Took a flight excursion from the cruise port in Belize to Ambergris Caye as it's rated a most-beautiful beach and we wanted to see it for ourselves. We took a small-plane flight, which was pretty quick, to to the island. Once on the island we rented a golf cart for $45 for the day to scoot around the island.
It's a small island, with 3 main streets. We headed to Ramon's for a drink and possible use of their beach. We were told at the golf cart rental that if we bought a drink / lunch at Ramon's they'd probably let us swim/use their snorkel gear. None of that really worked out, but the view at Ramon's was spectacular. Lunch and drinks at the outdoor restaurant were okay. The pool looked lovely, wish we could have swam there.
Overall, if you head to Ambergris Caye, there isn't a whole lot to do (unless we just didn't find the right spot to swim), but stop in at Ramon's and have a drink and talk to the owners - you'll hear a really interesting story about how they got their start!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramon's Village Resort is the premiere beach resort in San Pedro, Belize featuring authentic Palm Thatched Cabanas, fabulous beach, lagoon style pool, Ramon's Village Divers scuba diving center, Pineapples Restaurant, Tropic Al's and the Tiki Turtle Trading Company. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Ramon's Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramon`s Village Hotel San Pedro
- Ramons Village Hotel
- Ramons Village Belize
- Ramons Village San Pedro
- Ramon's Village Resort Belize/San Pedro