Ramon's Village Resort
SunBreeze Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$220
Caribbean Villas Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$166
$126
Banyan Bay Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$148
$170
$280
  • Breakfast included
SunBreeze Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$192
El Secreto(San Pedro)
$420
$329
$299
Banana Beach Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$104
$99
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
1,417 results
All reviewspineappledive shopbelizean princesspurple parrotdive staffdive masterambergris cayegolf cartblue holethatched roofgreat divingbeachfront roomdive sitesin townfishdive vacationhoneymoon suite
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I went to Belize on our Honeymoon and stayed at 3 resorts. This was by far the worst. The staff was great and the food was good but the room STUNK, literally. The lobby we noticed the smell of stale urine, our room smelled of mold and the gift shop was over powering with fake orange scent. There were no commodities like the other resorts, no safe in the room and nobody to check up on your stay. There was a small igloo water bottle on our sink for drinking water and a mini fridge but that was as far as the luxury went. The room was tacky with poorly painted tropical murals and fake ivy up the walls. After seeing the room we decided to spend as much time outside as possible. That being said, the beach was like every other beach I've ever been too, short, a little crowded and you had to swat away locals from trying to sell you crap every 3 seconds. The review written by Michele F is by far the truest reflection of Ramon's I could ever articulate. Jack, Devon and Leon (from Seaduced), Vidal, Alex and Steve were great, really the only thing that kept us from leaving our first day. In fact, after seeing Belize I think San Pedro is a poor depiction of their country as a whole. On the island it's busy with cars, golf carts and bikes with tons of stores and run down houses. Inland they are poor but very culturally rich and proud. The beaches are pretty along the coast, the scuba and fishing were better and the wildlife was unimaginable. All in all I would not go back to Ramon's again, nor would I reccomend others going.

3  Thank Cameron C
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife and I went to San Pedro and stayed at Ramon's Village to celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary. We couldn't have been much happier.

The property itself is beautiful. It looked to me like one of the best maintained on the entire island. They have guys raking the beach every morning to keep it clear of washed up debris and sea grass. I wouldn't consider it luxury, but I do think it is for San Pedro. It's not a very large place, so you don't want to go here to spend the entire time on the resort. San Pedro is a great town with lots to do and see, and it's only a short walk from Ramon's. You can also rent a golf cart and check out the whole island.

The room was nice. We reserved the honeymoon suite. It looked to me like it's about the same as the others, except it's detached and off to the side of the beach to be a little more secluded. The roofs are thatch, and there are little lizards that crawl around in it at night. They didn't bother us at all, but you can here them and it took us a couple of nights to figure out what it was. There is a door on the bathroom, but no ceiling. It's open air into the main room from the top, so if you're shy about that, just thought you should know. The only thing that bothered us about the room is that they have no in-room safe. You have to use a safe deposit box at the front desk. That's inconvenient and out of date in my opinion. We always use the safe's a lot when we travel, so I didn't enjoy having to carry the key and go by the front desk all the time. But, if that's my only complaint, then this is a great property.

The dive shop was also good and very professional. Nice boats, and DM's that know what they're doing. The diving was ok. It was the beginning of the rainy season when we went, so the storms made the water choppy and cloudy, but I still enjoyed the dives. The nurse sharks have become used to the DM's spearing and feeding them lion fish, so don't be surprised if one or two tag along with you while diving.

The beach is the best I saw on San Pedro, because they take good care of it. It's not a good swimming beach because of the sea grass, but none of the beaches in San Pedro are. They do clear it out some here so you can go in the water, just not far. They have a swimming area at the end of the pier that is actually very good if you want to snorkel. There's a large amount of fish and crabs out there. So if you aren't going on an excursion, it's a great place to get your swimming in.

The restaurant was good, but here are too many amazing places in San Pedro to eat all your meals at the hotel. We order the room with the breakfast package, and did breakfast their every morning. For lunch and dinner we would walk through San Pedro and try a new place. We were very happy that we did that. There's no way you can try all the places you'll find. So even though Ramon's offers a complete meal package, you're missing out if you do that.

The people are all super nice and helpful. The hotel staff, and even just the strangers on the street. We are pretty low maintenance people, and don't ask for much. So we had very little interaction with the staff outside of going by the desk for the deposit box or the wait staff at the restaurant. But the times we did, they were all very professional and quick to help with whatever we needed.

I have seen other reviews on here talk about theft, and I was worried about that. That's actually the only reason we went ahead and used the safe deposit box. We didn't keep anything valuable in our room. So we had no problems there. But we also didn't feel like our things were rifled through when we came back to our room each time either.

San Pedro, and Ramon's Village is an amazing and beautiful place. We will be back as soon as we can.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Adam N
Reviewed October 17, 2012

A group of four all in our early 60's stayed for a week at Ramon's. The grounds are very well maintained and attractive. The pool was nice, but the chlorine smell was overwhelming so we rarely used it. Our beachfront rooms were nice and lovely views with a small deck but uncomfortable chairs to sit out on. We could NOT drink the water in the taps and had to trek to the bar/restaurant for water/ice in a provided cooler. It had a spout that dribbled slowly! Most irritating. Having A/C was a blessing. Our travel agent rented a golf cart for us (expensive) but if you can walk about pretty well you don't really need it as San Pedro is very close by. The food was barely tolerable and the waiters (all male) weren't very attentive. The Eggs Benedict, which we had looked forward to as a breakfast special, were inedible. Mystery meat (Spam?), HARD boiled egg yolk and mounds of watery egg white on soggy toast. Served with soggy toast with barely melted cheddar cheese. Disgusting. Frequently they were "out" of something. Ramon's is a good location, great beach and nice rooms. But do not plan on eating there with any regularity or you will suffer.

Room Tip: Beachfront is the way to go as the airport is behind the resort and the back rooms have a VERY busy, noisy road behind them.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PennyH63
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed at Ramon's for the second half of our 20th anniversary week in Belize. The first half was in the jungle (fantastic!!), then we were anticipating a nice, secluded thatch-roof hut on a beautiful beach for the second half. Ramon's fell short for us.

First of all, Ramon’s is situated across the street from the Ambergris Caye airstrip, which is smack-dab in the middle of San Pedro. Nothing secluded about that. No matter what room you’re in, you’ll be treated to the sound of small aircraft multiple times a day. If you happen to be in a room farthest away from the beach, you’ll also be treated to the sounds of golf carts and basic city life.

Second of all, although I would agree with others who say that Ramon's has one of the nicest beaches on the island, this isn't really saying much. If you're used to beaches on, say, Playa del Carmen, then you will be disappointed with ANY beach on Ambergris Caye. The beaches here are very short - the resorts are built right up to the edge practically - and they have a lot of seaweed that diligent workers have to clear away daily.

Regardless of these facts (both of which I realize that Ramon’s cannot do anything about), we were expecting to be placed in the nicest room they had available given the occasion. The room they originally put us in was their "mini suite beach front" room, but it was a far cry from luxurious. Yes, it had a thatch roof, but that was the only thing that matched our expectations. I won’t go into details on the room itself – just suffice it to say that we were not impressed. After exploring the area a little bit, we decided to take a chance and inquire about other rooms. We discovered that one of their honeymoon suites was available and I immediately questioned their integrity as to why we weren't put in that room to begin with (I had mentioned it was our 20th anniversary when we checked in). They were going to charge us an additional $25 per night to make the upgrade, but they later told us that they would waive it. Regardless, even the honeymoon suite left a lot to be desired. Although it was a definite improvement over the first room, the shower had no lighting and desperately needed a new shower head... and we even had the unpleasant visit of a cockroach. Still not our idea of luxury.

Now, to be fair, there were several positive aspects of Ramon’s that I am happy to mention. First of all, the staff is very friendly, including Ramon himself, whom we had the pleasure of meeting. It looked like he made regular visits to the dining area at breakfast time to meet his guests. Nice guy. I will also say that Jack, one of our waiters, was fabulous – and he knows more about the United States than probably 65% of Americans. Great guy. The staff that runs the dive shop is also very friendly and helpful. We took a snorkel trip to Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley and had a great time. The pool is another plus – it’s beautiful. And I have to compliment the food – it was very good.

We were supposed to stay 3 nights at Ramon’s, but after renting a golf cart and exploring the northern part of the island, we found a resort that just oozed luxury… we immediately checked out of Ramon’s early and spent our last night indulging in sumptuousness that Ramon’s could never provide.

For divers, Ramon’s is probably a great place. I get that. It’s right next to the second largest reef in the world. But we’re not divers. We should've done more homework before booking this resort... if we had, we would’ve never booked it. I had to be honest in my review so other honeymooners/couples wouldn’t make the same mistake we did.

3  Thank Michele F
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Let me say this property is beautiful & the location is great. We just returned from Belize & had a wonderful time but when we arrived at Ramon's they refused to give us the room we had paid for. We were traveling with another couple & the trip had been paid for months prior, right before leaving the other couple had to cancel (death in the family). Ramon's escorted us to a very tiny room (our travel papers said we had a 2 bedroom suite with a kitchenette). I went to the office and they said "but the other couple isn't coming so you just get that room". They refused to give us the 2 rooms that we had paid for (they were connecting rooms). Finally on our 3rd night there (we stayed 5) and after threatening by our travel agent, they finally opened the door allowing us access to the other room we had already paid for. It really put a sour taste in my mouth and while we will travel back to the area for sure, we will not stay at Ramon's. The pool however was nice and so was the staff. This incident aside, the rooms were small and in desperate need of a good scrub and update.

Room Tip: do not get an upstairs room as the roof is thatched which makes it very hard to cool even at night.
1  Thank Kate G