“Yes it is!”

Ranked #5 of 21 San Pedro B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Yes it is!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at this property as an escape from the April blizzards in MN. I booked not only at the very last minute, but booked due to the reviews I read...I must say "Yes it is" that cool little beach front hotel you are reading about. And "Yes" Happy from the Tuff Tours is absolutely the coolest and friendly tour contact (due the Mexico rocks, snorkel, fish, bbq all day tour). Frank the head grounds/maint/greeter/sercurity as he appears to wear several hats is someone to say hi too!. The staff was super friendly, my room was clean everyday, fresh towels in abundance, soap, shampoo,and truly hot water everyday. The complimentary rum punches that are avail from 7am til???never could continue to drink late into the evening as they were pretty true "rum" punch...Awesome. San Pedro is stunningly beautiful. Im very happy i went during off season, as i can not imagine being there in the height of high season. I travelled as a single female and had no problems. I would recommend renting a cart if you are ther a week, otherwise jump a cab for $5US or walk. Do the chicken drop bingo...so funny to see coming from an urban city lol!! my friend i met won $100BZ. One thing however....didn't find any one place where i thought the food was amazing...Overall i give it 2 thumbs up.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank dana c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Prague
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Corona Del Mar is a jewel in the heart of San Pedro. I went to Belize with no plan, not a care in the world, just a chance to get away to someplace warm. My expectations were low and I booked the Corona del Mar as a place to lay my head down after what I would hope to be a series of memorable days. I got so much more than that.

The Corona del Mar is a simple place. It's clean, no frills with possibly one of the best places on the shore. I spent several hours during the afternoons just sitting at the bar, drinking families of Belikins looking out at the water. The view never got old. Neither did the service. There are two great bartenders here that I'll remain friends with forever, Kenny and Margie. Kenny is a young man who has lived on the island his whole life. He is the coolest bartender I've ever met, great to hang out with and ever better to know. He knows everyone on the island and knows everywhere to go, every day of the week. I traveled to the island as a troubadour and met up with other troubadours on vacation from the US, met up with Kenny and had a blast every night of the week. A truly unique experience and one I will never forget.

Margie is pretty amazing as well. She's been on the island forever and is absolutely wonderful. She is great to talk to and truly a lot of fun. The stories Kenny and Margie have are amazing - I highly, highly recommend if nothing else, spending an afternoon at the bar at the Corona del Mar and listening to these stories.

If you're looking for something to do, Leroy is your man. He's in charge of activities at Corona del Mar and one cool cat. Although, I would steer clear of watching any soccer game with him and Kenny in the same proximity. They get pretty animated and are damn serious about their soccer. It's truly hilarious to watch, but definitely not G rated. Ha ha! Either way, I would wake up in the morning - "need to go fishing", "Done". "Need to go snorkeling", "Done". "Need Jet Skis", "Done". No ask was too big or too small. And let's be honest, when you're on vacation, you don't want any hassle at all. The triumvirate of Kenny, Margie and Leroy, I didn't want for anything. Not to mention, the staff at the hotel. Just top notch without the top notch price tag or the stuffiness of other hotels on the island.

If you're looking for a great place to stay that makes you feel welcome like a member of the family, Corona del Mar is the best place for you. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank wisewithage
Ocean Shores, Washington
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is the best place in Belize!! My 2nd time I have been there and I plan on returning next year with a group!!! Friendly staff great rooms!!! The food here too is amazing! beware of the hot wings there HOT!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lisa C
La Pine, Oregon
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our first time in Belize. We chose this hotel for a couple of reasons. One being the proximity to the beach, another being the free rum punch!

This hotel is rustic but perfectly comfortable. The beds were very comfortable, the linens were clean. They had laptops in the office for customer use. The staff make it an extremely pleasant place to stay. Proximity to San Pedro Town (within reasonable walking distance) makes it convenient for exploring the local vibe. You can walk up the beach or down the cobblestone streets and enjoy a variety of shopping and dining experiences.

The staff at Corona Del Mar love what they do and it shows. They do everything they can to make their visitors feel welcome and comfortable. They'll even do your laundry for a very nominal fee.

We loved it and would stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra C
Edmonton
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I just spent 10 days at the Corona del Mar. We had a fantastic time at this hotel. The staff are so friendly and made our stay like a second home. The room was large, clean and comfortable-but the furniture was a bit dated (no biggie). The hotel itself needs a bit of TLC- but nothing that would deter us from staying there. The location is great and we were able to walk just about everywhere. There are plenty of places to eat and lots of things to do. I enjoyed spending time on the warf just watching the sea-life and relaxing. Leroy (Happy Man) from Tuff E Nuff tours is awesome- he really bent over backwards to see that we had a good time. The tours he organized for us were fantastic. In the evenings we would go down to the Sea Horse Lounge for a couple of drinks with our new friends. The food in the lounge is good and very reasonably priced. I would definitely stay here again while visiting Belize.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Canada
Reviewed March 7, 2013

There is so much to recommend the hotel: the great location, the unbelievably nice people who work there, the incredible value. Everything is just so nice and it really is a fantastic choice especially if you want to just put your feet up and relax. The people who work at the hotel could not be kinder or more accommodating. The beach is beautiful and there is a great swimming spot at the end of the pier. We loved that we could start our day with a beach walk for miles in either direction. My only difficulty with the hotel is that, as a light sleeper, I found the barking of the dogs all night long a little hard to bear. Maybe the whole island is like that since the dogs are everywhere; I don't know whether that is true. Make sure you take earplugs along.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Venicenextyear
Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Just got back from a fabulous vacation. Corona del Mar was the perfect spot for us. From the moment we entered the office we felt at home immediately. Frank escorted us up to our 3rd floor ocean front room with a large balcony. What a view.!!l It was perfect. All the staff went above and beyond and made you feel like family. Mel the cook did a spectacular job with the food even when things got busy. Kenny and Marge made the best drinks in town. LeRoy, aka Happy Man, a rep from TuffENuff tours can set up any excursion from right off the pier at the hotel. Mel, Vikki and others in the front office where always helpful and the maids did a great job. The beach is great, nice palm trees and hammocks for those who want the shade. However its not great to swim in unless you walk to the end of the pier where there is a marked swimming area, lounge chairs and palapa.
Oh and by the way, Frank, makes the best Rum Punch !!! (free in the afternoons)
This is not a 5 star resort but the staff and great guests, who we now feel as family made this the ``Best Vacation Ever``

And as Frank says ``when you come back we will say Welcome Home``