“Felt like home!”

Ranked #5 of 21 San Pedro B&B and Inns
MN
“Felt like home!”
Reviewed February 7, 2007

We returned last week from San Pedro, and Corona Del Mar. It was without a doubt the best vacation we have ever been on. The reason for that was the staff at Corona Del Mar. Miriam, Pamela, Frank, and the others were incredibly friendly and helpful. As others have said, Frank is the horseshoe champ! And don't let him fool you, he IS good! We went on several excursions that Pamela and Miriam set up for us and had a fabulous time. Snorkling with sharks and stingrays was a highlight. The crew on the catamaran SeaDuction were great! We also met some wonderful folks at the hotel and shared coffee and laughs with them each morning. We ate at some fantastic restaurants, Blue Water Grill and Casa Picasso were among our favorites. The seafood ceviche at George's Kitchen right across the street is to die for. Our room was always clean and comfortable, breakfast was fantastic. I especially enjoyed chatting with "Maria'' each morning since I was the first one up, around 4 am, and she was there preparing the fresh fruit, breads, eggs and coffee for the guests as they meandered down throughout the morning. WE have never gone to a vacation destination twice, but San Pedro and Corona Del Mar will be the exception. Thank You Corona Del Mar! You made our vacation more then we could have hoped for.

Stayed January 2007
2 Thank resortgirl-7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
jupter florida
Reviewed February 5, 2007

We were delighted with Corona del Mar and Ambergris Caye for all the same positive reasons stated by other guests, especially the group who was there for the destination wedding in January 2007. We were lucky enough to be there during the week of the wedding (in the last room available) though we were not part of the wedding. But is was a super nice group of people and we enjoyed getting to know them during the week. The bride was beautiful and the groom very handsome. We will return soon to Corona del Mar. The hotel staff also felt like family and took great care of us. Restaurants were excellent-try CARAMBA. We had dinner there four nights. The reef is absolutely spectacular. We are so glad we chose Corona del Mar over Journey's End Resort.

• Liked — the staff and location
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank scrappy47
MN
Reviewed January 20, 2007

My family and I (with almost 40 friends) have just returned from a 10 day stay in San Pedro and had one of the most amazing vacations in a long time. We traveled to San Pedro for our son's destination wedding and again chose Corona del Mar for all the guests based on 3 previous trips. We held the wedding at the local Catholic Church and the reception at Woody's on the beach. Corona del Mar (Woody's) is small, clean and exceptionally friendly. The staff goes way beyond to help make you feel at home. Breakfast is continental style and free rum punch all day. On the beach there are sun loungers and hammocks, guests can also swim or sunbathe at the end of the dock. Frank will ask if you want to play horseshoes on the beach since he is not too good. Day trips fishing for our own dinner and snorkeling were some of the highlights. Some of the guests chose cave tubing, tree zipping, Mayain ruins, and the Belize Zoo. I recommend hiring a golf cart - even for a few hours to explore the island. All is good in paradise! We will be back again...

• Liked — staff
  • Stayed January 2007
1 Thank KPLMn
London
Reviewed November 14, 2006

Stayed here as a base for some diving. Felt like we were proper houseguests, and welcome ones at that! Brilliant value for money. Staff were incredibly helpful, recommending places for dinner, and even booking them for you.

As for the diving, brilliant. We went with Aqua Dives, who picked us up from Corona del Mar. Like everywhere in Ambergris, its not a place to go for beach-lovers, but the hotel has a pier, which is great for sunbathing.

Easy to walk into town or up North towards the posh hotels for dinner if you so choose.

Loved it. You will to.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Get a room on the top floor to catch a sea breeze
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank banjomac
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2006

My friend and I have just returned from a week in San Pedro and had one of the most amazing holidays in a long time. We chose to go to San Pedro purely for the diving and opted for the Corona del Mar based on previous Trip Advisor reviews. If you like your plush Ritzes and Marriots or Sandals resorts - forget it. Most of the accommodation we saw were small scale - which is exactly what I loved. No building appears to be higher than the tallest palm tree. The Corona del Mar was small, clean and exceptionally friendly. No need to bring beach or bath towels - these can be changed daily. We arrived at at time when San Pedro appeared to be on holiday itself, with many restaurants closed. There was still plenty open though. The season starts in November. As it was quiet, the hotel upgraded us to the Penthouse and we were afforded a gorgeous view of the ocean from our spacious balcony. We had AC, ceiling fan, fridge and TV. The staff put complementary water in your fridge. We were right on the beach with Woodys Wharf right in front of the hotel - very handy when being picked up at 5.30am for dives. Breakfast is a do-it-yourself affair and there were some pretty potent rum punches free all day. Yum. Water is readily from the lobby all day if you want to rehydrate yourself with something other than rum. As well as the beach with sun loungers and hammocks, guests can sunbathe at the end of the dock. The water here is better than off the beach itself, with less seagrass and general debris. There was some noise from the works on the next dock along but not sufficiently intrusive to disturb my chilling. One thing to note is that reception closes at 7pm which was quite unfortunate when I realised I had lost my room key on the first night. Doh! Helen who we had to wake up could not have been more than gracious. We spent most of our week in the water. The diving with Amigos del Mar was out of this world. I found them very professional and the divemasters and crew really reassuring. I highly recommend the Blue Hole day trip - which was just amazing. Another brilliant day was spent chartering a tiny blue fishing boat we saw on Woodys Wharf - the Cari'bean. Ernesto and Oliver took us on a day trip that saw me fishing for my own lunch that was cooked on a deserted island. My friend was gutted at losing the barracuda - there is now "the one that got away" story! The highlight was swimming with three gentle manatees. We were careful not to alarm them and they stayed close by feeding. The guys can do whatever reasonable itinerary you want - swimming with sharks! San Pedro is one of the most chilled out places I have been to - and I live in the Caribbean! Service everywhere was swift and with a smile. Best of all - no one hustled us and I felt so safe strolling the sandy streets. I definitely recommend hiring a golf cart - even for a few hours to explore the island. It really is tiny. One thing - I brought way too many clothes and shoes - this is really the ultimate flip flop culture!

• Liked — Friendliness. Free rum punch.
  • Disliked — Noisy dock next door
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't forget your insect repellent for San Pedro
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
7 Thank KFPGMC
new mexico
Reviewed August 5, 2006

I stayed at the Corona del Mar in March, 2006, and had the exact vacation I had anticipated. As I post these photos 4 months later I am reminded of the incredible beauty of the island and the hospitality of the staff. They made my week extra special. I'd return for another week in a heartbeat.

• Liked — location, staff
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled solo
10 Thank travel07
Minnesota
Reviewed July 21, 2006

My husband and I went to Ambergris Caye for our honeymoon. We spent the last 3 nights at Corona del Mar and I wish we would have stayed here the entire time.

Miriam and the rest of the staff really make this hotel what it is. We arrived around 11:00 and Miriam immediately arranged a snorkeling trip for 2:00 that day. We wanted to go to Lamanai and she made a lot of calls to get us there and suggested some alternatives if we couldn’t go on that trip. Frank always had a smile and a good story to tell.

Our room was clean, comfortable and air conditioned. We had a view of the ocean and a huge balcony to sit on. There is a small safe in the room. Each room has a large jug of water in the fridge that they refill every day. The hotel is a 5-10 minute walk to town and all the tours picked us up right from the dock. The only problem I had was that the place next door had very loud music until 10:30 one night and we had to be up before 7:00 the next day. Other than that one night, it was quiet.

I would definitely recommend Corona del Mar. All the other reviews are true – this place is the best.

• Liked — Friendly staff, clean rooms, close proximity to everything
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple