If you are looking for a charming, homey, reliable, safe hotel right on the beach, this is the place. The staff is so incredibly nice and helpful. They can help arrange any activity you want. Upon arrival, there is free rum punch, complimentary taxi ride from the water taxi, AND complimentary breakfast during your stay (the huevos rancheros was my fave). Delicious daily drink and lunch specials (running about 5 dollars, too!). There is a pier jutting into the water with a nice hammock to lounge and read in. You can swim right off the dock. Any tour you book, snorkeling, fishing, whatever- they pick you up from the dock! Town is about a 15 minute walk along the beach. We stayed in Room 11, known as the "eagle's nest." It has a full living room area with a pull out queen futon and a dining room table, kitchen, two bathrooms, a twin bed "loft" room, and a master bedroom. WARNING: only the master bedroom has A/C. But, we got a 15% discount and a free half day of snorkeling for three with SEARIOUS tours (also highly recommended) so it wasn't a big deal. We weren't really ever in the room anyways! We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribbean Villas Hotel on Ambergris Caye has comfortable suites/rooms with Caribbean views, beautiful grounds, a large sandy beach all within sight of the reef. Whether you want a romantic vacation or a getaway from the crowds, a spell of renewal or a stepping stone to adventure, we can cater to your needs. With an onsite Dive Shop on our dock to arrange Scuba and Snorkeling excursions, and the Belize Sailing Center on the beach with Sailing, Kayaks, Paddleboards and Windsurfing & Kite surfing rentals, there is no lack of activities for adventure seekers. Or just relax with an oceanfront massage from their onsite masseuse. Our full-time concierge is available to book any mainland tours including Reef & Deep Sea fishing, Jungle Zip-lining, Cave-tubing and Maya Ruin tours. Golf Cart rentals are also available on site. Guests also have access to two fresh water pools, the only Waterslide on the island and the on-site restaurant which serves gourmet Caribbean and Belizean cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Caribbean Villas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Hotel San Pedro
- Caribbean San Pedro
- Caribbean Villas Hotel Belize/San Pedro