After reading some of the reviews I felt compelled to write about my experience at Ramon's in December, 2011. My daughter and I spent 10 nights at Ramon's while I was having extensive dental work done in Belize City. I would catch an early flight back to the mainland, sit in a dental chair for up to seven hours straight, then fly back to San Pedro. It was grueling, but the staff at Ramon's was wonderful. Although I feel it is slightly overpriced, the location can't be beat, the food and service are excellent, and the beach, although small, is just about the best available in the area. Also, since I was leaving my daughter alone all day, I knew she was in a safe location, although anytime you travel you need to be cautious. (She is an adult, but since she was alone I wanted to make sure she was in a place she would have things to do, access to good food, snorkeling, etc.). Ramon's was perfect for both of us. In fact, a friend of my daughter's flew down from the states and stayed a few days with us and had a great time too.
I don't understand any issues about the food. It was a little pricey, but no more so than other restaurants on the island, which, to be truthful is one reason why I would like my husband to visit San Pedro with me, because the food was excellent at all but one of the restaurants we ate at while on the island. The rooms are a hut, but large enough to,serve the purpose, the a/c was cold, the water hot enough. A grocery store is right down the block, within easy walking distance if you want to pick up some cereal and milk for breakfast, or soft drinks or beer to keep in the refrig in your room.
Staying at Ramon's allows you the flexibility of being right in the thick of things, while in a beautifully landscaped setting which gives you a feeling of community. I loved it, and I have stayed at many resorts throughout the Caribbean. It is not 'plush' by any means, but certainly more than adequate, and actually has that perfect island feel. Hope this review is helpful. Have Fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramon's Village Resort is the premiere beach resort in San Pedro, Belize featuring authentic Palm Thatched Cabanas, fabulous beach, lagoon style pool, Ramon's Village Divers scuba diving center, Pineapples Restaurant, Tropic Al's and the Tiki Turtle Trading Company. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Ramon's Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramon`s Village Hotel San Pedro
- Ramons Village Hotel
- Ramons Village Belize
- Ramons Village San Pedro
- Ramon's Village Resort Belize/San Pedro