“Great Beachfront Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 21 San Pedro B&B and Inns
Kansas City
“Great Beachfront Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2008

This hotel is a very clean & Friendly place to stay. The property is well maintained and the rooms are large and well appointed. The views are outstanding. If you are looking for a large resort or partys and night life, this is deffinately not for you. However, if you strive for a beautiful beachfront setting with clean rooms, good air-conditioning, and a friendly staff, this is it. My family and I stayed 7 nights with them, and left relaxed and very satisfied. I will deffinately go back. The value for your money at this hotel is exceptional. One of the great features of this hotel is that they have their own dock. Our dive boat from Reef Adventures picked us up each morning to dive. Reef Adventures is a Great dive group, with never more than six on the dive, we had a fabulous trip, but that is for another review, which I will post on this and other web sites. Directly accross from Corona del mar are 2 restaurants, pepperoni's a pizza joint that delivers and Charlies a nice restauant with decent prices. The hotel is about a 10 - 15 minute walk from downtown and you can either walk down the beach or on the street. If you prefer you can hire a cab for $5 belize anywhere on the island. The hotel provides a breakfast each morning consisting of hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, bread & rasin bread, a toaster, fresh coffee, juice and assorted condiments. Ernesto takes care of the front desk, and is very helpful with anything you need. Frank is the grounds keeper and loves to play horse shoes with the guests. The owners live on propery and are lovely people to visit with.
A bar is located in the lobby and has free rum punch along with bottled pop and beer which is charged to your room on the "honor system" you simply write down what you drink. I highly recomend this hotel for diving, fishing or just relaxing. A great place to get away from it all.

• Liked — Beachfront location
  • Disliked — Would have liked a little more variety in the breakfast.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank GuyDiver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2008

Corona Del Mar is a perfect hotel for young and old - groups and independent travellers. My fiance and I ended up staying here longer than originally planned as we couldnt bear to leave...!! From the free rum punch, to the always helpful and friendly Ernesto to the rest of the wonderful staff including our favourite Frank, we enjoyed a wonderful stay here. The rooms were spotless and very spacious with beautiful balconies (get the ones over looking the ocean - it is worth it). The hotel has its own private dock with sun loungers and hammocks and a swimming area. Excellent value for money and a perfect distance from the heart of San Pedro. A 10 mins walk along the beach to all the bars and restaurants, and without all the noise the comes with a hotel in the centre. I could not rate it highly enough. I have never written a review on tripadvisor before, but this hotel made me need to tell everyone to go and stay there!

• Liked — The wonderful staff and spacious clean rooms
  • Disliked — The breakfast is not deluxe but adequate
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AandANewYork
Santa Clara, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2008

My husband, 2-year-old son and I originally planned to stay at the Corona del Mar for 5 days, but ended up extending our time to 8 days because we loved it so much. We were greeted with complimentary rum punches (the best I had the whole trip) and knew right away our stay would be great. Our room was comfortable with an amazing view of the ocean. We were close enough to walk into town every day and night, but far enough away to be free from the hustle and bustle. The complimentary breakfasts every morning started our days off perfectly, and the friendly staff made us feel right at home. We can't wait to return to Ambergris, and when we do, we will certainly stay at the Corona del Mar!!!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank caligirl7606
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2008

I stayed four nights at an Oceanview room in corona del mar. When we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff and were immediately offered delicious and refreshing rum punch, which is complementary and available all day. The staff including Ernesto, Frank, and all the ladies there were very nice and helpful during our entire stay there. We felt very welcomed and at home. It was convenient that we were able to rent a couple of bicycles from Frank at a rate that I believe was cheaper than other places on the island.

The location of the hotel is perfect, right on the beach and about a 10-15 minute walk from town. Woody’s Warf is adjacent to the hotel, so you can be picked up for all aquatic activities right there, you can also swim off the end of the dock.

The rooms are also very clean and spacious. We had an oceanfront balcony with a great view. The room had AC, a ceiling fan, a safe, and a small fridge. Everyday they gave us a galloon of water which was great and refreshing after a day out. They also had continental breakfast every morning.

Another plus was the restaurant right across from the hotel, George’s Kitchen. They served delicious food and the owners were also very friendly. We visited the restaurant three times during the four days we stayed there.

Overall this is a great hotel to stay at in San Pedro and I would definitely recommend it to others.

• Liked — the location, staff, rum punch
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
hamilton ontario canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2008

Just returned from 11 days at Corona Del Mar in San pedro town, Belize. We arrived early for our check in no problem at all. Frank helped us to our room with our luggage and after reading reviews here and meeting Frank I knew as Frank says. "it's all good". Any and all questions were handled with great knowledge and of course when needing to rent a golf cart a simple call from the front desk staff and the cart was there in a matter of minutes. Ernesto and the girls are great . The continental breakfast was very good and beer and soft drinks are avaliable in the lobby fridge for a nominal price, but might I suggest the rum punch it great. We were far enough away from town not to hear the hustle and bustle if you can call it that downtown,. a traffic jam is 3 golf carts and a taxi during rush hour

.Frank asked me to join him on sunday afternoon at Crazy Canucks for a horseshoe tournament and we had a chance to meet a lot of the people who live on the island. Dave the owner of pepperonis pizza won the tournament and he makes an awesome pizza. georges restaurant, monkey bites and grocery stores are all close by, and of course make sure you meet Ed for coffee on the dock in the morning. We will be returning for sure

What a great place I would highly recommend it

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — leaving
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2008

Overall, the hotel was in a good location (close to downtown but far enough away where it was quiet). A few good restaurants close by. Staff helpful and friendly.

...but, I had a good amount of money stolen from me when my purse was locked in my room. Coming from a big city, I'm very cautious about my belongings and always have my purse tucked tightly under my arm, but, one day, I ran down to the beach for an hour, left my purse in the room without thinking, and discovered later that half of my money was gone.

When I notified the staff, they were very apologetic and looked into the situation, but - in the end - it came down to my word against the housekeeper's, who claimed she saw some locals in our room (which means, at best, she was lying about taking the money and, at worst, someone broke in when we weren't there, because we never had guests).

Safes are provided in the rooms, and luckily we locked up passports and other travel documents, but the brief oversight on my part caused a great amount of stress on what should have been an enjoyable vacation. Hopefully they have fired this employee - everyone else was extremely helpful and kind. But, given that person stole from me minutes after an opportunity presented itself, PLEASE lock up all valuables if you stay at this hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Theft by employee
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank lewislhar
Big Sur, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2008

Having never been on Ambergris before, we thought we would book one night at the Corona del Mar and see if we wanted to stay longer. We ended up staying almost a week! The location was great -- a little ways away from the hustle and bustle of the down town area and the hotel's wharf was very convenient as a pick-up/drop-off for any water-related activities. The staff were all FABULOUS; couldn't be more friendly or helpful! Felt like home!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family