“Best Group for Dives/Snorkeling” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramon's Village Resort

Ramon's Village Resort
Ranked #15 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Flanders, New Jersey
“Best Group for Dives/Snorkeling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

HANDS DOWN, best group for diving and snorkeling..!!! These group of guys were able to cater to the level of experience and comfort level in the water. They were professional and very very clean with the equipment. The crew were knowledgeable of their surroundings and able to educate us while on the job. I felt safe at all times, even though I was fearful of the ocean. *HI-5* to Andy, my snorkel guide who helped me over come my fear of sharks and anything under water.

Yes it can be pricey, but It was worth it on a safety and comfort level, in my opinion.Compared to other dive companies on the island, I never felt, as if we were packed like sardines on the boat. The crew would take up to ~20 people total including the crew. 1:5 ratio Guide: Tourist. I saw other boats with 20+ packed and barely able to move around the boat. Their ratio to guides/tourist appeared 1:10.

we did Hol Chan and Shark Alley snorkel that afternoon. And a day later, we did the Blue Hole. Recommend, if you get car sick easily, to invest in Dramamine, take one when waking up, take another during breakfast, then one in the afternoon. The Blue Hole is an all day event, get picked up at 5am, return by 6pm. They provide breakfast, lunch, and fruit/snacks to munch on during your trip. Get an underwater camera at dive shop or in town.

Many Thanks and Abrazos to Andy, Marcos*, and Ernest... thanks for making my experience AWESOME....!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Polish first
Belle Chasse, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

This was by far a great place to stay and an "unbeleziably" excellent resort. The rooms were clean, well apportioned, had lots of amenities. The staff was superb: friendly, helpful, accommodating. Any issue we thought we had was handled before it was even an issue. I have never stayed in such a great resort and will definitely return.

The dive shop was excellent. They handled all our needs and even brought in a boat driver to take kids fishing who had slept later then they should have. Everything was top notch and also so easy. Will go again!!

The dive managers Rick and Judy were so helpful and set everything up so we had nothing to be concerned about. The dive masters (Ernest was one) and snorkel leaders did everything in their power to make sure all was good. We have a Down's Syndrome child (age 22) who took two snorkel trips (Blue Hole and Hol Chan/Shark Ray Alley) and the guides were wonderful. They supervised him so I could enjoy myself. He loved it and so did I. Everything was available by a trip to the dock or a phone call. It was so easy and uncomplicated. I highly recommend both the resort and the dive shop.

Room Tip: Beachside cabanas were super (great sunrises and moon rises) but so were garden. Loved it!! Thatch...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Marty P
Logan, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We did not stay or eat at the Village; we happened upon them walking along the beach on New Year's Day, and they were open so we asked a few questions about dives. From there we decided to do the Hol Chan dive and Shark Alley snorkel that afternoon. The entire experience was great. Ernest was a great dive master for the relatively easy Hol Chan dive (max depth 29 ft.). I say relatively easy because even though we weren't at depth, the current through the channel was very strong. We initially just were doing a drift dive with the current, through some great coral with incredible schools of fish. Eventually however, the current was so strong we were getting pushed into the coral without much recourse. Ernest got us across the riptide, and into another area that was great for fish and coral. We saw some big rays and some turtles too. All in all, it was a very fun dive. It was handled very well and lasted about 45 minutes (one tank). We then moved into Shark alley and snorkeled while the nurse sharks were chummed up to the boat. My wife and I loved it; the sharks were jostling us for position, and we got some great photos. For anyone visiting San Pedro, we highly recommend doing this dive with Ramon's or another dive shop. We found out later doing some other dives that Ramon's is somewhat more expensive, but on the other hand, they were one of the few open on New Year's Day, and it made for a great way to start the New Year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had a family and friend group of 21 go this year. They had three rooms at Ramon's and the rest stayed at the Palms condos next door. We have stayed at Ramons prior. You cannot go wrong with Ramons. Big outdoor eating area with views of the beach and water. Good service from the resturant and bar. Dive shop, store, all nice ammenities for couples or families. Ramons is also located right by the airport so you are an easy walk to town, shops, grocery store, whatever. You can also walk along the beach and hit many bars or resturants. Cannot go wrong staying at this place.

Room Tip: Not convinced that you really need an oceanfront room as all are very close to the beach and how muc...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We visited in mid-December and must say, UNBELIZABLE! We had a most excellent time! The resort, staff, property, dive shop, Pineapple's restaurant, Purple Parrot Bar, gift shop, laundry service, computer at front lobby area and staff and that beach all superb! The room was perfect for our stay, very tropical in ambiance! The gift shop is one of the best in San Pedro...great items and super prices. The Pineapple restaurant was downright exceptional in service! Great service and food you all! Hi to Jackalicious!

Met Mr. Ramon himself, what a pleasant man. The walk via the beach to downtown or uptown was always perfection each and every night and day we took our walks. The markets and stores near by were always very kind to us Americano's. The airport is 5 min's away, which made it perfect to get to and from. I heard no additional noises either. Saw bats early in the am and heard the gecco's chirping at night, so sublime! Loved it all!

I give this spot 5 stars! We will come back one day!

Room Tip: Our room was perfect...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Our entire experience in Belize was wonderful; we were treated so well by the locals from the minute we stepped off the plane. Our stay at Ramon's was nothing short of fantastic; the service was incredible, the staff were so attentive and pleasant, and the ammenities were great. We enjoyed the restaurant, bar, beach, and our little cabana so much, it was very hard to leave. The only, teeny tiny thing that could improve was the beds -- we had two queens (I believe) but they were probably a bit smaller than a typical queen bed you would find in America. That's it, and don't let that discourage you from staying at the hotel. The cabanas are actually thatch-roofed, which was SO relaxing and soothing when it rained or the wind was blowing. The maid services kept our cabana clean and refreshed each day. Ramon's is in a fantastic location, it is a quick five minute walk to the heart of San Pedro (we actually walked down the beach to the nightlife hotspots like Fido's). Not once, as a female, did I or any of our group members feel unsafe or like we were in an area we shouldn't have been in (and we biked down the entire island to visit the bar with the tubes, I can't remember what it was called). The resort offered great day trips, the beach was the nicest we saw on the island, and we just could not have asked for a better place to spend a week. Ramon's is truly paradise, and the staff are the cherry on top! One of my favorite hotels, and locations, of all the places I have been (and that's a lot!)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank AnnaMaris
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I was part of a 30+ group of friends that stayed at Ramon's in early November 2012. We stayed for one week and the wonderful staff welcomed us and was gracious the entire time! Mr. Ramon Nunez even made his rounds and greeted everyone on numerous occasions. The resort is absolutely stunning! You know you are in paradise from the moment you first enter the grounds. The rooms are real cute with the thatched roofs. The Pineapples Restaurant at Ramon's is excellent and the food prices are reasonable.

The group I was with consisted of both divers and non-divers. I was one of the divers and it was my first time diving in Belize. The diving was spectacular! I have known for many years that Belize was a top scuba diving destination. Having now experienced it firsthand, I totally concur! The dive shop was top-notch!

I would definitely go back to Belize and stay at Ramon's Village Resort!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends