We are a couple in our 50's who wanted to go snorkeling and have a relaxing vacation. We arrived mid afternoon from a resort hotel stay further up north and was pleasantly surprised by this quaint hotel.
Greeted by a large glass of rum punch by Franco the maintance and grounds keeper we were taken upstairs to our sunset /lagoon view room and no sooner that I stepped in and asked about the ocean view room Ernesto offered us an upgrade without cost. An ocean view room .
We had perfect view of the ocean with 2 doors opening up to a balcony, queen size bed, tv. dresser, mirror, table and chairs, a sink as you walked in with a frig and basic bathroom ( toilet and shower)
Next day we went down by 7 am to breakfast and we were greeted with a wonderful breakfast of wheat bread, banana and dark bread, boiled eggs, cereal, milk, cut up pineapple, papaya, watermelon, oranges , whole bananas and fresh coffee and fruit punch.
You could sit inside the lobby and meet some of the guests or outside to eat or take to your room and have as much as you wanted. We usually came back down with our laptops and met quite a few guests with common interests.
Pamela one of the managers set us up with Lil Alphonse for 2 tours that were just amazing to Hol Chan and Shark and Sting ray alley plus Mexico and Mata Rocks.
At the end of the pier there was a nice thatched palapa and hammock ,4 beach chairs and a large roped area to go swimming which I absolutely loved. Clean and without the grass normally seen by the shore.
The beach area also had a volleyball net which guests had fun using during their stay along with the horshoe pit.
This was one of 3 hotels we stayed at and we loved this one the best because of the staff and the breakfast and free rum punch.
In fact after we had gone to our 3rd hotel we came back to visit on our bikes and partook in Pamela's birthday celebration, free rum punch , cake and ceviche.
The only downfall is if you enjoy having a pool there is none and even the one to use next door isn't much. We stayed 3 nights here and moved on to Xanadu for another 3 nights and missed the ambience that the staff and this hotel offered.
At times the tv was on too loud in the lobby but I asked politely to turn it down and they did .
There were 3 restaurants within 20 feet from the hotel, George's Kitchen, Monkey Bites and a really good Pizza place.
Next time we visit Ambergris Caye we are planning to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corona Del Mar Hotel & Apartments, your home away from home. A nice beautiful 15 minutes walk along the beach to town. Not too far from town but yet far enough from the hustle and bustle. Enjoy our free rum punch and fruit punch all day long. Once you are here, leave everything to us. We guarantee your vacation of a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Corona del Mar Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corona Del Mar Hotel And Apartments
- Corona Del Mar San Pedro
- Corona Del Mar Hotel & Apartments Belize/San Pedro