My husband and I just got back from Belize last week, and we absolutely loved it! Caribbean Villas was the perfect place to spend our vacation!
The staff is extremely helpful and friendly, and the resort itself was gorgeous. Unlike most of the other resorts we saw, Caribbean Villas is surrounded by lush grounds that make it feel very secluded. We loved the view from our room (#7) - we could see the ocean, the pool, the bar (big shout-out to Luis!) and tons of tropical plants and flowers. We especially loved opening the louvered windows and just letting the ocean breeze blow in!
The room was nice, but you need to have realistic expectations - it's a very affordable resort in Central America - it's not the Ritz Carlton. It was always clean, but there were sugar ants in the kitchen (so, we just kept all of our food in the refrigerator). They don't bite, so it's not a big deal - we didn't even mention it to the staff. I think that's just part of being in a tropical location - there are bugs, so get used to it!
Definitely take advantage of the bicycle rental provided - that's how we got around most of the time! And we sort of "adopted" one of the several stray dogs that seem to hang around the resort - he's a red colored dog that we named Carlos (if you've seen the movie The Hangover, then you'll know why we chose that name!)...so if you're in Room #7 and Carlos comes to visit you on the porch, pet him for us!!
We really hated to leave Caribbean Villas, and we hope to go back again someday! I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as we did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribbean Villas Hotel on Ambergris Caye has comfortable suites/rooms with Caribbean views, beautiful grounds, a large sandy beach all within sight of the reef. Whether you want a romantic vacation or a getaway from the crowds, a spell of renewal or a stepping stone to adventure, we can cater to your needs. With an onsite Dive Shop on our dock to arrange Scuba and Snorkeling excursions, and the Belize Sailing Center on the beach with Sailing, Kayaks, Paddleboards and Windsurfing & Kite surfing rentals, there is no lack of activities for adventure seekers. Or just relax with an oceanfront massage from their onsite masseuse. Our full-time concierge is available to book any mainland tours including Reef & Deep Sea fishing, Jungle Zip-lining, Cave-tubing and Maya Ruin tours. Golf Cart rentals are also available on site. Guests also have access to two fresh water pools, the only Waterslide on the island and the on-site restaurant which serves gourmet Caribbean and Belizean cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Caribbean Villas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Hotel San Pedro
- Caribbean San Pedro
- Caribbean Villas Hotel Belize/San Pedro