“Great stay!”

Ramon's Village Resort
Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
“Great stay!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed across the street from the resort in their Belizean Princess rooms. Great location on the island (walking distance to everything), awesome service - the staff was so nice, fairly clean rooms, great beach location!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Polish first
Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay here. Ramon has done a fabulous job with landscaping creating a tropical jungle coolness when you first enter from the beach sun & heat. The guest palapa's are charming as is most of San Pedro. Food is great, but didn't like that people can smoke. Particularly at breakfast, that was the most unpleasant part of the stay. The staff are wonderful & will bend over backwards to meet your wishes. Ramon's is a cornerstone of San Pedro and they deserve the credit in building tourism there. Lovely place, people, & location! We'll definitely come back! : )

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Linnea B
Victoria, BC
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I love to travel and experience new places and rarely do I ever choose to go back to that same place twice because in my mind there are just too many places to see in the world to repeat anything. Ramon's is one of my rare exceptions to this rule. I was actually sad to go and I was continuing my trip not heading home so that says alot!

First of all the staff is so welcoming! Even Ramon himself came over to say hi and make sure we were enjoying our stay!Literally after your first day there, they all know your name when you order a drink at the bar or sit for afternoon appies in the beachside lanai.

Secondly, the location is fantastic if you like being near or within walking distance of the action....airport, water taxis, shopping, restaurants, activities, excursions. They are all at your finger tips here!

The food was great and I loved hanging out in the pool or sitting at the beach in the afternoon watching the fishing charters come in and the pelicans playing around in the surf.

I spent a fair bit of time deciding which hotel to book on Ambergris Caye and next time I'm planning a trip to Belize I won't even waste a second...I'll be heading straight to Ramon's website!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank premogypsy
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Very accommodating staff, nice authentic setting. From the moment we hit the ground, Ramon's staff absolutely took care of us. If something wasn't right, they found a way to make it right. The village setting is the coolest spot on the key, maybe not the newest or most lavish but THE MOST lush and relaxing. At first, the proximity to the airport was a bit of a concern, but ended up being an advantage as you can walk the awesome beach to town and multiple excellent restaurants every night with ease. Not that the on-site food wasn't great, because it was really good. Be sure to get a few plates of coconut shrimp for a snack. Drinks are all great as well, fresh and strong. Reasonable prices for everything.

The dive shop was so convenient, located on the best pier in the area straight out from the resort and within yards of the resort. Super relaxing approach to multiple dives each day, as they bring the boat in between dives for a nice surface interval. Great time to get an icy virgin drink and do your log book, all while watching the action on the pier. The staff were all really great once you got to know them a bit, especially Ernesto. He looks all badars, but he's really a teddy bear under water. Outstanding dive master. Also, Ron Siebert is the resident videographer and his work is stellar to say the least. His attention to detail is unparalleled, the videos he crafted and mailed to us are worth every penny and more! Be sure to line him up, rain or shine. Awesome stuff.

This ended up being the best dive setup ever. Close to town, great staff, good equipment, awesome grounds, excellent food, and finally... epic diving!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Schranks
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Reviewed May 13, 2013

If you truly want to go to a tropical destination and feel like you live among the locals, Ramon's is the place. From the moment you get there it is a tropical wonderland set in lush greenery with tall
thatched roof cabanas and all steps to the beach which they keep immaculate. We were a group of 22 people for a destination wedding from the u.s. Every detail was perfect and things done you wouldn't have thought of. The town is only blocks away so if you need to buy last minute items or just go leasurly stroling you can do so on foot or take a golf cart from the property. Everyone at the resort goes out of their way to make you feel special. Thanks to Jack(alicious), Vidal, Roberto, Joe, Francis and all the staff for giving the attention to your guests that makes wonderful memories. Special thanks to Einer who is the best property manager I have ever met. Thanks to him the wedding was superb and I am sure why the staff have been there for many many years. Some over 20. They must be doing something right. Thanks also to Steve for all the work you do to keep this place the fantastic resort it is after all these years in operation. Congratulations Ramon on your Jacques Cousteau award. Very impressive and nice to meet you! What a personal touch to have you there intermingling with your guests. The town of San Pedro is so lively with lots of shops and restaurants and so easy to get around and right there at the resort. I can't imagine staying anywhere else. It is also so easy to get to from the U.S. Short flight to Belize City from major airports and then short 15 minute flight to the Island on Tropic air which lands one block from Resort! Amazing. If you want a wedding, to scuba dive(which the guys in our group are still talking about being the best ever), or just get away and relax, this is the place to go. I am counting the days til I go back.

Room Tip: All cabanas are within steps to the beach but I sure enjoyed room 30 with ocean view right on my bal...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ninabodina
badlab2
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Great service, friendly, clean. We spent our first three nights in Belize there. Nice to sit on beach, restaurant, room, bar, anywhere. Just watch the people walking by, the boats going in and out. Would recommend staying there, central. Felt safe, close to town, food and drinks, are very good. Really can not say nothing negative about the whole experience there.

Room Tip: Beach cabana
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thibodaux, Louisiana
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed at Ramon's for 2 weeks and never had a negative experience. The staff knows your name from the 1st time they meet you. They are all outgoing, fun, friendly & willing to bend over backwards to help. From the wait staff, cooks, bartenders, security, dive shop and groundskeepers, they are as good as it comes. I fell in love with Alex, Kareem, Jack(tastic), Ron, Vidal & everyone there. There is nothing they won't do for you. Ramon is hands on & available all the time, even had dinner with me & brought Flan to me cooked by his wife! You feel welcomed, safe & even loved by the entire staff. My first night, I left the bar, only to find myself lost amidst all the cabanas, laughing at myself for wandering the beach trying to find my cabana. Pinelo in security was watching me being inconspicuous, & then laughing with me, approached me to guide me to my room. From that moment, I knew traveling alone as a single female, I was being looked out for. This place is definitely the place to be! Every excursion, even a walk to town, they asked where I was going & when to expect me back so no one would worry. I was able to leave my hectic life at home & be pampered. I was there long enough to do everything I wanted & nothing if I wanted. Best trip I've taken, will absolutely go back soon & everyone was a little misty eyed when I left. I missed them from the moment I left. Don't miss out on this fantastic village with its charming thatched cabanas & true tropical atmosphere.

Room Tip: I had a cabana on the beach, just steps from the most incredible view ever. Upper balcony where it w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo