“Do yourself a favor and DON'T stay here” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Corona del Mar Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #6 of 21 San Pedro B&B and Inns
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
“Do yourself a favor and DON'T stay here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

The hotel is old, depressing, and in desperate need of a paint job. The pool is absolutely disgusting and you couldn't pay anyone in our group to go in it. We were here on a Friday night and had to experience the misery known as karaoke. If you want to go to bed before midnight, good luck!

To be fair to this hotel, the weather was miserable during our stay so we didn't get to enjoy the outdoor amenities, however, I think the warm sunny weather can only do so much.

My advice would be to skip San Pedro altogether and go to Caye Caulker instead.

1 Thank Emily A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Outstanding! Staff was extremely friendly and helpful! The room was exceptionally clean! The view couldn't be beat! Location was excellent! Met some wonderful people! We enjoyed our stay here and will return!

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Friendly staff, clean rooms, good rates, lovely beach, proximity to good restaurants, bars, etc., even golf cart rental across the street (the preferred transportation on the Caye. We met friends there that we'll have for life! We'll be back! Yeah, mon!

Room Tip: Ask for room with balcony on the water/beach.
1 Thank jlmurvin
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I just left Corona Del Mar after spending a week there. I was traveling by myself and the staff really looked after me. Everyone and I mean everyone was just incredible. Marjorie at the bar gave me great insight to Belize and gave me some great advice on the area. Kenny the other bar tender became my island guide when i rented a golf cart and he volunteered to show me around on his own time. He then refused to take any money after taking me on a great tour so I could get familiar with my surroundings. Frank who was always 114 percent when asked how his days were, Leroy, Mr. entertainment and Yvonne the masseuse on the beach were all incredible people. The front desk staff and the maids were awesome, as well as the security guys at night. Great value at this hotel with unbelievable staff, what more can I say. They became my friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank northernlight55
Tucson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Corona Del Mar, for the price ($75) thru Orbitz, was great! They put me on the 3rd floor with a view of the ocean out of my window. The room was spacious and the shower was huge. The place was clean and comfortable, and the staff was always helpful. They provided FREE: Wi-Fi, Rum Punch, and continental breakfast, with fresh fruit and good coffee! I always walk everywhere and San Pedro was no exception. This hotel was close to everything, but not in the middle of the hustle and bustle of central San Pedro. In fact, one of my favorite restaurant experiences, Spice It Up Bar & Grill, is just two doors away and offers many tasty selections at a great price, and they provide excellent customer service too! Also, the bar at Corona Del Mar, which is located by the pool, offered Monday night football viewing with refreshing libations. Lastly, I must say that their white sand beach was keep clean and gleaming white, with plenty of shade for those oh, so sunny Belizean days.

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor with a view!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Kelly M
Cozumel, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

The hotel is situated further down on the left side of the city, around 20 min from the water taxi and around 10 min from the airport.
We arrived and we had a quickly check in , the reception looks like a back office storage, we don´t receive any briefing or information about the hotel services or anything else…
Room was small, dated , pretty basic with regular amenities, facing to the pool…

We walked out to the pool area but looks a little dumpy so we don’t use it, in fact we don’t see anybody clean it up during our all stay, the beach area looks dirty as well.
So we took a drink in the bar and we spoke with some local for rent a golf cart , Kevin the bartender a really nice guy help us to rent one in ultimate car rental, they called them and 10 min after we got a really good deal , we´re attended for two beautiful ladies really helpful and accommodating in all our questions and needs.
We drove around the island and we spend a great time in downtown, however when we came back around 10 pm, the hotel front door was closed!!, I knocked the door for some minutes but nobody opened, nobody responded , so we look around and I found a service entrance open and we sneaked in to the hotel…! our biggest concerned was my 2 years old baby, so we worried a little bit for him.
So, finally we walked in to our room and my wife was tired and felt sleep quickly however was karaoke night at the beach bar! So for me was impossible to sleep, so I went to the bar and took a couple of belikins with locals ,instead to try to sleep, music finished around 1:00 a.m. maybe.

we got this room for a good price but there is more options in the island for the same rate...

Definitely we will find out a different place next time…

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank mundox79
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Overall, the Corona del Mar is a nice hotel. It has an outside bar, in ground pool, and Karaoke on Fridays. The room we had was nice and spacious, with two double beds, a couch, television, fridge w/bottled water, stable Wi-Fi and A/C. The complimentary breakfast provided consists of coffee, juice, jams, peanut butter and bread/toast, so if you’re looking for a heartier breakfast, you’ll want to venture to town, possibly Caroline’s Cookin’. Our check-in went almost without a hitch as the lady at the front desk was professional and accommodating. However, the individual who assisted with the luggage and showing us to our room was a bit hostile, questioning why we only reserved one room vice two. This was regrettable for him, as up to this point we had been tipping rather nicely. This was the last time we encountered this individual during our stay. Upon check-out, the front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating as they allowed us to keep our luggage there while we toured the island prior to our water taxi departure.

Room Tip: There are rooms by the pool and outdoor bar. On Friday's they have Karaoke night...if you want...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends