“My best vacation ever, without a doubt!”

Caribe Island Condos
Ranked #53 of 55 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed March 27, 2006

I needed a vacation and I mean really needed one. I had heard from friends about Belize and decided to do some research. Through the internet I found Caribe Island Condos. Without a doubt my 12 days there were the best vacation of my life. The staff of this resort are all wonderful, helpful, cheerful and glad to see you. I was so relaxed within the first 24 hours that I extended my stay by a couple of days at that point. If you want rest, peace, beautiful surroundings, people to cater to your every wish, then this is the place to go. I cannot wait to go back! In fact I am hoping to make it back in June. I will stay again and again at Caribe Island Resort. Way to go guys! See you soon!

M.L. from Kentucky

Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank kylu

Colorado
Reviewed March 26, 2006

This was our first time to Belize, and probably the best vacation we have ever had. The Staff at Caribe truly went out of their way to make our vacation incredible. The staff arranged all of our excursions, fishing, snorkeling, and parisailing. We can not believe how beautiful Belize is and after wandering up and down the beach found that we stayed at the most beautiful place!! Caribe had the BEST beach and we snorkled right off the pier. Watching the sunrise right off our porch was breathtaking! We can not wait to return to Caribe next year.

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas
Reviewed March 20, 2006

We initially stayed here in March 2004 and LOVED it.
Loved it so much that we went back 2 years later and stayed there AGAIN!

Unfortunately, the management changed - and so did a lot of what made Caribe Island such a great place to stay.

The restaurant is now closed - the dive shop and tour station on site is now closed - the water trampoline is gone - the beach seems much dirtier than before - the bar food is poor. All in all , the place had declined greatly. We left not wanting to go back - and if we were to go back, we would stay somewhere else like Banyan Bay or Victoria House.

We had scheduled 3 tours with Tracy and Ana at the front desk - and each time they were either cancelled all together at the last second - or we were lied to about the conditions of the trip (i.e. a private boat trip to Hol Chan for $60 per person turned into a very public trip with over 20 people on the boat - for the same price they had quoted us for a private trip!!!). Also - we arranged a fishing trip at 7 am - and when we arrived to the office at 7 am - they said it was cancelled because the boat was broken and we would have to reschedule for 1: 15 pm when the boat was fixed. It turned out the office was lying to us - and the fishing guide had gotten a larger group to go at 7 am (i.e. more money) so they moved us to the hot part of the day when no one else wanted to go fishing.
In addition, we asked Tracy to set us up for parasailing on ANY of the seven days we were there, and she was never able to arrange for us to parasail!

All in all, it was a very disappointing trip. I would not stay here a third time.

• Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Detroit
Reviewed February 21, 2006

This is by far best place to get away from the hustle and bustle of life. The island, people, and weather were great. The thing that makes Carib Island Condos so much better then others in Ambergris is that they are out of town sort of on their own at the south end of the island. This does not mean though that you are alone to fend for yourself. There is a full-time (7 days) staff that can get you anything you want. They have a free continental breakfast, free nightly rides to town and back, and a bar with food right at the condo complex. Food at the beachfront bar is great, as well as the drinks, and the prices are very reasonable compared to in town. My wife and I toured around the other resorts just to get an idea of what else was available. We just wanted to see for thing to help plan our next trip. I have to personally that Carib Island is it. Our condo was literally right on the beach. Everything was very clean including the beach that was cleaned daily by again the staff at Carib Island. If its the last thing I will return! One final thing. While I was on the island they installed wireless internet which allows you to use your laptop at the bar and stay connected should you need. This prompted me to say... I could stay here indefinately.

• Stayed: February 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Colorado
Reviewed January 6, 2006

My husband and I stayed at Caribe Island Condos, and did NOT want to go home!! The staff Elsita, Tracy, Ana spoiled us beyond belief, not to mention the bar and grill, fresh water pool and white beaches. This is truely Paradise!! We can not wait to return to Caribe.

• Stayed: November 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco Bay area
Reviewed August 7, 2005

We stayed in a Caribe Island one bedroom oceanfront in July of 2005. It was the most relaxing vacation we ever took. Originally we were planning on 7 days at Ambergris Caye; we changed that to nine days because it was so much fun. The resort was very accommodating with our changes to our stay. My girl friend and I are both divers, I have been scuba diving for a long time and in a lot of places. The last time I was here was back around 1970. Much to my surprise things have changed a lot. We have been to many of the Caribbean islands and this one took the cake! Caribe Island resort on Ambergris Caye is definitely the place to stay when you visit Belize. It is laid back and the locals are fun. We were like a member of the large family almost at once, amongst a group of very friendly and warm people. Everything was perfect. The rooms are spotless! The staff was incredibly friendly. They helped us with everything we wanted to do on the Caye or the mainland. The housekeeping staff kept the room spotless whenever we were gone and went well beyond the norm the even helped us order Belkin beer and soda having it delivered to the room. There was no on-site dive shop but I had researched dive shops before we left and found the ProTech dive shop beforehand; they have everything from Nitrox to rebreather training. They can even fill trimix and their Divemaster, Peter, is excellent. Pro Tech and all of the other tour companies and dive shops pick you up on the dock - very convenient! Just as nice as a live-aboard with the ability to get away from the group at your convenience. The pool was refreshing and the grounds were beautiful. We walked up and down the beach and Caribe Island definitely has one of the best maintained beaches. We snorkeled off the dock and some of the resort owners even invited me out on their boats for fishing if I had wanted. Our unit had a veranda and was right on the ocean just a short walk to the pier! We had a kitchen with everything necessary, just like home even a blender for our margaritas. Although we enjoyed having breakfast and lunch in our condo, the best part of Ambergris Caye is all the places to eat out living it up with the locals. The food was terrific. We made an adventure out of trying all the different restaurants and were thrilled with each one. I have always enjoyed fish and chips and being originally a British commonwealth they do them right. Although it was fun to go to town, we enjoyed Caribe Island because once we returned to our condo it was Q-U-I-E-T and peaceful as a vacation should be. We also tried riding the complimentary bikes - also fun. The last two days we decided to rent a golf cart and I would recommend it. We had a good time cruising through the streets, checking out where the locals lived and exploring the remote north end of the island. The hand-ferry was a hoot. I am very glad we stayed at Caribe Island resort on Ambergris Caye's South end of the island. Overall, our trip was fantastic and we plan to go back twice a year if we can. I would recommend Caribe Island Condos to anyone looking for a unique Caribbean vacation at a top notch resort! PS My girl friend and I will be getting married; partly due to those romantic nights at Caribe Island resort on Ambergris Caye.

• Stayed: July 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 5, 2005

The most wonderful thing about our trip to Belize was the amazing variety of sea life. We have snorkeled throughout the Caribbean, the east and west coast of Mexico and the South Pacific. The snorkeling in Belize is second only to Tahiti. With guides on the Hol Chan/Shark-Ray Ally tour we were able to pet nurse sharks and a sting ray. We saw spiny star fish, a huge green eel, a jumbo hermit crab in a conch shell, a giant turtle and many other creatures. The only thing I missed was ocean swimming access right from the beach, but your ads were honest about that. The condo was comfortable and the view was lovely. On our golf cart touring day, we stopped at many of the highly acclaimed resorts most often mentioned on internet travel sites and in travel books such "Fodors" for a cool drink and look see. What we discovered to our delight is that we had by far the BEST accommodations on the island. Your resort is easily the most attractive, quiet and relaxed, with open space, a great staff and easy access to everything else.
At the front desk, Anna and Tracy were amazingly helpful at getting us the tours we wanted exactly when we wanted them. In addition, they effortlessly got calls through to the states for us and it was not very expensive at all. Albert, at the bar, was a terrific resource for finding fun favorite hangouts of the local Belizeans. The complimentary shuttle to town each night is perfectly timed and a real plus for enjoying a wide variety of dinning opportunities, seeing the sites in San Pedro, and a little shopping. Everyone on Ambergris Cay, the tour guides, native islanders, and the tourist, is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2005