Inn. You WILL NOT be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On San Pedro’s north edge, experience a private paradise at Blue Tang Inn, one of the town’s most charming beachfront inns. Fourteen exquisite suites each offer full kitchens and air conditioning. Relax by the private pool or rejoice on the third floor sundeck with inspiring panoramas of the ocean and reef. Set your own schedule for amazing daily activities such as diving & snorkeling, fishing tours, sea kayaking, numerous inland tours and omnipresent romance during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Blue Tang Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Tang Hotel San Pedro
- Blue Tang Inn Belize/San Pedro