We really enjoyed it here - they were able to upgrade us for our honeymoon to this magnificent and gigantic room, which was way overkill but super nice. The views are great throughout the hotel, and it feels nice and secluded thanks to all of the lush trees and surroundings. It's just a short bike ride from town if you want the "hustle and bustle" of the city, and the hotel offers free bikes to get there.
Everyone says that the beaches in Belize aren't very good, but this hotel spends a lot of time maintaining their beach and it was quite nice. There is also an outfit that rents Hobie Cats and kite boards on the same beach, which is definitely something to take advantage of. The hotel's restaurant/bar is also on the beach with great drinks, reasonable prices, and they do all sorts of fun things like live music and BBQs that are fun to join in on.
There is a long dock you can go snorkeling off of as well, there isn't a ton to sea but if you just want to take a quick swim, it's a great way to cool off. Most touring companies will pick you up and drop you off at the dock if you want to go on a snorkeling expedition as well, which is super nice.
Heading to town is a little bit of a pain if you want an active nightlife, so prepare to pay for cabs (you can nor shouldn't ride bikes at night, it's dangerous) or a very long walk. That wasn't a priority for us, but just FYI.
The staff was all very nice and we feel like we got a great value while staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribbean Villas Hotel on Ambergris Caye has comfortable suites/rooms with Caribbean views, beautiful grounds, a large sandy beach all within sight of the reef. Whether you want a romantic vacation or a getaway from the crowds, a spell of renewal or a stepping stone to adventure, we can cater to your needs. With an onsite Dive Shop on our dock to arrange Scuba and Snorkeling excursions, and the Belize Sailing Center on the beach with Sailing, Kayaks, Paddleboards and Windsurfing & Kite surfing rentals, there is no lack of activities for adventure seekers. Or just relax with an oceanfront massage from their onsite masseuse. Our full-time concierge is available to book any mainland tours including Reef & Deep Sea fishing, Jungle Zip-lining, Cave-tubing and Maya Ruin tours. Golf Cart rentals are also available on site. Guests also have access to two fresh water pools, the only Waterslide on the island and the on-site restaurant which serves gourmet Caribbean and Belizean cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Caribbean Villas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Hotel San Pedro
- Caribbean San Pedro
- Caribbean Villas Hotel Belize/San Pedro