“Family Vacation”

Caribbean Villas Hotel
Ranked #29 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We were very happy with our stay at CVH. The staff werer friendly and helpful, including Anna at the front desk, Gail the housekeeper, the guys running the bar and outdoor restaurant and Cindy (and we loved her daughter, Ocean as well as their dog). The beach is one of the nicer ones on Ambergris Caye. We were looking for a small, intimate setting to celebrate my husband's return to good health where we felt like we were with family and that is exactly what CVH provided. We had our 2 grandsons with us and everyone was so kind to and about them. I know some places would be less than thrilled to have small children staying there but they were very accomodating, even providing a crib for the youngest one. Small issues- the beds were not overly comfortable and a few minor repairs need to be done to the property but overall, I would highly reccomend CVH to any travelers. We would love to be able to return there some day.

Room Tip: The higher level rooms are probably the best when it comes to views although on the lower level, we...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is sadly my third and last trip to cvh....I was greeted by one of the new owners on my first night of my 11 day stay and he was very rude. He also called one of his employees working on the beach stupid in front of the entire beach. The staff here has always been incredible and helpful and being bullied by Pedro is uncalled for... I watched as 4 or 5 new owners changed things around and jacked up prices....charging people for a second cup of coffee.. In the past having the 8.00 breakfast was included. Now they have tampered with that as well as sky high drink prices. For this reason we spent no money at the bar. Tony is an awesome cook and Luis an awesome bartender. Hopefully they will be appreciated more...king...frank...Hilda...Luis..Anna....thnx for always being the best ever despite being bullied....

Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank June-Bug12263
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed in the Eagles Nest Villa. There were six of us girls, with two bathrooms and it was plenty big enough for us. Edel in housekeeping, is a sweetheart. She made sure we had everything we needed. The Villa was very clean. Had a small ant problem and the upstairs bathroom didn't want to flush. The main complaint that I and quite a few other guests had, was that the pool was like ice water. Absolutely no one was able to use it the 9 days that we were there. There is no place to swim on the beach, so we would have loved to have used the pool. Thought about starting a bucket brigade to dump water from the hot tub into the pool. :) I'm sure we would've had plenty of help. We rented two golf carts while we were there. Had a blast running around town on them. We participated in a golf cart poker run one night. So fun! Leon and Luis at the bar were great guys. The Sunday BBQ was great. Try the pork chops! Be careful at the local grocery stores with getting correct change. Also watch the frozen food. I bought frozen strawberries and their freezers must have gone out, thawed and then refroze many times. Berries were brown and smelled horrible. We took a boat over to Caye Caulker and it was worth the trip. Very unique place. We got to do a little fishing too. Hope the info helps a little. Bring bug spray.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank TheSixPack2014
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Caribbbean Villas is a nice place to stay, clean, full kitchen, 2 baths,2 bedrooms, dining and living area, the best is the patio with full view of the Caribbean, sunsrise and sunsets were beautiful. A lot of laughs, and fun memories, Long walks on the beach, golf cart rental is a must, for visitng different parts of town, , beach bar with good food and good drinks and good service. Leon and Luis along with all the others are the best. , There were 6 of us and we all enjoyed our stay. We will need to do it again and again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We have stayed he quite a few times over the past 8-10 years. We love the atmosphere, location, and the people. Just to mention a few names. Leon and the two Luis'. Everyone is fantastic!! The beach bar is perfect!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Caribbean Villas for 5 nights. We were delighted with our accomodations. We had rented one of the villas, this included a bedroom, a living room and a nicely equipped kitchen. Best of all was our patio which faced directly onto the Caribbean. What a view! I could have been happy to spend the entire week sitting on that verranda, watching the sunrise and then people watching for the rest of the day.

The staff was wonderful. Special praise to Anna and Luis at the front desk, they were helpful and polite and smiling. They solved all our little problems, arranged a golf cart rental, taxis back/forth to the airport. Also thank you to Luis at the bar. We had a couple of meals at the bar, the food was delicious, convenient and quite inexpensive.

We walked to San Pedro almost every day. You want to do this walk along the beach, not on the road. It is a very easy 15 minute walk, check out competing hotels along the way.

The management of this facility changed over while we were there, and I am sure that this caused some disruption and anxiety. Perhaps the new management will fix a few of the small things that need attention. Our villa could have used a few little improvements. Certainly there was peeling paint on the walls. The verranda needed a good scrubbing. The kitchen is adequate, bur could be so much better by providing just a few things more. The screen door never worked right.

I had made this reservation months in advance. After I had paid for the villa, they had a sale and the prices went down. I asked if I could get the reduced price. NO, not available. I thought that this was petty, they could have credited me some of the difference or perhaps given me a credit at the bar.

But overall we were more than pleased. We were delighted. It was a beautiful spot. Complimentary breakfast on the beach was a pleasure every morning. Housekeeping was efficient and they made an effort to service the villa at a time that was convenient for us.

All the units have a view of the Caribbean, but we felt that our villa, #1, had the best view of all. It is the closest to the shore and has an unobstructed view. There is a well used path along the shore, everybody uses it. It was so much fun to watch the pedestrian traffic. Schoolchildren walking to school in the morning, home in the afternoons. One afternoon we watched kitesailing for an hour, just 30-40 feet from our patio, very thrilling!

We did a lot of walking along the beach, both north and south of us. Certainly there are a lot of fancier establishments along the shore, but they looked like "ghost towns", almost creepy, very few guests. Caribbean Villas was always lively and fun, there's a real Caribbean vibe to it. I highly recommend Caribbean Villas.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CenterMtraveler
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I ate at the bar some grilled lobster and drank rum punch. It was very good. The bar is outside with a roof so it is cosy when it rains. It is just on the beach so you can enjoy nature. Casual and friendly.

Room Tip: I did not stay at the hotel just enjoyed the bar.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends