“Blue Tang = AMAZING!!”

Ranked #1 of 21 San Pedro B&B and Inns
Jamaica, New York
“Blue Tang = AMAZING!!”
Reviewed April 26, 2011

My fiance and I just got back from a wonderful trip in Belize (Ambergris Caye) and it all started at the Blue Tang even before we got to the island.

One of my fiancé's life long dreams was to take an adventurous trip to Belize and being the cautious and skeptical New Yorker that I am, tried to fight her every step of the way. See, I didn't know ANYTHING about Belize and neither did she. So this adventurous trip could have been a disaster. But she found Blue Tang Inn and was convinced that it was the place for us. Again being very wary about going to country I knew nothing about, I was seriously doubtful. I wanted safety, all inclusive, and SECURITY. So she sent me the link and it looked FANTASTIC but did it have what I was looking for. I was willing to give it a shot and step out of my "American Bubble" (little did I know the owners of Blue Tang are from Minnesota".

From the first email my fiance sent, I knew this place had a very special touch. All of our questions about room availability, how to get to Ambergris Caye, were answered within 24 hours. Kristen, an associate from the hotel, even called my fiance to answer any additional questions we had about our vacation. I mean do people really do that anymore? Well they do at Blue Tang Inn and that's what sold me. So we booked.

Now I dare you to find water bluer than you'll find in Belize and when we walked from the water taxi to the Blue Tang Inn, I knew we was in for a fantastic time.

The hotel is a three story white building right in front of the beach with suite styled rooms, equipped with kitchens. The kitchen was such a helpful factor because sometimes spending money for lunch and dinner can be a bit pricey. Blue Tang is located less than a block away from two supermarkets. Great for grabbing something cheap for lunch!

The rooms are decked out with wood lined ceilings and floors adding to the very tropical decor. Everything in the room is modern. For those looking to get away from time, news and the world than Blue Tang is just for you because there are no TVs or phones and it got better for us.

After our first night, Alan (one of the friendliest people on the planet) told us that we got a complimentary upgrade to the honeymoon suite and all I have to say is SWEET! That room is so amazing being on the third floor literally just feet from the steps to the sun deck where the view is THE BEST on the Island. Loads of sunset pics from up there.

The service was 5 STAR! Alan and Fanny were so helpful and were great stewards for all the people of Belize. They literally took anything that I thought would be hard and dreadful, and made it easy and delightful. Need reservations for a dinner during Easter weekend, DONE. A trip snorkeling and cave tubing, heres a voucher and some snorkeling equipment (on site in the office). They just made everything great and AMAZING.

The cleaning staff is second to none. Some of the hardest working people I've ever met. Someone was always sweeping to keep the sand from sneaking into your room, the pool is pristine and they're always smiling welcoming you with a "good morning" or "hello".

Also, the continental breakfast is a great meal to start the day. Fresh island fruit awaits you with either pancakes, waffles or local Belize cuisine (meat pies or fried jacks - super tasty).

So I leave you with this, if you're looking to go to Belize and are looking for that security with a personal touch, come to Blue Tang Inn. You WILL NOT be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank punito2k3
BzeMermaid, Owner at Blue Tang Inn, responded to this review, April 29, 2011
Thank you for your compliments of Blue Tang Inn and our staff!! We are reading your review to our entire staff, so they can feel the benefits of the hard work they do for all of our guests and the Inn.
We are so glad that you had such a positive experience on your honeymoon from your first contact with our reservations staff to your stay.
We look forward to your return soon!
Thanks again for the great feedback.
Appreciatively,
Blue Tang Inn Staff
Kristin, Fanny, Allan and team!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
West Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed April 26, 2011

My team and myself greatly enjoyed our stay at the Blue Tang Inn. The staff is very hospitable and personable. I can't think of anything I would change or didn't like about Blue Tang. I am actually planning on bringing another team in 2012 and would like to stay at the Blue Tang again, since we were so pleased.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Thank you to Allan & Fanny for their wonderful customer service - friendly, fun & helpful. The kitchen was well stocked - the first place ever, where we had sharp knives! A good blender churned out wonderful smoothies and rum drinks. Beautiful use of wood for the cupboards and ceiling. We enjoyed the rooftop deck, balconies and pool side breakfasts. The Blue Tang had been recommended by our adventure tour company Island Expeditions based in BC. We highly recommend this piece of paradise in San Pedro.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2011

We loved our stay at the Blue Tang Inn. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The location was fabulous. We loved being on the beach and right at the edge of San Pedro town. We will definitely stay at the Blue Tang Inn on our next trip to Belize!

Room Tip: Check their website for room locations.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Coldspring
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Blue Tang is the place to stay in San Pedro. This small Inn is perfect. Fannie and Allan at the front desk are more than helpful. They treat you like family, We know this town is their home, but they make you feel like it is yours too! David and Adolfo are so much fun to sail and snorkel with. These guys are great.!! Ask for them!!
The inn itself is just right. Our room,#15 was perfect. Comfortable and always clean when we came back from our adventures. You must take the golf cart to see San Pedro! We can't stop thinking about our time there. It was paradise!! And Yes, we will be back. Virgil & Chyrel April , 2011

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Bethany Beach, Delaware
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Small Inn, not fancy but clean and spacious. Alan and Fanny were most helpful in planning our excursions, answering our questions and suggesting good places to eat. They went out of their way during a holiday week. The boat that the Blue Tang owns was captained by David who was knowledgeable and flexible. There were only 6 of us on the first day of snorkelling and a larger group the following day of which we were informed prior to booking it. While snorkelling, they were great guides showing us things I would have missed on my own. The Inn is in walking distance to everything in town, The Inn also has golf carts to rent reasonably. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2011
Katy, Texas
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I really enjoyed staying at the Blue Tang! My room was overlooking the water, there's a rooftop patio to enjoy sunsets, and the staff is always cleaning and working hard. Loved it.

Cons for other people (though I didn't experience them), Wet Willies is a bar at the end of the pier that gets loud once a week (wednesday night). Other than that very quiet. And a couple rooms look onto the street, not the ocean, so choose wisely.

I'll definitely be going back.

Thank you!

Room Tip: suite on the 3rd floor, ocean view!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple