We were at this resort many years ago. The rooms were out of date then and they have not been changed or updated, that is not good. The rooms are small, dark, the bathrooms quite small, with plastic shower surrounds in the original rooms. Air conditioners and mini bars kind of work, sometimes yes, sometimes no. Lighting is terrible both bedside and overhead. Old colored bedspreads that should immediately be retired. Bathroom is small but water pressure is decent, with enough towels and soaps provided, which is necessary since nothing dries overnight. Decent storage for clothes and suitcases though electrical plugs were few and far between and made it a real challenge to charge things. The cleaning personnel however were excellent. A small patio or deck is off most rooms, not private though in most instances given the foot traffic through the paths within the grounds
Front desk service was not particularly helpful and in several instances we were given wrong directions, wrong information or perplexingly bad suggestions. Bar is good, fun, with good mixed drinks and wine selections. We would not eat at the restaurant except for one mediocre lunch as it was so bad the last time we were there---and looking at it and the menu did not look like it had improved much. Go down the beach or into town, elsewhere to the many better choices.
The grounds, beach and location are the best things here. Many tourists from elsewhere walk to this beach to lay in the sun. The grounds are pleasantly manicured and landscaped and there is a nice but cold pool. There were NEVER enough chairs out on the beach though and unless one parked there all day, you dont have a chance at a chair. It would be simple to add more chairs since they have grown the number of rooms. An okay stay given we did not eat there or spend time in the rooms, but a place where you feel like you simply settled for less than you should
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramon's Village Resort is the premiere beach resort in San Pedro, Belize featuring authentic Palm Thatched Cabanas, fabulous beach, lagoon style pool, Ramon's Village Divers scuba diving center, Pineapples Restaurant, Tropic Al's and the Tiki Turtle Trading Company. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Ramon's Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramon`s Village Hotel San Pedro
- Ramons Village Hotel
- Ramons Village Belize
- Ramons Village San Pedro
- Ramon's Village Resort Belize/San Pedro